Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:38 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,678,621 times

Advertisements

We need to lighten up..........G-Man was just adding to the fun. We had a debate on the Cheesecake Factory. Funny thing is in the Poconos that name is JUST a Cheesecake store........not a restaurant.
Really, it was me who wondered what everyone was talking about.
Go into our store here, and you won't be havin' dinner. You'll leave with a nice big, delicious cake. ( I'm guessing, I haven't bought one myself as yet)
I think we'd like both Greenvilles Commons and Our own Commons..........truce :<)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 10:01 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,814,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsideguy View Post
when MYRTLE BEACH'S MARKET COMMONS ..surpasses greenvilles magnolia plaza..by a long shot within the next 5yrs..and unless you work for corporate at Cheesecake Factory..you wouldnt know for a fact that we're not getting..plans always change in the retail as u should know..dont hate myrtle beach..appreciate!..
Because Myrtle Beach doesn't have the demographics to support one. A population base of at least 150,000 within 5 miles of the proposed restaurant site is required by the Cheesecake Factory. It won't surpass Magnolia Park. Market Common has a Piggly Wiggly even. We've had PF Changs for years and you guys are just now getting one. I for one don't hate Myrtle Beach. I actually love it but still can't stand the traffic during the summer down there. I will admit i'm jealous you guys got a nice amusement park that I can't wait to visit. I also really like Broadway at the Beach. I go there everytime I visit.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:44 PM

882 posts, read 3,538,998 times
gman..

I'll clue you in to a little secret.. ANY restaurant/business looks at the total $$ spent in an area such as MB to justify the numbers. Population based numbers simply do not work in this market. Speak with anyone in upper level Mgmt. at Cracker Barrel if you don't believe me..

PF Chang is the test for them here.. which makes sense. It, in itself, will be a draw, especially for those up north who are familiar with the name. I fully expect that, withing 24 months, Cheesecake Factory will be open for business in MC.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
gman..

I'll clue you in to a little secret.. ANY restaurant/business looks at the total $$ spent in an area such as MB to justify the numbers. Population based numbers simply do not work in this market. Speak with anyone in upper level Mgmt. at Cracker Barrel if you don't believe me..

PF Chang is the test for them here.. which makes sense. It, in itself, will be a draw, especially for those up north who are familiar with the name. I fully expect that, withing 24 months, Cheesecake Factory will be open for business in MC.
I guarantee you Cheesecake Factory will not be in Myrtle Beach by early 2010. You can thank the economy for that. They have slowed down their expansion plans. Ours won't open now until 2nd quarter 2010.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:16 PM

The Cheesecake Factory :: Locations :.
Here was the new locations that they said will open..........None for Myrtle and I don't see Greenville.
Guess Summering will be stuck with the Pocono Cheesecake Factory, which is only that!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:55 PM

This is for all the Market Common fanactics out there: New Greenville Mall owners explore need for need office space | GreenvilleOnline.com | The Greenville News I want to go to the Poconos.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:43 PM

g-man.........Like I was tellin' ya'........your not going to get the MEALS of grand proportions at the POCONO Cheesecake Factory........
Just a slice of cheesecake, or a whole one, for about $44 bucks!.........
We don't have the "real" one here either. OK then...........wonder which location will get the real thing first? I'm bettin'.......( no, no, I'm not I am sure its not allowed, alright?)

Old 05-03-2008, 12:20 PM

5 posts, read 22,336 times
Hello,

I have been dreaming of living at "The Market Commons" but feel it's out of our price range. We'd appreciate any additional information anyone could offer. Looking for something around $250,000 and none of the literature really adds up to that amount. When I spoke with them, everything was going for much more than the starting at price(s).

I am dreaming of a walkable community though. Things are lovely here in the West Virginia hills, but there's nothing for me to do but enjoy the lovely environment. Feel like we need a change of scenery when I retire next year.

Thanks for any information.

Last edited by beach4me; 05-03-2008 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: was behind on reading the posts... still am a little...I'll get caught up.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:29 AM

10 posts, read 40,748 times
is the magnolia plaza even open yet? i luvya anyway gman..maybe one day greenville will catch up with myrtle beach!...btw horry county has over 200,00 residents..lol..

Old 05-05-2008, 09:36 AM

10 posts, read 40,748 times
hey rrufast..btw appreicate ur posts..have u heard of another market commons opening up? like a part 2? read somewhere that other major retailers were interested in coming to the MC but didnt have the space to occupy..i know other development are gonna happen just havent heard any specifics yet..any input would be great..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area