Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 01:02 PM

12,335 posts, read 17,219,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post

Or a co-worker who comes to work with a cold and then asks to use your phone for second. When you say no, they act indignant and stomp off. This is probably the #1 reason I'm so happy to be retired. I don't have to put up with them.

Aside from that, I have absolutely no complaints today. The sun is shining, it's not raining, it's a little warmer than yesterday and I woke up this morning! Today (at least) is perfect.
Could you fling some of that sunshine this way? Rainy, cold and gloomy here in the Big Apple.

I agree, many people don't realize of care they spread their germs.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:10 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,084,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
People on the subway who cough and sneeze, Esp now during flu season and then give you a dirty look when you move away from them.
Tell me about it.... I had a woman who got really angry with me on the bus because I moved away from her when she was coughing like crazy. Like I really want your germs. It's sad that employees are not given the time off they need to recuperate when they are sick and people wonder why the flu and colds spread so fast.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 PM

19,355 posts, read 16,901,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Could you fling some of that sunshine this way? Rainy, cold and gloomy here in the Big Apple.
You must be experiencing what we were a few days ago. Bundle up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
It's sad that employees are not given the time off they need to recuperate when they are sick and people wonder why the flu and colds spread so fast.
In my case, we had a very generous sick-leave package. Why these people came to work, dragging their little germs with them, defied logic. One co-worker passed on her "pink-eye" to me. Being ticked at her was putting it mildly. Since retiring, I haven't had one cold or flu. (knock wood)

Old 01-16-2013, 02:03 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,271,525 times
Don't laugh! This is the stress & venting thread!

Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,808,665 times
And a nanner-nanner to you, dawg. Meow

I haven't had the flu in 10 years. This fall I felt my number was up, so I got a shot. Good thing, huh?
Last week I dragged my son who's in college for a flu shot too, since he keeps getting sick on campus. This week I see the vaccine may be in short supply. Good thing I decided to take him.

My vent - son's laptop is overheating big time. We read that we should just open it up and clean out the fan. Looked online......lots of instructions and videos about how to open up a laptop and clean out the fan... except for his.
Went to Staples, they won't open up a laptop. The guy only knows of one guy in the whole county who might be willing to try and open and dust the dang thing.

I gave my son a small tabletop fan and showed him how to tilt it so it will blow more cool air through the chill mat. Maybe he should just go and sit out in the snow and compute.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:05 PM

33,065 posts, read 36,721,129 times
Is everyone in a bad mood this month? It seems that I can't do or say anything without offending someone.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:51 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,106,016 times
Yikes....we sold a vehicle we had to one of dh's friends .... he wanted it to re-sell and he didn't have all the money so my hubbie (I sure wouldn't have agreed to this) let him make payments but we held the title and wouldn't give it to him until he paid us all the money.

This guy advertised it.....a man came and this so called friend traded it for a motorcycle and called hubbie and said I want the title. I will now sell the motorcycle and give you the money. I told hubbie we were calling the police. The guy got the vehicle back and hopefully learned a lesson. And hopefully hubbie learned one too (?????)! With friends like this who needs enemies!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:27 AM

36,539 posts, read 16,122,360 times
Rant:
So we got a little snow and lots of ice last night/this morning. I drove to work late, pulled in the driveway and slid, (I work at someones house). I opened the door and couldn't get out, it was slicker than snot. Pulled up a little closer to the garage door and the lady of the house ( the mother of the person I care for), threw a wooden stick at my car and said, Here's a walking stick!! There was a bag of ice melt, next to the garage, there is also a Man of the house!! I'm pissed that they didn't even think to make it safe for me, yet expect you to be there regardless of the weather.

If I had fallen, (I'm 60), I suppose their homeowners ins would cover my injuries, if there were any.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:18 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,992,171 times
^^^ I agree! They knew you were coming over to their house. They could have put ice melt or sand on the icy areas.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:35 PM

36,539 posts, read 16,122,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^^ I agree! They knew you were coming over to their house. They could have put ice melt or sand on the icy areas.
Thank you! I just don't understand people sometimes especially when it comes to common sense or common courtesy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics