Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 05:59 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

^^^ I agree, that's very scary! Sounds like playing around and a little road rage might be going on.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:03 PM

I got an suspicious email with no subject from a neighbor and found out that their account was hacked. Now I worry! I don't like being included in everyones email address book, it can cause issues later.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:01 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I got an suspicious email with no subject from a neighbor and found out that their account was hacked. Now I worry! I don't like being included in everyones email address book, it can cause issues later.
At least they didnt send you a virus attached to a photo, and as you figured it was someone you knew you opened it. And they send it to everyone on a persons contact list. I dont know why people have to be so mean to ones that never hurt them. I'd never do something like that to people. Now to those that had, I wouldn't mind making their computer lose its mind. They claim that yahoo and hotmail are the easiest to hack. They have been around a long time so maybe thats true. Change your password frequently and make it long and difficult with various numbers, uppercase letters and other symbols. There is a password tester, that rates ones password in terms of security.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:29 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
[quote=shroombeanie;24969240]I drive a taxi and have had it with people thinking I'm out there 'just having fun driving around'. Expecting deals and discounts. Things are priced the way they are for a reason. You want a reduced price go to an 'overstock' or 'discontinued product' sale. Clip those coupons. Driving is how I pay my bills/rent, buy food, and save a few bucks as well. Had quite enough of people with such entitlement/control issues in places of management/ownership in my day. I'm now (95%) my own boss. All I have to do is not kill anyone to keep this status.

I tell those that ask for such deals and discounts, this...

"You want a deal? I tell you what... you call (bosses name) and tell him to give me a discount on my $73/day taxi lease. Then call the gas station and tell them to give me a discount on my fuel bill. Then call the grocery store, cell phone carrier, cable and car insurance company and tell them to give me a discount. Then you can get a deal on your taxi fare."

That is amazing, people asking for discount on a taxi fare! We are living in strange times....

Old 07-02-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
At least they didnt send you a virus attached to a photo, and as you figured it was someone you knew you opened it. And they send it to everyone on a persons contact list. I dont know why people have to be so mean to ones that never hurt them. I'd never do something like that to people. Now to those that had, I wouldn't mind making their computer lose its mind. They claim that yahoo and hotmail are the easiest to hack. They have been around a long time so maybe thats true. Change your password frequently and make it long and difficult with various numbers, uppercase letters and other symbols. There is a password tester, that rates ones password in terms of security.
Well that's the problem, because they were hacked and a virus or Trojan got into their emailing address book and then sent out emails to everyone it is "very possible" that my pc now has a virus or malware in it. I did run a McAfee scan to check but nothing showed up {{{ yet }}}.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:05 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
It's annoying when some people don't know boundaries and think it's okay to come over because they got the keys to the house. These people shouldn't even have the keys to OUR house in the first place. They don't know how to ASK for permission before throwing parties at someone's house. Don't even bother to clean once they are done.

Every time I vent about them it seems like I will never be satisfy until I move out.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:23 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Well that's the problem, because they were hacked and a virus or Trojan got into their emailing address book and then sent out emails to everyone it is "very possible" that my pc now has a virus or malware in it. I did run a McAfee scan to check but nothing showed up {{{ yet }}}.
I was convinced that the hacking I was dealing with last month originated in Gmail which is now deleted and I won't even use google. I'm now using yahoo for email and MacAfee feels secure enough with yahoo to flip to it from the MacAfee secure search site. I had a lot of folders in Gmail and the hacker was having vicious fun selecting folders I used most often and deleting the contents. Also, hacker was apparently online with me when I downloaded MacAfee. There was something odd about the setup and when it was "finished" it had the MacAfee logo but was pretty much a shell. I knew what it should look like and how it should perform so I called MacAfee and let a tech get into my PC and do the download. So just for the heck of it, you may want to also give them a call and don't use any phone numbers in emails that appear to be from MacAfee.

I will never again create a contact/address list for my email. But I can't tell others what to do with my email address so just hope for the best. I'm also never again clicking on a link in an email even though it appears to be from a friend or acquaintance. Good luck with yours!

Old 07-04-2012, 05:33 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
I am missing Nomadicus and if he should drop in Happy 4th my friend

Old 07-05-2012, 02:08 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
I am up and and it is late or early depending on how u look at the glass half full, half empty or just... well I could babble more but I have vented sufficiently

Old 07-05-2012, 06:53 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times
Discussing and warning people about Toxoplasma gondii (T. gondii) is a good reminder but there are better ways than creating articles with headings of "Cat lady suicide." This one is on yahoo home page today. T. Gondii lurks in cat poop but also undercooked meats and unwashed vegetables. Anyone will hurriedly wash hands if accidentally touching poop or any part of cat litter. But is everyone just as concerned about a good hand wash after handling raw meat while preparing a meal or thoroughly washing vegetables, especially for a raw veg salad? Often not.

I just get tired of a woman rescuing cats called crazy cat lady. This crap article starts with: The trope of the "cat lady," essentially a woman who has failed in all attempts to acquire human companions (which has resulted in ever-increasing numbers of feline friends to fill the void of her lonely singledom) is one associated with loneliness and depression,...

There always has been and always will be women and men who bring in more cats and dogs than they can take care of. Men are never called crazy cat men and no one has come up with a slang term for a person rescuing too many dogs instead of cats. I think it's the lingering mind-set that cats=women so if a woman is catering to cats instead of men then there must be something wrong with her. I really like Jackson on My Cat from Hell. He gets emotional and tears up when pleased or when just thinking about all the cats he has seen euthanized in shelters. As far as I know, no one is calling him a crazy cat man or accusing him of "failing in attempts to acquire human companions."

That's my vent for the day. If the article was on paper I'd put it in the litter box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics