Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 12:51 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,689,659 times

Advertisements

The shops and restaurants that will be at the Market Common.....
Coming soon.....in April.....at Myrtle Beach.

Ann Taylor
Anthropologie
Bag'n Baggage
Banana Republic
Barnes and Noble
Bath and Body Works
Blue Mer
Booty's Outdoors
Brooks Brothers Country Club
Carlyle and Company
Chicos
Cold Stone Creamery
Coldwater Creek
Copper Penny/Shooz
Divine Prime......Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant.....Grand 14 Cinemas
Handpicked.....izzi-b......jake &Company......Jugo Juice .......Justice....
Orvis.......PF Changs China Bistro....Piggly Wiggly......Planet Beach tan....Pottery Barn.....Roy & Sids...Soma Intimates...Sunglass Hut...The Toy Isle.....Tommy Bahamas Cafe & Emporium......Travinia Italian Kitchen......Ultimate California Pizza.....Victorias Secret...White House...Black Market Williams-Sonoma.....Xtreme Surf and Skateboard Co.......
I think I have them all.......not resp. for errors, or omissions......
Did my best......And to think that all the homes and townhomes owners here can just walk to these places.
Oh the funds I would spend........LOl.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 04:42 PM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,881,951 times
How I wish there would be a Macy's!

Old 02-24-2008, 01:18 PM

24 posts, read 113,875 times
i'm glad they're expanding! thanks for sharing.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
How I wish there would be a Macy's!
I know some people here on CD are looking for Macy's always.......
I miss Boscov's when I am down here.....but, there are a ton of stores that make me happy anyhow. There are different stores this way and I find that refreshing.......Its a fun experience to be in stores that are not found back in Pa. I enjoy that......

Old 02-24-2008, 08:08 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,687,384 times
Are all of these stores opening in April or just a few and the other's will follow? Looks like I need to take a trip up there when it does open.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:35 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,475,584 times
Are they expecting MB to grow a lot in population or where do they plan on finding their work force for all these shops along with the 3,000 for the new Park? (Long sentence, I know) There seem to be several areas of NC and SC that have a high unemployment rate. Do you think that some of those people will be relocating to the MB area?

Old 02-25-2008, 03:59 PM

Well yes, I see a lot of help wanteds on store windows.
WOW, today I went to take pictures at the Market Common.......Workers everywhere.
Piggly Wiggley was getting paved. A pergula was being put on top of one of the corner buildings. Getting placed as we stood there. One separate building to the left of PW was getting painted a lime"ish" green. Whew, it was quite the color.
Most of the condos look quite done from the outside. The townhouses look done. You can see the parking loft garage behind the China Restaurant.....Oh such a cute design on that.......very nice.
As I tried to look down the street......I could see the store fronts all painted, no signs up as yet saying what was what.......
There is a lot of landscaping to be done, paving.....signage.....
Nothing is in any of the stores as yet, but thats to be expected as the dust is flying.
The park across from it is fantastic. We talked with at least three families with their dogs. Dogs of all ages and sizes......and......breeds.
People were riding by on bikes and walking along......it encircles the pretty pond.
Off in the distance was the bridge and a childrens play area. All of that area is done....down to the benches. Very good job......and inviting.
I do have pictures......and......it will take me a bit to get them on here.
I would guess by friday I should have some ready to go for you to see. They are surely busy, on lifts and ladders everywhere. Working like crazy to make that deadline........
It is going to be very interesting.
There is a job expo at the end of the month the 29th I think at the Convention Center.
I am sure it will be to look for workers for this area, amongst other employment needs for the upcoming summer season.
So............Pictures soon..........stop back.........
Lovs Da Beach........Oh yes, they still claim April.....and they are really working hard for it...

Old 02-25-2008, 07:14 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,687,384 times
I can't wait to see the finished project. Looks like a road trip in April for me!!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:03 AM

Ok Folks.......this took some time on the Antiquated Laptop.......Here is Market Commons the end of Feb 08'.
The condos are above the stores......quite nice. There is also townhomes of all brick right in the area. The park is across from the Commons.......
Everyone walks and rides bikes.......lots of pups around too.
Back behind the walk area in the first picture.......if you walked to the end.....you'd come to Barnes and Noble. I have a few more to put on.....
To think that this was only flat land with trees.......and here we have a TOWN.......Really great.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:16 AM

88 posts, read 408,530 times
That looks really nice, I can't wait to see this place. This is kinda like the new shopping centers they have built in Ohio--The Greene and the Easton Towne Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area