Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2008, 07:27 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,682,160 times

Advertisements

Wow! Awesome pics! I can't wait to see it in person once it opens. Thanks for posting them.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 04:42 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
^^Nobody lives in the Poconos.
Yes they do........and I think they eat a lot of the "Cheesecake Factory"
Cheesecake.......
Hey, maybe that was your Motorcycle I saw riding down 17 then, Uh huh..

Old 03-24-2008, 06:14 PM

882 posts, read 3,538,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvsdabeach View Post
Wow! Awesome pics! I can't wait to see it in person once it opens. Thanks for posting them.
No problem. Glad to do it. I was going to take a few of the park area, lake and ball fields that are literally across the street... just wanted to get a longer ride in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Yes they do........and I think they eat a lot of the "Cheesecake Factory"
Cheesecake.......
Hey, maybe that was your Motorcycle I saw riding down 17 then, Uh huh..
Could have been.. could have been..

Old 03-26-2008, 08:40 PM

5 posts, read 22,334 times
Smile Withers Preserve

Hello,

Thanks for all the pics on Withers Preserve.

We had/have been considering purchasing there, but the prices ended up being out of our league. The price "starting from" were a far cry from what they ended at.

They did say they would be selling some of the cottages in the $200,000+ range, but I think they said they hadn't started on them yet; and figured they'd end up closer to $300,000.

The people in the pictures--are they actually living in Withers Preserve right now?

The place does look like it's going to be a great place to live, and it is exactly everything we wanted to move to and be a part of it.

If anyone finds that the prices are going down, please let us know.

We won't be permanently moving from West Virginia until after June of 2009, but would buy earlier if we could find the right home at a good and reachable price for us.

Sorry, about my inconsistent posts. I have about a hundred passwords for my work and interests and keep losing track of this site when I get bogged down with work.

We're visiting Charleston, SC April 5-13 and would appreciate any advice about things to do in that area also...

The pictures will probably inspire us to make an effort to drive to Myrtle Beach and take a peek and look around at other areas also.

Thanks to all the posts that offer their comments so generously.

I'll be checking regularly the next week.

Looking to leave our beloved mountains for a new home with lots of offerings for variety in life every day.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:22 AM

28 posts, read 137,826 times
I have just moved with my family into the first finished houses at the Market Common and we love it already even though the Downtown area isnt due to open for another week.

Our daughter Caitlyn started at the local daycare yesterday and loves it there.. the staff are so friendly and the kids get very well taken care of..

There are still some great townhouses for sale starting at $250k - my reccommendation is the "Draycot" model as $ per sq ft you definately get the best deal.. unless you NEED 3 beds..

A good friend of mine came to visit and has already put the deposit down on a property there.. even with todays property market being pretty weak, it is likley that prices here will continue to rise. As the MC opens proper and people start visiting the shops and restaurants - the developer is putting a sales office in the downtown area.. and another $30k on the prices of the next build phase.

The houses are very well designed and have a lot more space inside than you would think.. we can fit a F150, the 'stang and harleys in our "2 car" garage (yes I know - I can hear the redneck calls from here!).

We have had the usual teething problems you get with any new build, but Connie (the site manager) has been awsome and had people around the same day to fix all our problems - plug sockets not working, no cold water, blocked laundry room pipes - no big deal.

Have attached a few pics so you can see what the houses look like inside when you move in..
Attached Thumbnails
Market Common...the shops and restaurants-row.jpg   Market Common...the shops and restaurants-breakfast-bar.jpg   Market Common...the shops and restaurants-copy-sitting-room-bit-breakfast-bar.jpg   Market Common...the shops and restaurants-front-door-inside-.jpg  

Old 03-27-2008, 11:36 AM

1,696 posts, read 8,876,121 times
Congratulations! And thank you for the inside peek. I like the brickwork on those homes, it gives it a classy look. Not a bad deal for $250k. Good luck.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:50 PM

10 posts, read 40,744 times
Default dont forget greenville....

that this is just the beginning of tke urban developments going on the air base...there are gonna be severak more planned throughout the entire base..more retail more restaurants..in the next 4-5 yrs..its gonna be amazing..ive even been told that theyre trying to get a Cheese Steak Factory..and bigger retail names

Old 03-31-2008, 04:43 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
^^What's a cheese steak factory? We just got Ruth's Chris: Ruth’s Chris restaurant to open at Crown Plaza hotel to Greenville | GreenvilleOnline.com | The Greenville News Urban developments? Let's see Myrtle Beach top this: Greenberg Farrow or this: Public to get Verdae park | GreenvilleOnline.com | The Greenville News They're all located within one mile of Magnolia Park too.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:10 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,876,121 times
The Sun News has a Market Commons Blog...
The Market Common: A First Look (broken link)

It opens this Thursday & they had a big pullout in Sunday's paper. I just read off the list of shopping etc to my wife & she raised eyebrows with a big smile.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:16 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T166ERR View Post
I have just moved with my family into the first finished houses at the Market Common and we love it already even though the Downtown area isnt due to open for another week.

Our daughter Caitlyn started at the local daycare yesterday and loves it there.. the staff are so friendly and the kids get very well taken care of..

There are still some great townhouses for sale starting at $250k - my reccommendation is the "Draycot" model as $ per sq ft you definately get the best deal.. unless you NEED 3 beds..

A good friend of mine came to visit and has already put the deposit down on a property there.. even with todays property market being pretty weak, it is likley that prices here will continue to rise. As the MC opens proper and people start visiting the shops and restaurants - the developer is putting a sales office in the downtown area.. and another $30k on the prices of the next build phase.

The houses are very well designed and have a lot more space inside than you would think.. we can fit a F150, the 'stang and harleys in our "2 car" garage (yes I know - I can hear the redneck calls from here!).

We have had the usual teething problems you get with any new build, but Connie (the site manager) has been awsome and had people around the same day to fix all our problems - plug sockets not working, no cold water, blocked laundry room pipes - no big deal.

Have attached a few pics so you can see what the houses look like inside when you move in..
So glad you posted those. I missed that section as hubby was driving by toward the Market Common area. What a great looking design. I love the balcony area. The arches are awesome. So then you will be right by the park to walk in. The playground just past the bridge.........and all the stores.
I think it is a great price, and a great location.
Best of luck to you............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area