Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 01:22 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times

Advertisements

I didn't read anything, but looked at the pictures.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:23 PM

824 posts, read 3,601,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas90s View Post
First, it doesn't make the UK a worse place than Eastern Europe.

Second, so far you have proved nothing said in the whole thread.

SO the pictures of crowds arent a proof? If the english are angles transplants why they dont look as a whole like danish people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I didn't read anything, but looked at the pictures.

Did you watch the videos of the start too? do the brits look scandinavian, finnish /northern european to you? or do they look different?

take a look at those pure anglo-saon british men.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
Did you watch the videos of the start too? do the brits look scandinavian, finnish /northern european to you? or do they look different?
Some would definitely pass as Finnish or Swedish, but most looked like typical Brits. I look more how people behave and not how they look. I didn't see anything special in the video. Some were more attractive, some were less, some were blonde, some had black hair, especially with that heavy rain. But they were having fun.

The genetics and ancient immigration trends are somewhat interesting, but I'm not interested in classify anyone based on his/her looks as more or less 'pure'. I don't know my genetic makeup and so doesn't most of Europeans, and it's not a big deal for us. As I said, I focus much more on ones behavior, personality, attitude and opinions.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Some would definitely pass as Finnish or Swedish, but most looked like typical Brits. I look more how people behave and not how they look. I didn't see anything special in the video. Some were more attractive, some were less, some were blonde, some had black hair, especially with that heavy rain. But they were having fun.

The genetics and ancient immigration trends are somewhat interesting, but I'm not interested in classify anyone based on his/her looks as more or less 'pure'. I don't know my genetic makeup and so doesn't most of Europeans, and it's not a big deal for us. As I said, I focus much more on ones behavior, personality, attitude and opinions.
So do you think they behave like finnish / similar to other northern europeans?

Old 08-21-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
So do you think they behave like finnish / similar to other northern europeans?
Yes:

SMJK Marching Oct 11 2008, Part 3 - YouTube

Old 08-21-2013, 09:31 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham12 View Post
It's mostly about culture, lifestyle and national character NOT about hair colour or genetics FFS!!!!

@ saxonwold: I know that you love talking about genetics and "Celtic folklore" with the help of unrelevant "genetic maps" and class photos but those appear to be rather inappropriate and nonsense. At least, you seem to have already visited Europe (you are part-Dutch??) a few times and your speech also isn't inhuman and hateful at all.

@ Traveler86 You are NOT a "Germanic European" but supposedly a South American LATIN of European ancestry. Being a tall and light haired person in a "dark-haired" and "short" majority world region doesn't make you anything better or "Germanic" for that matter!!!!!!

unequals

Germanicblond-haired, blue-eyed, tall, supposed "sharp" features only
Celtic red-haired, black-haired, short, supposed "Brythonic" features only
Latin black and curly hair, short, supposed "Mediterranean" or "Phoenician" features only
Slavic blond hair, high-cheek bones, flat head, supposed "Uralic" or "Mongolic" features only
Jewish black/brown hair, "hook-nosed", eye circles, long feet, supposed "Semitic" features only
British ugly, black-hair/red-hair, drunk, cultureless, primitive, most diverse/mixed people on earth

There are plenty of (dark-) blond Spaniards, French and Italians who are undisputably "Latin"
There are plenty of dark-skinned Latin Americans who are undisputably "Latin"
There are plenty of dark and curly haired Dutch, Germans AND ENGLISH who are undisputably "Germanic"
There are plenty of blond-haired Jews (e.g. from Russia or Poland) who are undisputably "Jewish"
There are plenty of blond-, brown-, black-, red-, grey-haired and plenty of light-, brown-, dark-skinned people who are undisputably "American".

'Nuff said. Thread can be closed down.
Dude, just relax it is only a thread. Yes I love science and genetical, anthropological, because I like facts not just illusions. Yes I'm part Dutch in ancestry and I speak Dutch as well, it 's that simple.

Last edited by saxonwold; 08-21-2013 at 09:43 PM..

Old 08-21-2013, 09:44 PM

Individualism seem to be a characteristic of Northern European culture, due to their love of individual freedom which can be beneficial but at other times detrimental. We see that Great Britain is similar to the Netherlands in terms of individualism.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
SO the pictures of crowds arent a proof? If the english are angles transplants why they dont look as a whole like danish people?

take a look at those pure anglo-saon british men.
You always miss it and you'll always do. Central English populations were found the closest to the ancient Anglo-Saxon people who came from Denmark, over-all half of the Y-Dna of Brits is Germanic in origin. Britain usually varies Anglo-Saxon to Celtic, from east to west. You don't seem to know anything, Anglo-Saxons, Frisians or Ingvaeonics belong to the West Germanic group, while Danish from the Dani tribes who originally lived north of Anglo-Saxon homeland in southern Sweden were part of the Old Norse belongedto the North Germanic group. See the difference now. Norse were even more blonde than Saxons/Frisians.

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-26-2013 at 05:37 AM.. Reason: Personal attacks

Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 PM

This is Miss Wales 2013.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
This is Miss Wales 2013.
My welsh friend claimed only about 5% of welsh women are natural blondes, It seems you know way more than the own welsh people about how their people really look like. And norse arent blonder than saxon/frysians. North-germanic and west-germanic are only a linguistical family groups, not a racial divide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe