Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 12:20 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,041,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Genetics go deeper than what the eye can see or just a'British' look. I didn't post only things concerning British people, but Europeans in general and any person of European ancestry. No matter where they live in Europe. With the Genographic Project, anyone on the planet can also see where their ancestors came from. We know the last time you used your eyes, Britain was lying south of Germany. You seem to get upset, when reality is put in front of your eyes. There's nothing wrong if you want to be French or Spanish, but facts are facts. If you're a dark-haired British person that doesn't make you a Spaniard/Iberian or an Italian, that facts, now you can your own opinion.British people are all over the world, in Europe, America, Australia,etc...
[/quote]

For the LAST time I did NOT say 'Britain lies south of Germany!!!' If you are so sure I did then please SHOW me where I said this! Now listen for once - I DO not think of myself as Spanish! Again if you seem to think otherwise then SHOW me where I said this!! Stop making things up, now I tell you again Britain's are NOT Anglo Saxon, Britain's are NOT Celtic, Britain's are NOT Iberian, Britain's are NOT Roman, Britain's are NOT Scandinavian - Britain's ARE a diverse mix of ALL European AND more recently the whole worlds people. Because of this Britain's are NOT all blonde, Britain's are NOT all brunette, there ARE however a lot more 'brunettes than blondes. Britain's do NOT all have blue eyes, Britain's do NOT all have brown eyes, Britain's are NOT all white though a majority are, above all else Britain's do NOT have a 'look', posting random pictures of a tiny tiny amount of Britain's is going to prove nothing, you and Traveller could argue for 30 years and not get to an answer of the Britain's make-up because there is NO definitive answer - There is no ethnicity called 'British'.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:36 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,445,522 times
For the LAST time I did NOT say 'Britain lies south of Germany!!!' If you are so sure I did then please SHOW me where I said this! Now listen for once - I DO not think of myself as Spanish! Again if you seem to think otherwise then SHOW me where I said this!! Stop making things up, now I tell you again Britain's are NOT Anglo Saxon, Britain's are NOT Celtic, Britain's are NOT Iberian, Britain's are NOT Roman, Britain's are NOT Scandinavian - Britain's ARE a diverse mix of ALL European AND more recently the whole worlds people. Because of this Britain's are NOT all blonde, Britain's are NOT all brunette, there ARE however a lot more 'brunettes than blondes. Britain's do NOT all have blue eyes, Britain's do NOT all have brown eyes, Britain's are NOT all white though a majority are, above all else Britain's do NOT have a 'look', posting random pictures of a tiny tiny amount of Britain's is going to prove nothing, you and Traveller could argue for 30 years and not get to an answer of the Britain's make-up because there is NO definitive answer - There is no ethnicity called 'British'.[/quote]

Yeah you're definitely out of context. Britain is not only country to have people from all over the world to be there present. Go to the Netherlands, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Leyden are just full of foreigners. I'm referring to indigenous White Britons. There is no country in the world, where every one has blue eyes either. I never said that there are more blondes then brunettes in Britain, the only countries where that might be a fact is in Finland and Sweden, even there I don't believe it is. Genetical go further than posting your talk and traveler 86's lies. Wake-up, the indigenous British are Northern Europeans, this doesn't include recent immigrants who might come from everywhere. There are African immigrants who are now citizens of Iceland, does that mean Icelanders originally came from Africa. Of course not, the same goes for Britain which has received immigrants from other parts of the world, especially the Commonwealth. That doesn't mean original Britons came from West Indies, Asia,etc... think it's not that hard.
[/quote]

Last edited by saxonwold; 08-24-2013 at 01:57 PM..

Old 08-24-2013, 01:51 PM

Cavalli Sforza's 'History and Geography of Human Genes' divides European Caucasoids into three main groups, N,C, and S. Northern, Central and Southern European.

Proof that the Anglo-Saxon invasion did have impact on the British population shows that the English cluster closer to the Danish and Dutch in this genetical distance study by C.Sforza. We see the Irish and Scottish cluster together, easy to understand.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:38 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,041,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
For the LAST time I did NOT say 'Britain lies south of Germany!!!' If you are so sure I did then please SHOW me where I said this! Now listen for once - I DO not think of myself as Spanish! Again if you seem to think otherwise then SHOW me where I said this!! Stop making things up, now I tell you again Britain's are NOT Anglo Saxon, Britain's are NOT Celtic, Britain's are NOT Iberian, Britain's are NOT Roman, Britain's are NOT Scandinavian - Britain's ARE a diverse mix of ALL European AND more recently the whole worlds people. Because of this Britain's are NOT all blonde, Britain's are NOT all brunette, there ARE however a lot more 'brunettes than blondes. Britain's do NOT all have blue eyes, Britain's do NOT all have brown eyes, Britain's are NOT all white though a majority are, above all else Britain's do NOT have a 'look', posting random pictures of a tiny tiny amount of Britain's is going to prove nothing, you and Traveller could argue for 30 years and not get to an answer of the Britain's make-up because there is NO definitive answer - There is no ethnicity called 'British'.
Yeah you're definitely out of context. Britain is not only country to have people from all over the world to be there present. Go to the Netherlands, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Leyden are just full of foreigners. I'm referring to indigenous White Britons. There is no country in the world, where every one has blue eyes either. I never said that there are more blondes then brunettes in Britain, the only countries where that might be a fact is in Finland and Sweden, even there I don't believe it is. Genetical go further than posting your talk and traveler 86's lies. Wake-up, the indigenous British are Northern Europeans, this doesn't include recent immigrants who might come from everywhere. There are African immigrants who are now citizens of Iceland, does that mean Icelanders originally came from Africa. Of course not, the same goes for Britain which has received immigrants from other parts of the world, especially the Commonwealth. That doesn't mean original Britons came from West Indies, Asia,etc... think it's not that hard.
[/quote][/quote]

