Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 12:34 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,388,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I just want to go home and things to be like they used to be. I can't even sleep thinking about this so much.
U will get there Mo hang in there

Old 11-03-2011, 08:17 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,857,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
While I'm glad to see some of the British Royals caring about the starvation in Somalia, and hope it sparks a lot more press about this terrible situation, I wonder how much they are giving? This other article I found said a 5 figure donation. Fifty photographers watch them pack boxes, hey..don't forget the all important check. Think of what they must spend, and what they really need, and what they waste. They want others to donate, sure I'd be happy to give something, but how many little fish does it take to make one substantial donation. I would hope the big name and over paid celebs and sports figures are giving generously.

Duchess of Cambridge: I want to put the spotlight on this terrible famine - Telegraph
Here's the important thing to remember, all those little numbers add up...and it is people helping people. It's not how much you give, but that you care enough to give.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I just want to go home and things to be like they used to be. I can't even sleep thinking about this so much.
Hang in there Mo, and hang out in here with cool C-D chicks.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:38 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,530,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
MK, my good friend, head over to the "You know you're getting older when" thread. Remember we are chicks too young to remember Elvis movies..stilettos perhaps.
,Excuse me Young Lady, you shouldn't talk to your elders like that.

(1).The thread you pointed out has been dormant for some time now.
(2). I didn't know there was an age limit on "stress or venting".
(3). Your a female with more shoes than Payless or Walmart but don't have a pair of Stilettos?
It's not like they're out of style.

Heels|Shoes:Stiletto Heel,Heel Pump,Women's High Heel Shoes,Spool Heel,womens dress shoes,summer shoes,party shoes,prom shoes,High-heeled Shoes at Amiclubwear.com Heels Store

Old 11-03-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
,Excuse me Young Lady, you shouldn't talk to your elders like that.

(1).The thread you pointed out has been dormant for some time now.
(2). I didn't know there was an age limit on "stress or venting".
(3). Your a female with more shoes than Payless or Walmart but don't have a pair of Stilettos?
It's not like they're out of style.

Heels|Shoes:Stiletto Heel,Heel Pump,Women's High Heel Shoes,Spool Heel,womens dress shoes,summer shoes,party shoes,prom shoes,High-heeled Shoes at Amiclubwear.com Heels Store
1) Aw, really
2) There isn't...it just needs to be done with "timeless grace"
3) Got me on that one.I have lots of heels, so many that I am
embarrassed to say how many exactly, but more than 50 and less
than 200 My ex used to call me "Imelda".

PS. Stilettos are deadly and chicks rock

Old 11-03-2011, 10:28 AM

1,149 posts, read 2,525,384 times
Default Damn!!! I DID IT AGAIN!!!

I forgot my Own Wedding Anniverary... Again! Usually the man forgets. I am so dyslexic! or Something, LOL! and yes! I am happily married. (40Yrs.)
I am so glad I didn't have a child born on Nov,3rd or I would never remember the... poor kids birthday!

I could just kick my own a** sometimes!!!

Okie

Old 11-03-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie_Dokie! View Post
I forgot my Own Wedding Anniverary... Again! Usually the man forgets. I am so dyslexic! or Something, LOL! and yes! I am happily married. (40Yrs.)
I am so glad I didn't have a child born on Nov,3rd or I would never remember the... poor kids birthday!

I could just kick my own a** sometimes!!!

Okie
I'd be swinging my brand new ironing board at you about now....

Old 11-03-2011, 11:31 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,704,828 times
Just a little more than halfway into my Lean Pocket, something doesn't quite taste right nor feel right. Come to find that it's a 1 1/2" strip of flexi plastic and think I may have swallowed a littler piece in that same bite.

I'm 'bout ready to send off an email to the company but I almost always take the sandwich out and leave the paper box at home for recycling and that way it doesn't take up as much space in my lunch tote. So I've got the form almost filled out to send back to them but the areas for UPC and Manufacturing Codes won't let me leave blank or put question marks in. I have to have it completely filled out. Spouse had errands to run today, hope that it didn't involve stopping at the recycling center.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Just a little more than halfway into my Lean Pocket, something doesn't quite taste right nor feel right. Come to find that it's a 1 1/2" strip of flexi plastic and think I may have swallowed a littler piece in that same bite.

I'm 'bout ready to send off an email to the company but I almost always take the sandwich out and leave the paper box at home for recycling and that way it doesn't take up as much space in my lunch tote. So I've got the form almost filled out to send back to them but the areas for UPC and Manufacturing Codes won't let me leave blank or put question marks in. I have to have it completely filled out. Spouse had errands to run today, hope that it didn't involve stopping at the recycling center.
I would definitely be writing them too. Haven't had anything bad happen to me like that since I got a deep fried spider with my meal, which they tried to pass off as a lobster claws. Um sure.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:08 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,027,431 times
I stopped at a local restaurant the other day for lunch and had a bad chicken breast that was spoiled and cooked into my Italian dish. I ate about ½ of it trying to tell myself it was ok,,,,,,, but then I stopped and couldn’t take anymore. When the waitress came back to the both, I told her to have the cook check his refrigerated uncooked chicken ~ it is spoiled!

She took the cost of the dish off the receipt which was nice however I would have liked to have eaten a nice lunch and pay for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics