Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 09:16 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,101,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Alright...I know this is petty but its been annoying me. For the past two weeks various women on my FB page has been posting pictures of their feet after getting a pedicure. Now okay, I get it they are having some "me" time and wanna show off their painted toes but I don't find feet to be particularly attractive to begin with (except baby feet). In my experience very few people are blessed with attractive feet and none of them are on my page. In fact, I had no idea how horrific these people's feet were even with pretty polish. I'm tired of getting on FB and going.... EWWWW.
Wow! Fortunately, none of my Facebook contacts show off their tootsies but I can imagine thinking to yourself "TMI"

Old 06-21-2012, 12:05 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,385,909 times
I am home minding my own business... I don't open my door for strangers, but I certainly do not open my door for maleswho fit the the profile of a serial killer... Some weird arse dude bammed on my window like the police... I opened the door and the guy had the nerve to ask me if I know who lives next door to me and if they moved... I said "I don't think u need to be disturbing me about that!" I thought some very bad words before I closed my door. I hope he is not a serial killer. How dare that dude disturb me about something that is clearly none of my business... The unmitigated gall of that slimeball...

Old 06-21-2012, 08:19 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,101,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I am home minding my own business... I don't open my door for strangers, but I certainly do not open my door for maleswho fit the the profile of a serial killer... Some weird arse dude bammed on my window like the police... I opened the door and the guy had the nerve to ask me if I know who lives next door to me and if they moved... I said "I don't think u need to be disturbing me about that!" I thought some very bad words before I closed my door. I hope he is not a serial killer. How dare that dude disturb me about something that is clearly none of my business... The unmitigated gall of that slimeball...
I would have ignored him ... If some strange guy is banging on my window, I would be afraid to even open the door. Glad he did not try to harm you, SQ.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:45 PM

870 posts, read 3,539,031 times
Default when will advertisers learn?

hey all you restaurant owners and coupon magazine distributors out there -

please don't waste your money by sending me coupons in the mail or delivering coupon magazines or sending me emails in which i have to purchase large quantities of food (2 large drinks and a side dish and a meal) in order to get one dish free. you can guarantee i won't be coming in.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:38 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,385,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I would have ignored him ... If some strange guy is banging on my window, I would be afraid to even open the door. Glad he did not try to harm you, SQ.
Me too... I keep thinking I will be glad when boys move out... but it is times like that when I am glad they are around. Of course this morning the youngest kid told me my lecture was getting old... U know disrespect makes be get disrespectful. I said in a very calm voice "GO TO YOUR ROOM IMMEDIATELY" and that all I said and Yall what else, it won't be no dinner cooked at my house tonight and I won't be grocery shopping anytime soon. Oh and no one will be going with me to see a movie today and when I leave I will not be back till night fall. These kids get on my flippin nerve, so they gotta be taught fleppp w/ me I will make ur life miserable I wish they daddy had died two weeks for I met him OOps did I say that out loud Well it's all in the venting... the kids are the only good thing that man gave me well I suppose he was pretty good a making the babies Hey, But sometimes I think the price for that pleasure has been just too much...

Old 06-24-2012, 08:13 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,277,328 times
That "additional plugins are required...." bar that recently began appearing at the top of every screen. Don't know why it suddenly began appearing but a little browsing suggests getting rid of it in a way I don't like. I'm not a PC geek. ***Had a moment of scariness just now but it was the cat moving the pointer.*** Anyway ... that thing plugin bar started showing up about the same time I was getting all the new spam, then discovered I had trojans. Worry, worry.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:50 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,486,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
That "additional plugins are required...." bar that recently began appearing at the top of every screen. Don't know why it suddenly began appearing but a little browsing suggests getting rid of it in a way I don't like. I'm not a PC geek. ***Had a moment of scariness just now but it was the cat moving the pointer.*** Anyway ... that thing plugin bar started showing up about the same time I was getting all the new spam, then discovered I had trojans. Worry, worry.
I get messages appearing on my screen as well Kitty. They say things like 'press this for new update on something or other'. I just ignore them. When my son comes over, he can take a look and see what he thinks......

Old 06-24-2012, 09:55 AM

50,640 posts, read 64,705,363 times
Ok, so DH and I were just getting back on our feet after he lost his job and changed careers. My job was great with great benefits, too, but I just found out that my job is being eliminated in October. At my age, I doubt I'll get another full time job.

Stress? Heck, ya. it makes me feel as if we're being punished for some reason.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:56 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,022,335 times
starting the day with some coffee and trying to get motivated into going outside in the heat to do chores. who wants to do {{{{that}}}} in the morning anyhow. Time for a nap I think.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:58 AM

50,640 posts, read 64,705,363 times
And another thing.

MACY'S, don't bother sending me a Happy Birthday $10. off coupon, which, when I go to buy something, cannot be used in conjuction with anything I want to buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics