Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 11:25 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,426,173 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe that you are such believer of Dieneke. Anyway here is a Dieneke map of Europe with morphs. However genetical studies are a million times more accurate than morphs. Tell your little friend to look at Spain and then the Britain, there's a difference.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:24 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,655,981 times
The Briton in that graphic is more handsome than the Norwegian, Finn, or Estonian. So much for Nordicism...

The Austrian is the most handsome of the entire bunch.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:40 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
I'm gonna post pictures of actors of a very popular Finnish soap opera. Give your thoughts, please. Only natives included.

Moderator cut: image removed

And my favorite for last:

Whoops! Wrong person, I meant her!

Brown-eyed people seem to be overrepresented, but these are all professional actors. Some more, some less skilled. The show is terrible btw, and 2485 episodes has been aired. Actors 5, 7 and 9 don't seem like average joes, but the rest are in my eyes guys and girls who walk past me on the street every day.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 03:36 PM..

Old 08-24-2013, 07:09 AM

20 posts, read 75,961 times
/\

It's better to post statistical studies. Finland has the highest percentage of light eyes of the world (89%).

Can you see this picture?

Again. The British are consistent with the rest of Northern Europe.

Source: European Eye color statistics

Old 08-24-2013, 07:28 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas90s View Post
/\

It's better to post statistical studies. Finland has the highest percentage of light eyes of the world (89%).

I know. We have seen this picture hundreds of times. But with what study is that based on? I can't track it down. A Finnish tabloid snapped up that fact or "fact", but they mentioned no source.

I wanted to test something new, hence the pictures.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:49 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,019,640 times
For god sake this thread seriously needs locking, 'or how about a new rule? Only the British are allowed to post - because they at least can see with their own eyes EVERY day how 'Britain's look'. Rather than having to listen to the nonsense that's posted on here by everybody who isn't British yet who somehow seem to think of themselves as some kind of experts when it comes to this so called (non existent) 'British' look!!

Old 08-24-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Do they have one of those for the Irish? I'd be interested in seeing one. A link would be great.
No, since according to the Genographic Project, Irish would anyway be closest to that of the U.K. However this year, they're in Ireland and studying the Irish population on other genetical aspects. Enda Kenny seem to belong to I1 halogroup which most likely ties him to an earlier Scandinavian invasion into the British Isles during the Bronze Age or Norwegian Viking invasions into Ireland and northern Britain.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
For god sake this thread seriously needs locking, 'or how about a new rule? Only the British are allowed to post - because they at least can see with their own eyes EVERY day how 'Britain's look'. Rather than having to listen to the nonsense that's posted on here by everybody who isn't British yet who somehow seem to think of themselves as some kind of experts when it comes to this so called (non existent) 'British' look!!
Genetics go deeper than what the eye can see or just a'British' look. I didn't post only things concerning British people, but Europeans in general and any person of European ancestry. No matter where they live in Europe. With the Genographic Project, anyone on the planet can also see where their ancestors came from. We know the last time you used your eyes, Britain was lying south of Germany. You seem to get upset, when reality is put in front of your eyes. There's nothing wrong if you want to be French or Spanish, but facts are facts. If you're a dark-haired British person that doesn't make you a Spaniard/Iberian or an Italian, that facts, now you can your own opinion.British people are all over the world, in Europe, America, Australia,etc... [/quote]

Old 08-24-2013, 11:52 AM

Many Americans in Utah have English ancestry like this family.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas90s View Post
/\

True Finland has the highest frequency of light eyes in the world, the map below is even more precise. Shows percentages of the distribution brown and blue-eyed people in European population, but not other light eye colors. Scandinavia again comes on top. To read it, it goes brown eyes frequency/blue eyes frequency. The British again are consistent with neighboring Northern European nations. I don't know why people are getting a fit, when they say British are just regular Northern Europeans nothing special, even lighter than Belgium and obviously France.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.