I'm not really even talking about Britain's with African forefathers - I know Britain is in North West Europe but even what we may think of 'indigenous' Britain's are not all Northern European - even ancient Britain's are a mix of Northern, Eastern and Southern European peoples, and each of these migrants have contributed to a very diverse look.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:27 PM

824 posts, read 3,606,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
[/quote]

I'm not really even talking about Britain's with African forefathers - I know Britain is in North West Europe but even what we may think of 'indigenous' Britain's are not all Northern European - even ancient Britain's are a mix of Northern, Eastern and Southern European peoples, and each of these migrants have contributed to a very diverse look.[/quote]

What about denmark?

Certainly the majority in that crowd isnt dark haired or even brown but rather blonde..

http://nimg.sulekha.com/entertainmen...-2-7-10-39.jpg

Crowd in britain:

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-25-2013 at 05:38 PM..

Old 08-24-2013, 07:54 PM

824 posts, read 3,606,369 times
My post was directed to easthome who claimed only finns and or swedes are blonde in their majority. Swedes from skane are predominantly blonde thats for sure, but in northern regions of sweden there is a lot more of variation . Danes are more homogeneous because they dont have uralic/ladogan strains in their populations ( or very rarely) unlike its relatively common in Northern Scandinavian regions.

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-25-2013 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 08-24-2013, 09:18 PM

Within Northern Europe, meaning Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania,Latvia, Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales. There are two forms of extreme depigmentation which happened due to adaptation to cool, northern climates. Remember the first humans who first human groups came to Northern Europe, had to adapt to their new environment. Thus light pigmentation was beneficiary, it came in two different forms of depigmentation in order for production of Vitamin D which very essential for the body.

I. First form of depigmentation is that of a fair skin, blue eyes and blonde hair. This has the highest frequency in Scandinavia, Baltic nations especially in Finland, Sweden and Norway. However not all Scandinavians are so blonde, because blonde hair is a recessive trait, adults will usually darken to a dark blonde/light brown color but at times could be even darker colors. Areas of Europe nearby will also show this form of depigmentation in their populations but usually to lesser degree.

Finnish Norwegian Swedish

II. Second form of depigmentation is that of an even fairer skin that freckles easily, blue/green eyes, red hair. This has the highest frequency in the British Isles, especially in Ireland, Scotland and northern England. It is due to adaptation to a cloudier climate than that of Scandinavian countries such as Sweden. For those who don't understand, red hair is a more recessive trait even more than blonde hair, will usually masks itself behind brown/dark hair a more dominant trait and express itself phenotypically from time to time. This is why, for example the majority of Irish and Scottish people have brown hair. Nevertheless with the progress of science, according to both the BritishDna and the IrishDna, now we know that nearly 40 per cent of Britons and nearly 50 per cent of Irish people are carriers of the red hair gene. Other aspects of carriers of those who carry the red hair gene are a very pale skin which has difficulty for tanning and a lot freckles. This has been observed in studies, where dark-haired British Islanders who still had a skin which doesn't tan or shows or tans with difficulty especially among the Irish and Welsh people. Likewise, countries nearby countries will also show this form of depigmentation, again to a lesser extent.

Irish Scotland

Though both blonde/red hair and blue/green eyes are most frequent in Northern Europe. The Northern European component entitles more than just that, it is also how long has that genetical component has been in that part of Europe. A dark-haired individual might be more Northern European than a fair-haired person as well.

Last edited by saxonwold; 08-24-2013 at 09:34 PM..

Old 08-24-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
My post was directed to easthome who claimed only finns and or swedes are blonde in their majority. Swedes from skane are predominantly blonde thats for sure, but in northern regions of sweden there is a lot more of variation . Danes are more homogeneous because they dont have uralic/ladogan strains in their populations ( or very rarely) unlike its relatively common in Northern Scandinavian regions.
Yep, Danes are more homogeneous in that sense, lack of significant Northeast Asian components but the Northern European component might still be higher with Swedes at the same time. [/quote]

Old 08-24-2013, 10:25 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,476,072 times
I'm not really even talking about Britain's with African forefathers - I know Britain is in North West Europe but even what we may think of 'indigenous' Britain's are not all Northern European - even ancient Britain's are a mix of Northern, Eastern and Southern European peoples, and each of these migrants have contributed to a very diverse look.[/quote]

What about denmark?

Certainly the majority in that crowd isnt dark haired or even brown but rather blonde..

Crowd in britain:

[/quote]

That picture of British is ridiculous. The other crowd pictures are larger and the British one is just focusing on a small group and the majority of them look like family. Anyway what I've said earlier the English don't have to look exactly like Danish or Dutch to have some Anglo-Saxon ancestry.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:07 AM

205 posts, read 520,676 times
Danish don't have anything to do with MOST Brits at all, they are an entirely different crowd. Danish are Scandinavians, most are blonde and they have a close-knit family look.
The concept of "Northern European" is wrong, since the original people in North Europe were just the same people that constitute the majority in Great Britain, Alpines...they are the people living in England and Ireland during the last 8.000 years.
Saxons were invaders, just a drop of water in British genetic pool, more so taking in account that Normans did not like them at all and sent them packing everywhere, in current day Turkey there was a city called New York founded 800 years ago by the Saxons, Normans annihilated them.glgl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe