Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 04:01 PM

2 posts, read 5,422 times

Advertisements

We bought a three story home there last dec. When we bought our place they did have some incentives at that time. Not sure what they are doing now. Most of the new Row Homes have the elevator option. I have it in our place and we love it. Don't use it all the time but sure comes in handy at times.
My wife and i have not moved there yet. We hope to be there on a permanent basis by spring of 2010. But as far as the gost town, when ever we are down there it has been very active. A lot going on. Great place to live.

Hope this helps

Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 05:14 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
I visited this development for the first time ever last week. WOW, I was very impressed with it. Definitely a great looking place. I was wrong about it falling apart and failing. Most if not all the tenant spots looked filled. Had a great meal at King Street Grille and saw Avatar in 3-D at the theater. Very nice.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:32 PM

882 posts, read 3,536,886 times
It's nice to know that now when you speak of the area you actually *know* what you speak of...

Glad you enjoyed it.. but there are several of the shops having a tough time right now. If they can hang on, they will survive. The MB area does need a Market Commons "atmosphere" and there is a niche market that it caters to.

Now- if you'd only have taken this ridiculously cold weather back to the upstate with you...

Old 01-06-2010, 06:38 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I visited this development for the first time ever last week. WOW, I was very impressed with it. Definitely a great looking place. I was wrong about it falling apart and failing. Most if not all the tenant spots looked filled. Had a great meal at King Street Grille and saw Avatar in 3-D at the theater. Very nice.
Gman, we just visited the Market Common this past week. Went to see Avatar in 3-D also, with friends. The Commons itself looks much better then in last January. Many of the parking spaces were full.......and it was a very cold January day. The store areas were pretty much occupied too.
So things look like their getting better all the time for that area.
I understand the skating rink is of some special material......not really ice.
Hummm..........I have to go check that out.
I hope to post some new pictures soon. Especially of the new upcoming boardwalk........Everyone was hoping for one, and now it is in the works.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:23 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
I have had meals at a couple places there recently: Gordon Biersch and King Street Grille. Both were wonderful. I wouldn't want to live in The Market Common, but it sure is a fun place to walk around, shop and spend money! Every time I have been there, it was busy, but not so much that I couldn't find a decent place to park, etc. I was glad to see that the stores seem to be doing well and that people seem to be enjoying the area.

And yes, Summering, that fake ice is a synthetic material that is similar to, but not a whole lot like real ice. Still, people say it is very fun to skate on. I haven't tried it out myself, but have read about it before. They say you get a different feeling in that your skates don't quite "grab" the ice like on a real rink. But hey, it doesn't melt and you can do it year round! Google "synthetic ice" and you can read about it.

Now if they would only invent a soft ice, so that when I fall down it doesn't hurt.......

Old 01-07-2010, 08:33 AM

LOL............That would be nice.
I will google that, because I am fasinated by that "fake ice" now.......
I am thinking it would be great for the areas of skating in New York.......Year round at the Rock Center and Bryant park.....

Old 01-08-2010, 08:46 AM

1,143 posts, read 2,872,764 times
I love Bryant Park!!!! What a cool place to grab a cup of hot chocolate and poke in the little shops.... thanks for bringing to mind a neat thought on a cold winter's day!

Old 01-09-2010, 05:58 PM

Oh tinabean, go to my albums on here and I have some nice shots of the enchanting Bryant Park!

Old 01-09-2010, 08:10 PM

1,143 posts, read 2,872,764 times
Cool Summerling! Thanks for sharing!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:54 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,403 times
Took my daughter to the synthetic ice rink. Honestly, it was nothing like real ice skating but you could get some motion. The rink was only about 20x50 and got a little crowded on weekends. I can't say it was a waste of money since the Red Cross sponsored it & raised $16k, I think, but I wouldn't do it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area