Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 05:18 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsideguy View Post
that this is just the beginning of tke urban developments going on the air base...there are gonna be severak more planned throughout the entire base..more retail more restaurants..in the next 4-5 yrs..its gonna be amazing..ive even been told that theyre trying to get a Cheese Steak Factory..and bigger retail names
Question........hummm............have we gone from "Cheesecake Factory" to
"Cheese STEAK Factory"........in our quest to be the best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 11:50 AM

28 posts, read 137,836 times
lol - I don't know.. Cheese steak sounds pretty good to me..

Thanks for the kind words about the house..

For those interested.. you can see a pretty good plan of what the grand scheme is for the old airforce base at: withers (http://robertyoung.org/withers.aspx - broken link) (scroll down to the bottom of the page)

This includes the future Withers Preserve home plots.. a LOT more than some people realise, the Gateway development, the fitness centre and the club houses... all part of a RWO Acquisitions project..

This is going to be at least 8 more years in development depending on market demand.. The Market Common is really just the first stage.. I guess time will tell if it is too much or not!

Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T166ERR View Post
lol - I don't know.. Cheese steak sounds pretty good to me..

Thanks for the kind words about the house..

For those interested.. you can see a pretty good plan of what the grand scheme is for the old airforce base at: withers (http://robertyoung.org/withers.aspx - broken link) (scroll down to the bottom of the page)

This includes the future Withers Preserve home plots.. a LOT more than some people realise, the Gateway development, the fitness centre and the club houses... all part of a RWO Acquisitions project..

This is going to be at least 8 more years in development depending on market demand.. The Market Common is really just the first stage.. I guess time will tell if it is too much or not!
LOLOLOL.......but.........probably the best Cheese Steak would be found in Philly, PA........so......SCarolina won't win on that. I love you anyway, SC.
Yes, those townhomes are placed so nicely.
Actually, I have always lived very, rural..........but, it gets me to thinking about all the nice advantages you will have.
You get to walk right to the park........which is fantastic for the pups or the kids. For adults too.......I liked over looking the lake so I sat for awhile, watching the progress of the area.
You can walk to the supermarket. Wonder if they will allow golf carts or not?
Because you could shop and then just golfcart it home.
Need a shirt or dress........just walk a few minutes for that.
A book you just heard of from TV........hop on over to Barnes and Nobles.
Don't want to cook........Take family to the nearest restaurant.
Geez........this is like having it all. Plus, to top it off........just a couple of minutes to the beach. Right now its a great price, for the location and for all your getting. I see a profit up ahead for your choice. Good for you!!
Well, if I keep it up........they might hire me for promotional work.
I just had no idea the townhomes were done with that upbeat floor plan.
No regular.......same as usual type of plan. That was a great idea.
Great Going, Market Common Planners!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:43 AM

I am sitting here in Pa wondering how the Opening Day went at the Market Common.
I bet it was quite interesting. Can't wait to walk all around there next year. What a fun place to enjoy...........

Old 04-06-2008, 04:48 PM

543 posts, read 2,364,758 times
I visited there today with my aunt and daughter. We loved MC! It gives you the feeling of downtown Charleston without the cobble streets.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:55 PM

That would have been nice huh? cobblestone streets...........
I think they should keep that in mind for one of the areas. It would fit the style so nicely.
I am way too cold right now in Pa, I need to come back already!!!

Old 04-06-2008, 05:35 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,781,279 times
I'm going there on Wed. to the Gordon Biersch Brewery. Has anyone been there yet? How's the parking situation over there?

Old 04-06-2008, 08:05 PM

882 posts, read 3,538,663 times
Rapture-
Several co workers had a 'pre opening' dinner there last week. Said the food was REALLY good.

Parking isn't that bad.. if people would use the parking decks they built. They need more street signage to direct folks to them.. I think there are two decks, if I'm not mistaken...

The wife and I rode thru today, on our way home from lunch. Looked like lots of traffic there.. The new Piggly Wiggly was SLAMMED..

I'm having dinner at PF Chang's one night this week.. without question..

Old 04-06-2008, 10:01 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,807,662 times
Greenville had PF Changs first.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:54 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,781,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
Rapture-
Several co workers had a 'pre opening' dinner there last week. Said the food was REALLY good.

Parking isn't that bad.. if people would use the parking decks they built. They need more street signage to direct folks to them.. I think there are two decks, if I'm not mistaken...

The wife and I rode thru today, on our way home from lunch. Looked like lots of traffic there.. The new Piggly Wiggly was SLAMMED..

I'm having dinner at PF Chang's one night this week.. without question..
Thanks, I'm sure I'll try all of those places at some point. Coming from NJ, I'm used to parking decks everywhere, so that's not a problem. If you read this today, give me a call this week. I wanted to talk to you about something. Today is crazy but the rest of the week should be ok.

Sorry to go off topic guys....

Does anyone know if there's a health food store over there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area