Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2013, 10:57 PM

824 posts, read 3,603,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Nonsense, Pardillo doesn't even know what Nordic is. The idea of Nordic is too great, because it depends on what we mean by Nordic. He hasn't been around British people more than I have. My family has clearly links with my English side from Lindsey in England O.K. Where do you think I learned to have a passion for rugby, and I played it too in college and amateur level. I got this passion from my English cousins. I've been all over western Europe at least, no need to hear your nonsense. I know much more than you and Pardillo ever will. You only contributed lies and a baggage of emotions. Nothing concrete or scientific. The blondest regions of Europe for your information, since you so ignorant of it, are centtral areas of Norway, Sweden and Finland. Yes Norway has more blondes and at the same time much more red-heads, than Denmark. This is why for some time people erroneously linked red hair in Britain to Norse invaders. However this is still a hot topic, since Ireland, Scotland, Wales and northern England still have a much higher ratio of red-heads than Norway or any Scandinavian country.

So a dark-haired British person is not Nordic, but these Dutchmen which aren't blonde are Nordic, according to you. I am amazed at your agenda.

Jeroen van der Boom

Gerard Joling

A frisian singer Nynke Laverman looks Celtic again, oops.

Janna Eijer, also from Friesland could blend easily in any Anglo-Saxon/English population. The average Anglo-Saxon had brown hair, light eyes and a fair complexion.

Sven Kramer, also an athlete from Friesland.

Frisian female poet Albertina Soepboer

Abe Lenstra, a previous Frisian football player

Andy deWitt
None of them have ancient british features despite their brown hair, you have little talent to tell apart ancient british features from continental ones.

You are reading too much coon, Norway has a lot of brown haired people, but also of course tons of blondes. You have no idea what you are talking about, neither I think you have been all over western europe.

Pardillo sees european tourist everyday, he lives in spain, the favorite holiday place of the brits. So his opinion is much more important than what some british descendants who arrived to the US in 1600 think about that. You again have too much imaginations and skewed view of reality.

Yes those central areas of norway/sweden/finland that were taught by your master peter frost? dude never been to europe hahaha.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:02 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,432,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
What fat american wrote those statics? did he leave alabama or missisipi when he wrote that? Or did he read some fancy anecdote on popular tabloids?

Look at the faces of modern englishmen, and you can see that not many of them are direct descendants of anglosaxons, some are slighty mixed with newcomers , and a bunch of people are nearly pure ancient british. Paul bettany look alikes must be like 5% of the british, if not less.

Many of your "fair haired" brits/aussies, etc look like this:

you can see the ancient brit mix in both of them, despite not being pure ancient brits

rather than this:

People like paul bettany are very uncommon among real englishmen, for every one looking like that there like 100 looking like the beatles or gallagher brothers.

Ryan Gosling, Canadian of mainly English and 1/4 French ancestry, would blend in the Netherlands, Danemark easily.

his Icelandic look-alike who seem much younger.

This Englishman is not 'less Nordic' than Bergkamp

Another Englishman, who looks more Scandinavian/North Germanic but doesn't look like Paul Bettany.

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-25-2013 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Unnecessary

Old 08-22-2013, 11:24 PM

You're so mistaken you don't know anything about British people. As I have said they vary from Germanic to Celtic. Dan Cole is English, and he would easily pass for Danish. He could be called Barbarossa like that German crusader in the Middle Ages.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Pardillo who I bet has been among much more brits that you ever will be surronded in your life already told the Brits dont look nordic as a whole, not even close. There are some brits who might resemble a more northern european look, but most simply dont fit that Idea.

Abusing the bleach a little bit, dont you think so? Those blondes look like the typical American "Blondes".
You're funny everytime a person of British ancestry has blonde hair, they bleach it but someone else of a different ancestry has blonde they didn't bleach it, right. That's called being a little slow, you know.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
You're funny everytime a person of British ancestry has blonde hair, they bleach it but someone else of a different ancestry has blonde they didn't bleach it, right. That's called being a little slow, you know.
No, the guy you posted above is a natural blond, but he is some robust variant from the british Isles rather than a germanic variant.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Yep a fat American would knock you flat out, malnourished European. Please refrain using your rudeness, you are no match for me when it comes to insults, O.K. Let us be wise and be civil and conduct this discussion calmly. I don't want to receive remarks from the moderator .

Ryan Gosling, Canadian of mainly English and 1/4 French ancestry, would blend in the Netherlands, Danemark easily.

his Icelandic look-alike who seem much younger.

This Englishman is not 'less Nordic' than Bergkamp

Another Englishman, who looks more Scandinavian/North Germanic but doesn't look like Paul Bettany.

You are posting people who belong to the 5% of very nordic/germanic looking brits, most brits dont look like that.

The majority of brits look like those guys:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_F5IUHmn78B...Club+Photo.jpg

Those looks are very common in britain:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_F5IUHmn78B...ttish+Guys.jpg

Random Englishmen going out:

http://piximus.net/media/7222/englis...o-party-23.jpg

Welsh Girls

Welsh team

Welsh women.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image..._rugbyfans.jpg

Supporters

ANglosaxon from england

angles, saxons and jutes with sad faces because of defeat..

more saxons

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...00_634x318.jpg

Typical english woman who skiped the bleach:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...05_306x423.jpg

This english viking really wiped out the natives back in the time....

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...54_306x423.jpg

Super english vikings soooo different than their native british neighbours of wales and scotland..

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...23_634x331.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...43_634x404.jpg

more saxons..

scandinavians living in the isles..

Welsh women

http://indulgy.net/pD/x2/d7/20934708...52vBHgwYAc.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-25-2013 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation

Old 08-23-2013, 02:13 AM

205 posts, read 520,437 times
Traveler

My uncle married a Swedish girl many years ago, strangely, my uncle looks more like the steorotypical Swede than her. She has strange brown-black hair, somehow slanted eyes and strange cheekbones. A lot of Swedes are like that. There are about five to six Swedish girls that married locals, and they are have those slightly slanted eyes and cheekbones, they get real tanned.

There was a discussion in a Spanish talk show about the myth of the Swedish girls, some people said that most of them were blonde and others say that they weren't. The Swedish ambassador called and said that blondes were a minority.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:25 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
besides janick gers who look germanic, the rest dont really look germanic, In fact adrian smith bleached his hair blonde after 82's number of the beast tour, same for nicko mcbrien after the powerlave 84 tour.

Most of them look mostly ancient british, except janick gers.
Bruce doesn't look Germanic? What does he look like then?

Old 08-23-2013, 02:28 AM

205 posts, read 520,437 times
Yes, those pics represent typical Brits, but you can find both extremes. For example, some time ago we had a table of about 12 people and I thought they were Spanish on a Bachelor Party, I asked them and they told me they were Welsh and Irish. They looked so Spanish that I asked them if they had Spanish ancestry, and no, they were entirely Welsh and Irish.

I also have some clients from Kent that speak very good English, they could pass for Danish.

But in general, most are like those pics you posted.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:29 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
What do these guys look like, Dr. Traveler?

Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Comin' - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe