Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 07:53 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times

Advertisements

^^^ A very sad anniversary NJ. I lost my dad 25 years ago this year, so a similar time scale to you. My dd died young too, at 55. He would have been 80 this coming October, hard to imagine him as an old man. My best wishes to you, I guess we never really get over the loss.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:00 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,693,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Lost my Dad 24 years ago today. Too young to die at 58.

HUG your parents today if you are still fortunate to have them!!

I'm sorry for your loss,njsocks,especially since your dad was so young. Both my parents are gone and boy, it sure would be nice to hug them again. I hope you have many happy memories of you and your dad to help make this day alittle easier. Hang in there.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,180 times
I'm sorry too, NJsocks and you too Dave. My dad died at 52, after being on dialysis for 13 yrs. 3 days after my 20th birthday. My mom died in 09 but sadly I have open wounds from her that will never be healed. So its true one never forgets.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:33 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,505 times
Big hugs to each of you for these sad memories.

My dad passed away at 61. Way too young for a hard working man to go. He did construction work and was having lots of pain in his chest. A doctor had him on something for heartburn. When he finally went to another doctor, the doc knew from his appearance alone that he had cancer. That was in December 1973 and he died four months later. Very sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Lost my Dad 24 years ago today. Too young to die at 58.

HUG your parents today if you are still fortunate to have them!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
^^^ A very sad anniversary NJ. I lost my dad 25 years ago this year, so a similar time scale to you. My dd died young too, at 55. He would have been 80 this coming October, hard to imagine him as an old man. My best wishes to you, I guess we never really get over the loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
I'm sorry for your loss,njsocks,especially since your dad was so young. Both my parents are gone and boy, it sure would be nice to hug them again. I hope you have many happy memories of you and your dad to help make this day alittle easier. Hang in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I'm sorry too, NJsocks and you too Dave. My dad died at 52, after being on dialysis for 13 yrs. 3 days after my 20th birthday. My mom died in 09 but sadly I have open wounds from her that will never be healed. So its true one never forgets.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:56 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Dave- I am very sorry for your loss too. You are right...we never get over it but time heals and we have memories that no one can take away. Thank you!

Quote:
LL-Thank you so much! I have many happy memories with my dad *and Mom*. Just wish he was there to see my kids grow up......but I know they are watching over us ...... I am sorry about your parents also. I lost mine within 6 years of each other.

Quote:
I'm sorry too, NJsocks and you too Dave. My dad died at 52, after being on dialysis for 13 yrs. 3 days after my 20th birthday. My mom died in 09 but sadly I have open wounds from her that will never be healed. So its true one never forgets
Todd- I am so sorry for the loss of your dad also. Too young...We never forget...Todd.... hang onto those precious memories of them.

Quote:
Big hugs to each of you for these sad memories.

My dad passed away at 61. Way too young for a hard working man to go. He did construction work and was having lots of pain in his chest. A doctor had him on something for heartburn. When he finally went to another doctor, the doc knew from his appearance alone that he had cancer. That was in December 1973 and he died four months later. Very sad
Kitty- I am so sorry for your loss. So hard when they are so young.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:44 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,693,489 times
Sending cyber hugs to all of you who have lost a parent/parents.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:35 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Ever use the window washing sponge at the gas station to clean off the windshield. I did this afternoon and boy was that grouse smelling water in the tray for the window squeegee. Yuck how ugly,,,,,, don’t they ever change or clean out the water?????

Old 03-29-2012, 05:45 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times

Old 03-29-2012, 10:57 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Warning,,,, if you see that red pickup truck with California plates pulling a car transport trailer behind him, he is unable to use his depth perception. While I’m entering the freeway and in the far right lane still, he passes me and changes into my lane in an effort to exit,,,,, only problem is that he fails to notice that the trailer he’s pulling is almost sideswiping me. What the hell is wrong with these drivers who can’t see or even realize that others on the road have their own space and right of way.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:18 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,032 times
This is by far the worst allergy season I've ever experienced. None of the OTC meds work, in fact I have to take them all together (Allegra, Claritin, Zyrtec) in order to get relief, and even then I have to take more than the maximum daily dose. I'm about ready to rip my eyeballs out of their sockets. Fortunately I have an appointment with an allergist soon. If you don't hear from me within 2 weeks, It's because I hanged myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics