Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:49 AM

28 posts, read 137,802 times

Advertisements

Hi G Man, welcome back!

I am sure we all missed your constant negativity.

There is no doubt that the economy is effecting all of us, however one sensationalist article does not change anything. One of the development partners is renegotiating the terms of their loan - taken out when conditions were more favourable and interest rates were higher.

On the other hand, attendance is up 50% so far this summer over last year and while things are not easy for anyone progress is still being made.

Celebrate peoples endeavors and attempts to make a better place to live for themselves, rather than constantly wishing people ill. It is very tasteless behavoir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 05:56 AM

2 posts, read 5,423 times
My wife and i purchased a new rowhome at market commons in Dec of 08. Will be moving there in the spring of 2010. We just love it there.
The building of new homes has slowed down. Hoping that will pik up soon.
So does anyone know what happen to the building of the pool ( sure it is the economy )

Old 07-23-2009, 03:05 PM

1,143 posts, read 2,873,091 times
I really enjoy Market Commons. I was there this past weekend and hit B&N and Anthropologie...just looking, not buying. I was a little worried because Anthropologie's store was scarcely stocked but the manager said she is just waiting on shipments to come in. There is no plan to close that store, thank Heavens. I just LOVE it there....even though I wait until things go on sale and sometimes just snitch their ideas and make some things myself. I really hope MC thrives. I have a vision of Myrtle Beach...not just as nice upscale community living, like MC, but with family friendly and eco tourism, of artist enclaves.....a place for bohemians and retirees.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:07 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,400,582 times
Thumbs up Not the Commons but MMMMmmmmm

You want to talk about Restaurants, but it's not the commons.
Thought I would mention it since I see so many Jersey and NY transplants on this thread.

This place is new called The Italian Village.
Found it by pot luck last week when looking the UPS terminal.

It is right across the street by the overpass on George Bishop Parkway beside what is the now defunt Hard Rock amusement park. I think they call it Freestyle now.

Stopped in on Saturday evening and had the Penne Con Pollo, WOW!

These guys are not your Southern, hey let's open an Italian restaurant guys but full blown Jersey Boys from Newark with 2 cooks direct from Italy through Jersey, the guy is named Paullow or something like that.
The fella who sits you down and the guy behind the bar are older fellows and down right great to talk to, they have to be pushing 70.

The only negative is the smoking at the bar that reaches the dining area, but man the food is good. Been out of Jersey for almost 8 years now in Atlanta and the SE. The best excuse for good Italian here is Ragu pasted on bread called Pizza You cannot beat the good old hole in the wall independent owners. I hope they do well cause it sure is off the beaten path for Myrtle Beach.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:43 PM

540 posts, read 1,678,569 times
I saw Georgia's post about The Italian Village elsewhere and now we're dying to try it. We are both from up north, he from the Philly area, me from Dutchess County, NY. We haven't found any "awesome" Italian food outside of Toffino's, sadly enough! We saw the Village was opening as we visit Habibi's often. Now you've made us HAVE to go! Thanks for the heads up

Old 08-05-2009, 02:21 PM

344 posts, read 726,073 times
Try Pacino's in Garden City. It is the best.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:11 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
I have to note these two place for when we arrive in January.........Thanks!

Old 09-06-2009, 10:30 AM

171 posts, read 272,134 times
There is a similar fancy name mall in Cornelius, NC in the Charlotte metro.You have been there , you have been here.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:36 PM

49 posts, read 211,050 times
has anyone noticed any forclosures in the area

Old 10-11-2009, 12:18 PM

49 posts, read 211,050 times
were thinking about moving into the MP does any know if there are incentives on new units. We like the idea of living above the stores. Not crazy about climbing up and down stairs all day. But may consider it. However mant of the pics I see on line look like this place is a ghost town. Hope someone can update me..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area