Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:51 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,669,821 times

Advertisements

Here you can see that Piggly Wiggly is almost ready. It is in walkable distance to all the homeowners of the condos and townhomes.
The building that sits a bit on its own is being painted.......a limey green.
Quite the dashing color. But, Myrtle Beach has updated most of the hotels also......and they have very Miami Art Deco colors. Nice and new, and refreshingi.
We were there to see the pergalo being placed on top of the store/condo area.......
Paving was going on at the PWiggly. None of the stores had signage as yet........but that should be coming soon.
Well the China Bistro was certainly looking quite grand. It has such curb appeal. The horse is quite outstanding......I was dying to go up there and touch it, but it was the hard hat area........
If you can imagine that all the mentioned stores will be there.....and the grocery store, the Barnes and Noble........it is certainly going to be the in place to live.
Having the walking areas and bike riding areas is such an asset. Over the bridge is a place ground area for the kids, there is even a picnic spot.
Oh and the little pups you meet along the way.......such a friendly bunch....and their owners too!
Well,.......thats all the pictures I have for now. Enjoy.......
Summering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop5300 View Post
That looks really nice, I can't wait to see this place. This is kinda like the new shopping centers they have built in Ohio--The Greene and the Easton Towne Center.
Thanks Pop.....When done, I think it will be quite fun to go visit........
It is going to be most convenient for the homeowners......Wow, to be able to run out for milk, stop in at Barnes and Noble for a book, and get a tan on the way home...........Plus.......stop for a bite to eat........all with NO CAR.
Coming from a country girl........this sounds quite wonderful.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:29 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,682,584 times
Thanks so much for posting those pics! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful place. Did you see any parking for those of us that will be visiting the shops?

Old 02-28-2008, 09:40 AM

There is a multi level parking garage, that is nestled down the main street. It was in the hard hat area so I couldn't catch a good shot of it. It looks to be quite a few stories.
I think that will be for all the shoppers.......I imagine part for the homeowners to who don't have garages.
Just looked this up.........TWO parking garages and hundreds of open air parking spaces as reported in the Sun News on Feb 23rd........

Last edited by Summering; 02-28-2008 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: words......

Old 02-28-2008, 09:54 AM

Some Market Common information........
There will be rentals located above some of the stores...the apartments are 628 sq ft to 1,350 sq ft, with rates of $675 to $1,695.
As far as the homes all 195 will be ready June 1st.
I know that the Cottages are already occupied, with some still avail. This is nearby...and a short walk to the Commons.
Some of the all brick townhomes, I didn't get on film.........I'll try to get that before I leave.
The pictures in the newspaper of Tommy Bahama Cafe and Emporium look just great.
Looks like some outdoor eating there......how nice.
Pedestrian friendly walkways will be down the median area of Market Common.......
Actually it says there will be two parking garages and hundreds of open air parking spaces. The above informaton taken from reports in the Sun News of Feb 23rd.......
As noted in this paper........half of the 95 townhomes have been already sold, and occupied..........but, they are going to build an additional 650 townhomes!
There will be another 350 carriage style town homes with detached garages around the park.
90 more row homes are scheduled.....
The carriage homes will go from $250 to $360,000.......same for the row homes.
Live and Work townhomes for $345 ro $520,000......All types and kinds of homes.......Very interesting.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Some Market Common information........
There will be rentals located above some of the stores...the apartments are 628 sq ft to 1,350 sq ft, with rates of $675 to $1,695.
As far as the homes all 195 will be ready June 1st.
I know that the Cottages are already occupied, with some still avail. This is nearby...and a short walk to the Commons.
Some of the all brick townhomes, I didn't get on film.........I'll try to get that before I leave.
The pictures in the newspaper of Tommy Bahama Cafe and Emporium look just great.
Looks like some outdoor eating there......how nice.
Pedestrian friendly walkways will be down the median area of Market Common.......
Actually it says there will be two parking garages and hundreds of open air parking spaces. The above informaton taken from reports in the Sun News of Feb 23rd.......
As noted in this paper........half of the 95 townhomes have been already sold, and occupied..........but, they are going to build an additional 650 townhomes!
There will be another 350 carriage style town homes with detached garages around the park.
90 more row homes are scheduled.....
The carriage homes will go from $250 to $360,000.......same for the row homes.
Live and Work townhomes for $345 ro $520,000......All types and kinds of homes.......Very interesting.
I'd like to move this up a bit .......because some people are asking about the Market Common.......alright.......

Old 03-08-2008, 07:10 PM

543 posts, read 2,364,485 times
I remember when there was nothing but empty homes there. That place is growing at such a rapid pace now. It's going to be nice. However, it's also going to be a nightmare with traffic!

Old 03-08-2008, 09:26 PM

135 posts, read 525,908 times
Thumbs up So..when can I move in?

My relatives in MB had mentioned a new development in passing during my last visit, and I'm guessing this is it. It is very impressive and looks to be very well-designed. Don't go making all the Charlestonians a little jealous of you all up there-and that's saying something-, lol.

Last edited by Charleston Class; 03-08-2008 at 09:36 PM..

Old 03-08-2008, 10:22 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times
^^Looks nice. Doesn't compare to this in Greenville though: Magnolia Park, Greenville, South Carolina The part from Regal Cinemas to the left is Magnolia Park. The rest is a separate development called the Plaza Green.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:38 PM

882 posts, read 3,538,299 times
THAT'S IT.. EASTON!!!!!

Pop, Thank you for reminding me. I could not recall the name of the urban mall setup in Columbus, but it was Easton.

I do think that Market Commons will rival Easton to the nth degree, if not more due to proximity to the beach..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area