Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 01:04 PM

44 posts, read 115,845 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to MB (yes, we have jobs that we will be taking with us) and have been checking into renting a home for a time, get the lay of the land a bit better before we buy. (As a tourist you don't really pay enough attention to specific neighborhoods, etc, to be able to buy right away, IMO) What I'm wondering is - in that area, can you just go to one realtor and see all the rentals, or do different companies show different rentals? Does anyone know? We are leaning toward the Carolina Forest area, since we would probably want to eventually buy in that area and would like our son to stay in the same school system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 01:19 AM

882 posts, read 3,538,824 times
What you will find is that Some Realty Companies have rental departments, some do not. They will all, for the most part, have rentals all over, not just concentrated in one area.

My advice would be to renting a house in the Carolina Forest area.. there are several developments to choose from. Anything from starter homes to custom built million dollar homes. If you're looking and don't have an agent or a specific rental company you're talking to, I can refer you to one if you'd like. If you're interested, feel free to send me a DM and I'll pass along the information.

FOR THE RECORD, I am a licensed agent, however, I am not involved with an agency at this time. I have nothing to gain from a referral, I just like to see people make properly informed decisions and not be pushed into something by an agent who doesn't take the time, or doesn't have the ability to LISTEN and COMPREHEND what you are telling them.. Sadly, there are plenty like that around here..

Old 03-31-2010, 01:07 PM

245 posts, read 956,589 times
rrufast....would you mind sending me a DM with some information on a property management company within the area? My sister & brother-in-law live in N.Myrtle & I've been there several times so I'm slightly familiar with the very basic area. Looking to relocate there with my husband & elderly Mother & our family pooch in the late fall of 2010. I realize this is probably way too early to look at homes to rent but I'd like to get my ducks in a row & have a company to refer to when the time gets close. Thanks!

Old 04-03-2010, 07:39 AM

What my question is, is if I go to a rental agent, will they be showing me EVERY rental available, or just the ones THEY list? For example, if you were BUYING - an agent would show you every house for sale in your area/price range, even if it isn't listed with their company. Do the rentals there work the same way? Or do we need to be dealing with multiple agents to see all the rental listings?

Old 04-03-2010, 01:06 PM

A rental company will only show you the rentals that THEY handle. Sorry, I wasn't clear before..

Old 04-03-2010, 05:46 PM

Thank you!!

Old 04-04-2010, 01:54 PM

Anytime.. best of luck in finding a home and area that best suits you..

Old 04-07-2010, 06:53 PM

78 posts, read 294,519 times
I'm going to be looking for a house rental in June, I want to stay in the Ocean Bay Elementary school zone, I'm familiar with the Farm,but I've seen a few listings for the Arrowhead community and I've never seen that community. Can anyone tell me what that community is like { any kids. just golfers } I'm also familiar with Berkshire forest. Are there any other communitys I can check out.. thanx

Old 04-11-2010, 01:21 PM

The Villages of Arrowhead have a couple different style communities within the main development. It's a nice area, IMO, but the traffic down Burcale Road can be hectic at times with all the development that has taken place in the area over the last several years. Of course, my idea of traffic likely pales in comparison to what you're used to seeing in NJ. My wife is from Cape May and I've spent many months in and around Central and North Jersey. Traffic on 87, 18, the GSP, Turnpike, 287 and teh likes are REAL traffic..

Having said that, the Villages seem to be a relatively quiet area. there is a newer section that was built and marketed by DR Horton as well as an apt complex (Flint Lake) that houses lots of Coastal Carolina Students if I'm not mistaken.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:03 PM

245 posts, read 956,589 times
rrufast can you recommend one or more property management companies? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area