Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 07:41 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,432,149 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I know you Traveller 86, with your cherry-pickings of dark British people, These are Belgians by excellence. I love Belgium by the way, especially Antwerpen, Brugges, Turnhout.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:57 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,432,149 times
Do you even know the Belgian guy Joren Six.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 PM

20 posts, read 75,980 times
I agree that generalize the English people as the same group of Scandinavian and Dutch is an error. But Traveller commits some mistakes due to his hatred of the British. Natural blond hair are very recessive. Even in the Nordic countries, if you look at most of the actresses, you will see that blondes are false or people who cleared the hair somehow.

Thus, even though the Germanic tribes were in majority in Britain during the centuries of invasion, and considering they were mostly blond, there is no guarantee that your genes will prevail over time.

Don Caballero exaggerate much by saying that people who could pass as Scandinavians or Germans are 1% of the population.

See this white canadian actor of Welsh ancestry (David Paetkau). I think he could go anywhere in Northern Europe without being noticed.

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/ld/...au_2943122.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-25-2013 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation

Old 08-23-2013, 09:10 PM

824 posts, read 3,603,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Do you even know the Belgian guy Joren Six.

He looks more french (northern french) rather than british.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas90s View Post
I agree that generalize the English people as the same group of Scandinavian and Dutch is an error. But Traveller commits some mistakes due to his hatred of the British. Natural blond hair are very recessive. Even in the Nordic countries, if you look at most of the actresses, you will see that blondes are false or people who cleared the hair somehow.

Thus, even though the Germanic tribes were in majority in Britain during the centuries of invasion, and considering they were mostly blond, there is no guarantee that your genes will prevail over time.

Don Caballero exaggerate much by saying that people who could pass as Scandinavians or Germans are 1% of the population.

See this white canadian actor of Welsh ancestry (David Paetkau). I think he could go anywhere in Northern Europe without being noticed.

I dont exaggerate I consider British people both western european and Northern european, I never said they were southern european. I just claimed they had more often than not that ancient substrata (ancient british bloodlines) being more dominant or not depending in what part of the Isles they are from, BUt its almost always present.

And then If scandinavians are not really that blonde, or most grown up are not, how come there are so many blondes in this picture?

http://nimg.sulekha.com/entertainmen...-2-7-10-39.jpg

http://static1.demotix.com/sites/def...rk_2237786.jpg

Easily 80% of danes are fair haired (lightbrown to lightbrlond or redhead)

Norway and Sweden are more diverse in hair color, due to being larger european countries, and also in the central and specially northern areas its quite true. Probably a swedish areas in deep south such a skane will be pretty much like denmark.

Also Many women in Northern europe, (Specially scandinavia and finland) dye their hair darker, much darker than their natural hair shade.

And also its not about blonde hair, many british people (without the need of looking southern european) have different facial structures/body types than other northern europeans, such as wayne rooney, or the gallagher brothers, etc. Most brits have something that you can tell them apart from being from the british Isles. The same as people can tell apart eastern slavics for some reason.

There are brits who individually can blend easily in other northern european countries, but as a whole group its almost always a give away.

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-25-2013 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation

Old 08-23-2013, 09:22 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,471,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
He looks more french (northern french) rather than british.
You've claimed that the British look like Northern French. Make up your mind. I've followed these threads since I've started on this forum and you've made a lot of contradictory posts. I haven't forgotten that you said your Great Grandmother was Irish which I don't believe because you don't know very little about them.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:24 PM

30 posts, read 61,240 times
Lots of British people would blend in anywhere in northern Europe. As pictures tell a thousand words, here are a few examples of some famous British people you may have heard of stateside:

Charlie Hunnam - famous for starring in 'Sons Of Anarchy'

Kevin McKidd - fellow Scotsman, could easily pass as Scandinavian and most likely has very distant Norse roots:

Sean Bean

Anglo-Saxon metal band, Forefather

Gemma Atkinson

Will Hughes, Derby County wonderkid
Moderator cut: image removed

Ok, enough. This isn't helping my insomnia!!!

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 03:35 PM..

Old 08-23-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
You've claimed that the British look like Northern French. Make up your mind. I've followed these threads since I've started on this forum and you've made a lot of contradictory posts. I haven't forgotten that you said your Great Grandmother was Irish which I don't believe because you don't know very little about them.

I havent. I said British are almost undishtingable from Irish, but If there is someone to look somewhat similar to them in continental europe its the Northern French, But however the overlap and similarities between them is hardly uncanny, unlike the british and the Irish. There are many brits like bruce dickenson who could pass for everyday northernfrench men but on the other hand there are types which you wont find in Northern france (or very rarely), and northern french types who wouldnt be found in Britain.

For example wayne rooney, I dont think he could pass for anything but British/Irish.

On the other hand , Arsene Wegner could pass for a Brit:

My point to contrast northern-french with brits was the fact to find the most similar groups as a whole to british people, which doesnt mean they are close to being uncanny, not in the degree of resemblance between the Irish and British populations as a whole, not even close.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Superstar View Post
Lots of British people would blend in anywhere in northern Europe. As pictures tell a thousand words, here are a few examples of some famous British people you may have heard of stateside:
Yes but I told you its often as Individual basis, when you see a group of brits its almost always a giveaway in the rest of northern europe, specially among the Scandinavians and Dutch people, who are much more homogeneous looking and blonder/taller as a whole.

Gemma Atkinson looks quite british, I beg to disagree with you..

And sean Bean for a reason stick me as germanic influenced looking englishman, nonetheless englishman, he doesnt look danish, dutch or whatever.

Example, ANother germanic influenced American actor of British Ancestry:

Do you see the trend? I bet they are Germanic/scandinavian mix with some ancient British Cromagnid Input, which makes it look a distinctive British Isles Variation.

Both types could be the result of the mix of this dude:

Predominant ancient british type

with this:

Germanic looking danish men.

What do you think about this?

When you see it like that you can notice that even those fair haired brits have still a lot of ancient british ancestry.

Last edited by Traveler86; 08-23-2013 at 09:39 PM..

Old 08-23-2013, 09:32 PM

30 posts, read 61,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
Yes but I told you its often as Individual basis, when you see a group of brits its almost always a giveaway in the rest of northern europe, specially among the Scandinavians and Dutch people, who are much more homogeneous looking and blonder/taller as a whole.
Not at all. I travel to Rotterdam several times a year. I see no difference at all from what I would see in an average British city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.