Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,976 times

Advertisements

Yea, in addition to all those shops....there is also a brand new hair salon called, The Strand Styling Studio. It is a quaint little studio with 3 chairs. the owner came down from a 24oo sq ft salon and spa in the PA area and was looking for something a little more low key. They use Goldwell color and specialize in Color and Cutting. I got my hair cut and colored and loved it. I am so pleased to finally find a salon that has stylists who know what they are doing. If you are looking for a new styist or just want a change, come here and ask for Darci. She was great!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 08:41 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,775,681 times
I don't know if Travinia has been discussed in this thread, I did a search and nothing came up. Has anyone had dinner there yet? How is it? What did you have? Thanks.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:48 PM

215 posts, read 545,000 times
Didn't they have their one year birthday party Saturday?

How did it go?

Any pictures?

David

Old 04-06-2009, 04:09 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Yes, they had a big party on Saturday. Unfortunately it was the day I returned to PA. but, it sure looked like a lot of fun and entertainment.
No I havn't used the restaurants there. But, the movie theater is to die for. All leather seats that recline and kind of rock. So comfortable. The theater is the best.......... I think I have just about tried out all of the local theaters down in the Myrtle area.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:43 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
There is also additional townhomes now. Quite the place to visit. Awesome really........so nicely done.
Walking down the street there is benches, and flowered areas. All the stores look so classy.......
Homeowners must be so happy to have the pond and walking area.
I do like that everything is at your fingertips. I have never had that feeling before........
They did a great job........very proud of them!!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:29 AM

2 posts, read 7,699 times
Default Market Common Rental Info

Seeing that you live there, do you know how someone can get information about renting. I represent franchise businesses and I would love to speak to management and or rental agents and get franchises in those empty spaces that would be very popular and welcomed by the public. Like a mail and packing service, hot dog cafe, Dry cleaners, Protrait studio, upscale conginment personal training institute( dieting and exercising) and more. any feed back or suggestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T166ERR View Post
I live in The Market Commons.

It is pretty mixed depending on what sector you are looking at. The townhomes are selling well still, with about 2/3 owner occupied and 1/3 rented out as long term rentals.. there is only one house on our block that is empty. There have been no discounts on prices and they still sold.

By contrast, the Market Common "Village" condos are doing very VERY badly. but then what would you expect? $250k will get you a nice brick townhome with a yard and detached garage - or you can go accross the street and pay $350k for a one bedroom apartment with less than half the sq ft.

Some of the stores have done really well and the restaurants are doing very well too - you often have to wait up to 45 minutes for a table at places like Gordon Biersch and PF Changs. SOME are doing really badly. The Toy Isle was badly placed and suffered as a result. The Market Common is not designed to be a tourist attraction in the way that Broadway at the Beach is, and stores that aim at that market have not found the customers they need.

Unfortunately, some of the other stores are just a bit too pricey - it isnt that they are "over priced" just that the upmarket product tha they sell are out of the price range for the average Myrtle Beach shopper.

The new Piggly Wiggly is great - fantastic selection and not overpriced.. it may seem that way as there are a lot of higher quility goods which have a higher price - but the basic esentials are the same as you would find in any PW anywhere else.

The Market Common NEEDS a sign/gate at the junctions to 17 business and 17 Bypass. One of the biggest problems is that it is not easy to find and the junction at 17 Bypass is a joke - most people just drive past without realising there is anything there.

It is a beautiful place and all my neighbours and I love it there.. but of course we hope that it continues to expand - and it needs to in order to survive.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:35 AM

2 posts, read 7,699 times
Default Franshise Business Opportunities

I love Market Commons, I would love to live there. I am a franchise broker/consultant and I would love to get well branded franchises in Market Commons that would draw in more people and also accomodate services needed for the residents. I'm in the process of qualifying franchises that I feel are needed and would do well in Market Commons. If anyone has any feed back or suggested I would be grateful

Old 04-11-2009, 11:02 AM

28 posts, read 137,812 times
The details for what you are after are all available on the market common website - link below:

The Market Common Myrtle Beach - Luxury Apartments - Stylish Shopping (http://marketcommonmb.com/contact.html - broken link)

The MC is doing really well at the moment and seems to be defying the economic conditions... another 6 houses sold only this week!

The Spa has been a huge success since it opened and Divine Prime restaurant just recieved a 3 star rating - one of the only two restaurants in Myrtle Beach to recieve that high an award.

The overpriced apartments in The Village have now been scrapped. It looks like Dock Street Communities have bought that land. They have just submitted - and had approved - designs for some really lovely homes to go there instead, starting at $309k.

Work on the park expansion has also begun and the new park road is almost finished.

The new Grill and sports bar opens in a week or so - they have already started hiring staff.

I think your idea of getting in franchises to utilise some of the empty spaces is a really good one.. good luck (I would definately use the dry cleaner!!)

Old 04-22-2009, 09:25 AM

28 posts, read 137,812 times
Just to update on the two new latest editions:

King Street Grille opens on Monday 4th May. ::: The King Street Grille - Premier Sports Bar and Restaurant in Charleston, SC :::

Bobby Chan opens Monday 27th April. Bobby Chan, LLC.

Not so excited about Bobby Chan - another clothes shop selling clothes I wont wear - however the Grille is a very welcome addittion! The MC is looking really nice now as the spring has turned everything green!

Old 05-20-2009, 05:09 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Oops. Don't bite off more than you can chew: Retail mecca Market Common stumbles - Local - The Sun News (http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/907041.html?commentSort=TimeStampAscending&pageNum =1 - broken link) Another one bites the dust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area