Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 09:39 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,848,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
todd00, you've probably seen it on the news already but President Obama has addressed the issue. He said it will be investigated by federal, state and local law enforcement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I'd read there was to be an investigation. The towns nit-wit Chief of Police has been put on administrative leave. They have over a million signatures now, hope that helps too.
---------------------

I had to go out to the store, I just hate these stores that have music so loud you cant think what you need. Anyone else run into that?
So very sad, for his family. What a complete and senseless tragedy.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:59 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,079,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Hate to say it, but so much of this stuff is made offshore. There is no standard sizing at all anymore. Clothing made in Europe is also much smaller. So, not you Chat, just the sizing. I am sure you look very nice in whatever you choose. Labels today mean nothing. Quality has gone down, and prices have gone up.
Thanks Taiga ... You are right and I should not allow the sizing upset me so much. I just need to get back down to my smaller size but that will not happen overnight. Rough being in your 30's and not having the bod you had when you were younger.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:29 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,981,783 times
People who have uncontrollable bad dogs! After a number of weeks working (volunteering) I’ve visited a good number of homes where the owner can’t control their dog/s. A few of these are just mean very mean dogs too. I don’t understand it? The owners themselves are embarrassed about the barking; growling and the animal can’t or won’t behave or follow their commands. It’s stupid.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:35 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,848,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
People who have uncontrollable bad dogs! After a number of weeks working (volunteering) I’ve visited a good number of homes where the owner can’t control their dog/s. A few of these are just mean very mean dogs too. I don’t understand it? The owners themselves are embarrassed about the barking; growling and the animal can’t or won’t behave or follow their commands. It’s stupid.
For sure. No bad dogs really..just some bad owners. Actually though, I find many people's dogs are better behaved than their children...

Old 03-25-2012, 09:39 AM

^^^^ You do have a point there! I agree

Old 03-25-2012, 12:42 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,367,723 times
I was at the gym this morning and I over heard a trainer trying to solicit business. He was talking to a very out of shape man telling him how he could help him. They were talking about the getting a social security card at the Social Security Office- the trainer remarks how scary he thought it was and he didn't feel safe. I made sure I looked at him real good what the LL is he working out for???? It I were that guy no way I'd hire an admitted coward to train me. I wanted to call him and ??unk-pay ??itch-bay to his face and dare him to hit me! The only thing is I not sure I could take him in a fist fight LOL

Old 03-25-2012, 12:47 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,807,955 times
It was so unseasonably nice and warm here lately that I had the best March I'd had in years. Today it's back in the 40's and raining and it feels so cold and raw, even with the heat on.
I woke up at 4AM and couldn't get back to sleep so I worked on inventory and data updates.
Around 6 AM I decided to weigh myself. After 3 weeks of watching what I ate and feeling hungry often and lots of fast walks (according to my heart rate monitor I was really burning calories) I found that today I weigh exactly the same as I did 3 weeks ago. I am hoping I'm retaining a lot of water and when I weigh myself again in a day or two it will be gone.
I finally got back to sleep shortly after 8 and forced myself to get out of bed at 11.
I'm making something I like for dinner, but I know no one else wants it, so that takes away some of the pleasure, but I don't have the makings for something else in the house.
I still feel lousy. I guess I shouldn't waste a lousy day and may as well go back to finish inventory.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:29 PM

I noticed this morning that I got a little sunburned from being out yesterday. I'd like to get tan but not burned and it happens so fast down here.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:47 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,658,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
For sure. No bad dogs really..just some bad owners. Actually though, I find many people's dogs are better behaved than their children...
. Dogs can only be as good as their owners.

That said there are no noise ordinances here, a neighbor has her schnauzers going nuts every weekend at 5:30 A.M waking every dog, and person in the neighborhood.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:46 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,015,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I'm wondering where these people got their animals. God forbid they purchased from a pet store or some backyard breeder. In that case there is a very good chance they would get one that is a little off the mark. It's all about profit for these people, inbreeding happens a lot and can make the dog more aggressive or just a bundle of nerves. I've had both kinds, strays of course, god knows what they had been through. Maybe these owners that can't contol their dogs aren't spending enough time with them. If you are a stranger to the home, some dogs are very protective of the owner and their turf and will act aggressive to strangers. And thats not entirely a bad thing either.

I had one dog just hated me, it was a stray these people had found and wanted me to take, there were 2 of them. The one was aggressive only toward me, barking and mean. I just couldnt make friends with her. I figure I reminded her of someone that was mean to her, that had to be it. So I took the 1 and the guy of the this group of people kept the other. Made me feel bad as no dog ever acted like that to me. They literally leave their owners trying to come to me at the vet. I think I must have been a dog in a former life. I had a dog that used to run and hide when he my mom visited, she reminded him of someone that had hurt him obviously. He was very frightened and scared when I found him. People, I wish they would be content to pick on someone their own size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics