Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 198 39.52%
No 254 50.70%
Unsure 49 9.78%
Voters: 501. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 04:02 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,683,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You've argued that there's no such thing and all points of view are equally valid. Which reminds me, I'll be over for your car later. I like it and I think it should be mine.
That's why I said "my view" & "I think"...denoting my opinion.
As opposed to objective declarations.

If you can show me that my car was yours...it was taken from you, that's widely known & you want it back...I'll hand you the keys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
So if I knock you in the head with a 4-iron and take your money, who is anyone to say that is wrong? And it would be wrong for anyone to retaliate against me with force?
That depends...in my view.
If "my money" was yours...it was taken from you, that's widely known & you want it back...and I refuse your retrieval otherwise...it is my opinion that force is reasonable, and it would not be cool if anyone else tried to stop you.

Old 12-05-2022, 04:37 PM

47,071 posts, read 26,170,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
If you can show me that my car was yours...
It's my view it should be mine. And that's as valid as yours. Please fill up the tank.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:00 PM

11,157 posts, read 29,404,132 times
Putin is learning the hard way when you trespass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnGnX1Zfpko

Last edited by GTOlover; 12-05-2022 at 05:25 PM..

Old 12-05-2022, 05:10 PM

10,372 posts, read 10,741,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Hmmm, US Marines participated in the Hawaiian government overthrow
Yes, 162 U.S. sailors and Marines from the USS Boston landed on Oahu. The American sailors and Marines did not enter the Palace grounds or take over any buildings, and never fired a shot, and there were no casualties. The deposed Queen was kept in ʻIolani Palace under house arrest. So it not an exactly a military insurrection.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:20 PM

2,165 posts, read 1,750,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
As freezing weather approaches, the war will slow down significantly.

It probably won't. Once the ground freezes up good you'll be able to move cross country without getting mired in mud. The Ukrainians have the momentum in this conflict right now and will likely keep pushing so Russia doesn't get a chance to regain footing. Also, it's likely many of the Russian soldiers are ill prepared for bad weather and will be easier to overrun.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:31 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,752,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
As freezing weather approaches, the war will slow down significantly. In the meantime, more Russian invaders killed by drone grenades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttIBUXNwMKA
It doesn't look that way...when the ground freezes their mobile again

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...ent-december-4

Quote:
Ukrainian officials have indicated that Ukrainian forces plan to continue offensive operations over the coming winter to capitalize on recent battlefield successes and prevent Russian forces from regaining the battlefield initiative. Spokesperson of the Ukrainian Armed Forces Eastern Group Serhii Cherevatyi stated on December 4 that frozen ground enables heavy wheeled and tracked vehicles to advance and that Ukrainian forces are preparing such vehicles for winter operations.[1] Cherevatyi also stated that low-quality mobilized recruits and Wagner Group personnel recruited from Russian prisoners are unprepared for combat in the winter.[2] The Ukrainian Ministry of Defense (MoD) stated on November 20 that those who suggest the winter will pause hostilities “likely never sunbathed in January on the southern coast of Crimea,” suggesting that Ukrainian forces intend to continue counteroffensive operations over the coming winter that contribute toward the goal of retaking Crimea.[3] Ukrainian Deputy Defense Minister Volodymyr Havrylov stated on November 18 that Ukrainian forces will continue to fight in the winter because any type of pause will allow Russian forces to reinforce their units and positions.[4] Ukrainian officials’ prior statements on ongoing Ukrainian counteroffensive actions in Kherson Oblast are further evidence that these official statements on winter counteroffensive actions are indicators of continuing counteroffensive operations

Old 12-05-2022, 05:36 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,752,135 times
ISW abbreviated Update

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...ent-december-5

Quote:
Anger over the Russian military’s inability to prevent the Ukrainian strikes on Russian strategic airbases over 280 miles from Ukrainian positions outweighed praise for the latest round of strikes against Ukraine within the Russian milblogger community. Russian milbloggers criticized Russian officials for failing to anticipate and prevent the drone strikes at the Engels-2 and Dyagilevo Air Bases on December 5.[10] Select milbloggers noted that Russian military officials have not adequately protected the airbases, with some suggesting that Russian officials did not adequately defend the bases despite knowing that they were clear targets for Ukrainian strikes.[11] Several prominent Russian milbloggers claimed that Ukrainian sabotage and reconnaissance groups must have launched the strike against the Engels-2 air base from inside Russian territory, asserting either that Ukrainian sabotage and reconnaissance groups are active inside Russia or – if the UAVs were launched from Ukrainian territory – that Moscow is under threat from Ukrainian territory.[12]
https://twitter.com/Alex_Panetta/sta...84559222448140

Quote:
“Ukraine executed its most brazen attack into Russian territory in the nine-month-old war on Monday, targeting two military bases hundreds of miles inside the country, using unmanned drones, according to” Ukrainian and Russian officials

Old 12-05-2022, 06:27 PM

12,452 posts, read 8,251,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
It probably won't. Once the ground freezes up good you'll be able to move cross country without getting mired in mud. The Ukrainians have the momentum in this conflict right now and will likely keep pushing so Russia doesn't get a chance to regain footing. Also, it's likely many of the Russian soldiers are ill prepared for bad weather and will be easier to overrun.
Of course we have to get to the freezing point which would slow operations and then comes the spring thawing. I remember going on the 1986 REFORGER exercise only that winter never got cold enough to freeze the ground and our tanks were sinking in the mud of a field as we were not allowed to move for the fear of the environmental and economic damage that trying to move through the mud would cause

Old 12-05-2022, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
I predict, that they will wait for the real cold...then hit the power plants...including the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant and maybe other reactors.
Kind of a indirect way of nuking them...and cause mass power outages that can't be repaired.
This is gonna get really ugly.
The Russians know...they aren't really fighting the Ukrainians...they are fighting, mainly, the U.S. by proxy.
They will probably get ultra ruthless...to try to make up the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies