Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:39 PM

13 posts, read 38,598 times

Advertisements

charleston has alot more urban centers then myrtle beach ,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 09:58 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,880,278 times
Quote:
The prices at the stores are too high for a young college age student to afford.
I don't think they are marketing towards the college crowd.... you are right it is pretty expensive for a student. But after you graduate & get a good job you can come back enjoy the perks of being all grown up.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:03 PM

11,712 posts, read 24,830,756 times
MORE pics PLEASE. I need cheesecake.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:35 AM

5 posts, read 22,339 times
Wink Market Commons - Village II

Hello,

Has anyone been to look at the Village II models (if they are available)?
We just received our packet, but it's difficult to tell that much from them.

Also, for anyone who has lived in under 900 square feet, is it something we could enjoy in retirement?

Our current home, with garage, is around 3000 sq feet and we have a large full size outdoor deck with an inground pool and an upper deck outside our family room. The view of the mountains, birds, chipmunks, etc. is great in the spring and summer....

But, I'm feeling we need a big change of life after I retire in June 2009 and don't want to be so isolated.

I'm just wondering if we can adjust. We don't use half our house most of the time anyway--except to store our sons, and deceased junk in. Half our home has become a "junk closet - holding other's belongings and memories". It will take us a year to clean out and prepare our home for sale. There will have to be a lot of letting go, but I think we need to let go, simplify our lives, and live each moment to the fullest.

Comments appreciated.

Thanks, Beach4me

Old 06-02-2008, 06:01 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,687,329 times
That was a very interesting and thought provoking. I understand what you are feeling and where your coming from.
I have already downsized once already. We had a three level home.The first floor was pretty much built by us to be an apartment type area for our daughter. We had a level to ourselves............and the loft area had two additional bedrooms and bath with a large loft/living room.That area became the living area of our middle daughter, and twins, when they were building in Pa.
So we moved to a one level ranch, but a big one indeed. It has many areas and a big family room......the pool.......and way, way, too much acreage for us.
We also found out that we need to be south in the winter time, and so we head to Myrtle Beach too.
I always tell myself that living in less the 1400 sq feet is almost impossible, after being in smaller size models. But, we could go smaller and probably will. It is just difficult to be retired and have so many household chores..........rather then being foot loose and fancy free.
I did see the brick townhomes and they are nice,( if that is the model you speak of) I didn't get inside however. They are now....the ones I am speaking of.......in the action, traffic for the shops, the stores.....going by in front of the park. That is a big change indeed.
Do you want warmer weather? Do you not mind summer traffic? Would a townhome in a golf community be nice for you? There are lots of nice places in Myrtle Beach.............some more secluded then others.
PS someone on here did post the inside of the Market townhomes, with loft area...........try the search tab on top
Many with golf and pools..........try to follow your heart

Old 06-02-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
That was a very interesting and thought provoking.
Really? I had no idea my post was like that. Thanks.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:01 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,687,329 times
G............You are the funny one, always with the oneliners
That thought provoking was for beachforme. Your not looking for a home, your lookin' for Cheesecake.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:24 PM

10 posts, read 40,756 times
Default hey g-man

well at least myrtle beach has a Sephora...the only one in the state..inside a JC Penney concept store which is in Coastal Grand Mall..lol

Old 07-23-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsideguy View Post
well at least myrtle beach has a Sephora...the only one in the state..inside a JC Penney concept store which is in Coastal Grand Mall..lol
We have Whole Foods Market and we did have the only PF Changs in the state until some other city had to come along and end it. Oh and we're finally getting an IMAX this fall.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:33 AM

I'm hearing this development is struggling. The grocery store is having trouble getting customers in the door so they're starting to have huge sales. I'm also hearing the apartments/condos aren't selling very well. Can anybody confirm these reports?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area