Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2013, 07:47 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
I have answered it, can't you scroll the page a little up?
OK, so you're saying that because some of the invaders formed a ruling class, they influenced the language? Do you happen to have any articles you can refer us to about that? I don't buy it entirely, because the first group of Frisians arrived around 250 AD, after their coastal lands were flooded and even submerged. They didn't arrive in England as conquerors, but as refugees. I'd like to see an analysis of your theory. And if you look at some of the Frisby-surnamed people (there are plenty in the US, actually, as well as around Leicestershire), they don't look anything like your "brythonic" type.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:50 PM

824 posts, read 3,601,314 times
People like john terry are what the average brits you see everyday, and he look like an ancient british person, not a barbarian saxon/viking/angle who wiped out the natives

I cant post hundred of pictures and videos of british people who look overwhelming ancient british as a group, If It were not the case I would have sticked with single pictures.

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-25-2013 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 08-20-2013, 07:59 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:
Then travel to britain if you dont damn believe. People like john terry are what the average brits you see everyday, and he look like an ancient british person, not a barbarian saxon/viking/angle who wiped out the natives

I cant post hundred of pictures and videos of british people who look overwhelming ancient british as a group, If It were not the case I would have sticked with single pictures.
I don't need to travel to Britain to know what British people look like. Roughly a third of my own DNA is English. My step-father's parents are both from England. I could easily name off a dozen friends of mine who are from England or have a parent from England.

I have however been to The Netherlands and Germany. Neither are as blonde as your make them out to be.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I don't need to travel to Britain to know what British people look like. Roughly a third of my own DNA is English. My step-father's parents are both from England. I could easily name off a dozen friends of mine who are from England or have a parent from England.

I have however been to The Netherlands and Germany. Neither are as blonde as your make them out to be.
I'm not even exclusively speaking about blonde hair, and whether you were in the big cities they are not representative for the population, big cities (the three biggest) in the netherlands are about 50% foreign peoples, and in netherlands its like 30% except for berlin which is higher. Once you move to smaller cities and towns you can notice the real ethnic people, and usually you see way more blondes.

I've never claimed they were all blonde, but definitely considerably blonder and taller than England, Specially the netherlands and Northern germany.

Also the native brythonic features are not only about hair color but also about body types and faces.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I'm not even exclusively speaking about blonde hair, and whether you were in the big cities they are not representative for the population, big cities (the three biggest) in the netherlands are about 50% foreign peoples, and in netherlands its like 30% except for berlin which is higher. Once you move to smaller cities and towns you can notice the real ethnic people, and usually you see way more blondes.

I've never claimed they were all blonde, but definitely considerably blonder and taller than England, Specially the netherlands and Northern germany.

Also the native brythonic features are not only about hair color but also about body types and faces.
I have a g-grandfather from Germany and a g-g-grandfather from Austria. Both of whom were 5'6. I wonder if they would pass for what your delusional opinion of what a German is. Haha.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I have a g-grandfather from Germany and a g-g-grandfather from Austria. Both of whom were 5'6. I wonder if they would pass for what your delusional opinion of what a German is. Haha.
I'm talking about current averages, also you grand grand parent has to be from a very old generation, back then all countries had much shorter averages than nowadays.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about current averages, also you grand grand parent has to be from a very old generation, back then all countries had much shorter averages than nowadays.
Neither of my ancestors were undernourished so that doesn't account for their shortness. It was in their genes. All of their descendants are on the short side. I am actually the tallest male alive on my father's side (German and Czech ancestry) and I am only 5'8. lol. My mother's paternal line is of English and German ancestry and that is the only one where people were tall. My step-father, who's parents are from England, is 6'3!!! So don't go saying that the English are short. lol.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Neither of my ancestors were undernourished so that doesn't account for their shortness. It was in their genes. All of their descendants are on the short side. I am actually the tallest male alive on my father's side (German and Czech ancestry) and I am only 5'8. lol. My mother's paternal line is of English and German ancestry and that is the only one where people were tall. My step-father, who's parents are from England, is 6'3!!! So don't go saying that the English are short. lol.
The english arent short, rather quite average for european standards but pretty much in the end of spectrum for the northern european one.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:29 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times
Quote:
Nothing, Im just revealing the truth that brits are not really anglosaxons, I'm neither claming the brits are southern europeans. As a whole the brits look like what they are, pre-celtic/pre-germanic populations that already inhabitated the british Isles long ago the arrival of modern nordics and germanics from central asia.

There are germanic looking brits, but overall they are a tiny minority of the whole bunch, people like paul bettany, etc So the fact that you show me a person who looks more to the germanic side doesnt change a thing, overall the brits are overhelming of ancient british substrata and it clearly shows in their phenotypes.
Sorry not all Germans and Dutch look like Paul Bettany, many are darker-haired, also darker-complected as well. Actually Famke looks typically British and even Celtic, she has dark eyes as well. You are the joke, biologists, geneticists, anthropologists have proven otherwise. Your opinion is helpless based on your anti-British/Anglosphere people. I have both Dutch and English ancestry, the difference between most English and Dutch is not significant. The Dutch are much closer to the English than they would be to Austrians, Czechs, let alone Russians. All European populations were descended from pre-Celtic and pre-Germanic people, not just the British. So when we have brunettes which are of Dutch/German ancestry, they are Indonesians according to you.

These are Anglo-Saxons similar to the people who came to the British Isles in the 5th and 6th century. Today make up a substantial percentage of the British population, particularly that of England. The average contribution in the male gene pool is 50 per cent. Don't get too excited, I've used celebrities who are typical ones. Not all Anglo-Saxons had light blonde hair and blue eyes, but usually lighter-haired, not necessarily lighter-eyed though than most Celtic groups in Britain.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:41 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times
Quote:
The english arent short, rather quite average for european standards but pretty much in the end of spectrum for the northern european one.

You lack a lot of knowledge, hundred years ago, it was the British, Americans who were taller than the Dutch. This has nothing to do with being Germanic. My height is 6 feet and 5 inches or 195 centimeters , my father is 6 feet and 2 inches or 188 centimeters, we are both above average height of any nation. The tallest man that ever lived as far as we know was an American of English descent Robert Wadlow, the tallest basketball player is English. For you to say the English are at the end of the spectrum, is foolishness. [/quote]

Dutch Actress Carice Van Houten looks Celtic by the way. Oops, I thought all Dutch people were so Germanic.

Last edited by saxonwold; 08-20-2013 at 11:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe