Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 04:25 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,326,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
That's awful. At least my republican friends think I'm republican and my democratic friends think I'm a democrat so I'm able to keep peace
That's a wonderful skill! Good on ya mate!

Old 01-07-2013, 04:32 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,107,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I was just outside and a passing bird pooped on my head. Isn't that supposed to be good luck or is that just on your wedding day? Have to go wash my hair now!
That happened to my car the other day with all kinds of birds taking turns dropping on it from the tree above. It was a mess and I had to go to the carwash before heading home.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:16 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,252,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
That sucks.....I detest bad treatment in stores.....sometimes young clerks resent having to work and take it out on the customer.

I'll tell you a true story about a famous professional basketball player's mother who lived in Central Illinois. The basketball player's mother was a very nice black lady who was just down to earth (her other son was my mail person at work). The basketball player gave her lots of money but she chose to dress in clothes which she purchased off the rack.

The basketball player told his mother he wanted her to go purchase a new Mercedes and to go to the local dealer. She went to the dealer and was looking around. The person who came up to talk to her asked her what she wanted.....she said she wanted to buy a new Mercedes....he told her they didn't have anything in the store that she could afford and turned and walked away from her. Needless to say the basketball player was furious and they went to a different dealer about 30 miles away and paid cash for a new Mercedes.
what morons. Good for her they went some place else.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:07 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,147,262 times
So I finally got my ER bill from last summer when I was bitten by something. They gave me two shots and sent me home. I already paid 100+ bill for the physician and now get a bill for 1,362??? For WHAT? Two shots? Do I look like I have money growing from me? I had being on a PPO plan, which is why I think my bill was so high to begin with (3,000+) and would gladly switch to an HMO if I could but this PPO was the only one that accepted me and now I have to deal with this?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:09 PM

19,460 posts, read 17,080,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
. . . Needless to say the basketball player was furious and they went to a different dealer about 30 miles away and paid cash for a new Mercedes.
I'd have probably taken it one step further and driven into the parking lot of the previous dealership, found the sales person who turned my mom down and thanked him because they got a much better car from (insert dealer name here)! Stereotyping is ugly and only shows ignorance.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
So I finally got my ER bill from last summer when I was bitten by something. They gave me two shots and sent me home. I already paid 100+ bill for the physician and now get a bill for 1,362??? For WHAT? Two shots? Do I look like I have money growing from me? I had being on a PPO plan, which is why I think my bill was so high to begin with (3,000+) and would gladly switch to an HMO if I could but this PPO was the only one that accepted me and now I have to deal with this?
I think I'm calmer now as I did some research about ER bills and how you can try and negotiate with the hospital regarding the bill. I wish that I took my chances and waited the next day to visit urgent care but I seriously was afraid that my foot would rot or something as it got so swollen and red from whatever bit me. Now I'm gonna have to negotiate to see if I can get this reduced. Apparently, they already billed my insurance so I need to get an itemized statement and, hopefully, I can spot some errors that will help me in negotiating a lower bill. I don't think a shot is worth $681 apiece so something's not right about this bill. I already paid the physician so it can't be for his diagnosis. (sigh)

Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 PM

I hope you're able to get them to lower the bill, Chatteress. That's an outrageous amount for the emergency room and an injection.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I hope you're able to get them to lower the bill, Chatteress. That's an outrageous amount for the emergency room and an injection.
I agree which is why I need to get the itemized bill then use that towards negotiating a more reasonable price. There's no way that two injections could cost 3K (which is what the total bill was before my insurance paid). Personally, I feel that I, along with millions of others, are being charged these ridiculously inflated ER bills to subsidize for those that can't or won't pay their ER bills ... This is what really irks me and I don't have the money to be paying this mess. If the government is mandating that no one is to be turned away (which I'm thankful for BTW), then the government needs to subsidize the loss that the medical facilities face when these patients don't pay. Don't take it out on those of us who care about paying our bills.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
I agree which is why I need to get the itemized bill then use that towards negotiating a more reasonable price. There's no way that two injections could cost 3K (which is what the total bill was before my insurance paid). Personally, I feel that I, along with millions of others, are being charged these ridiculously inflated ER bills to subsidize for those that can't or won't pay their ER bills ... This is what really irks me and I don't have the money to be paying this mess. If the government is mandating that no one is to be turned away (which I'm thankful for BTW), then the government needs to subsidize the loss that the medical facilities face when these patients don't pay. Don't take it out on those of us who care about paying our bills.

Amen sista! People wonder why health care costs so much now. When an emergency room charge for 30 minutes is close to $500 bucks, then the doctor charges his fee which is usually around the same and then the inflated medicine charges. Oh and forget about asking for a tissue to wipe your tears because you know you're going to be broke after seeing the bill. A box of tissue is 10 bucks, there. BYOB (bring your own box)

Yeah, I'd be asking for an itemized statement, too.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:28 AM

Websites that automatically start up these LOUD videos as soon as you enter their site. I'm used to this crap from some of the news sites but now Weather.com? Normally, I check the weather as I've found them to be a reliable weather source and usually check the weather before I head for bed. Now I have to remember to mute my computer so that the LOUD video clip doesn't disturb the neighbors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics