Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.80%
No 255 50.50%
Unsure 49 9.70%
Voters: 505. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 06:24 PM

47,091 posts, read 26,210,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I keep wondering why the Ukrainians don't blow up the rail lines supplying Russian soldiers. They clearly have the capability to do so.
That was a hard-learned lesson all the way back during WWII: It's comparatively easy to take a railroad out of operation, but surprisingly difficult to keep it out of operation. And Russia, for all its lack of competence, has very good railroad engineers. Not that surprising for a huge country without money for decent roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Or they expect to be in control of those rail lines soon.
There is that, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2022, 07:18 PM

8,218 posts, read 3,761,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Dude, you can't school me on this topic - I LIVED THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED. THE SERBS WERE THE AGGRESSORS. Numerous members of my family had to flee their homes when the Četniks rolled into town from Serbia, responding to Milošević's call to his brethren to take whatever they wanted in Croatia and slaughter as many as they could. Serbs were collecting the ears and noses of other ethnicities' civilians' slaughtered as evidence of their kills, and they were redeemed by the Serbs like poker chips. Several of my family members and friends were killed mercilessly, countless more were forever maimed and/or traumatized. There are still plenty of people around to remember what happened, and the war crimes and atrocities of the Serb aggressors were quite well documented.

Just like Russia is now the aggressor with Ukraine, attempting to patch together their dystopian Novo-USSR. So it is not really a different topic. You are the one who propped up the comparison, you just didn't realize that it doesn't truly support your side of this debate.

Get over yourself. It was no civil war. Just like you, the Serbs refused to acknowledge that NO ONE wanted to stay under Serbia's jackboot under the guise of "Yugoslavia." Just like the Russians trying to hold together the USSR, NO ONE in the former member states wants to be under Russia's jackboot. Funny when there is an exploitative relationship, the ones being exploited don't want to be "brothers." I'm not even going to get started on the times of Tito's rule.

Russia and Serbia can both get bent as far as I'm concerned.
First off, I'm sorry for your loss. I wish those wars never happened.

Second, did I ever say anything good about Milosevic?

Third, war crimes were committed on all sides. Hague indictments prove that. Including the very recent ones of the "freedom fighters".

Fourth, Tito was Croatian/Slovenian. He was a dictator obviously. I still acknowledge his huge contribution in the defeat of Nazi Germany. His partisans were the most successful resistance movement. The only one able to hold territory.

Old 12-06-2022, 08:00 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,757,521 times
ISW Update 12/6/22

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...ent-december-6

Quote:
Dec 6, 2022 - Press ISW

The Kremlin directly responded to Russian rumors of a second wave of mobilization in an apparent effort to manage growing societal concern and recentralize information about the war with the Russian government and its authorized outlets. Kremlin Press Secretary Dmitry Peskov on December 6 urged Russians to rely on communications from the Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD) and the president and to ignore the “provocative messages” published on social media platforms such as Telegram regarding a second wave of mobilization. Peskov’s statement is likely aimed at discrediting the growing influence of both Russian opposition and pro-war Telegram channels that have been consistently reporting on indicators of the Kremlin’s intention to resume mobilization in 2023. Russian President Vladimir Putin is also increasing measures to prevent mobilized men and their families from complaining about mobilization problems. Putin, for example, signed a law banning rallies in government buildings, universities, schools, hospitals, ports, train stations, churches, and airports—likely to suppress riots and protests among mobilized men and their families.

Old 12-06-2022, 11:23 PM

8,986 posts, read 11,868,989 times
Another attack at a Russian military target occurred. The dictator Putin called it an act of terrorism. Russia has been attacking civilian targets in Ukraine for months. Ukraine allegedly attacked a few military targets in Russia.

Who is the terrorist here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGPlA0et_Yc

Old 12-07-2022, 01:40 AM

12,723 posts, read 7,643,978 times
Right? Russia invades, starts getting their asses kicked so starts spamming civilian infrastructure hoping to break their will.

Ukraine responds hitting a runway in Russia that has bombers with cruise missiles waiting to sortie... OMG terrorism!

Old 12-07-2022, 09:07 AM

Good

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1600470652363866113

Old 12-07-2022, 10:43 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,561,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
There could be no other choice. This was an excellent call, I may actually go out and get a copy.

Old 12-07-2022, 03:45 PM

War Criminal Igor Girken...telling it like it is....he's obviously working some angle....but he does put a spotlight on reality in Ukraine

https://www.criticalthreats.org/anal...ent-december-6

Quote:
Igor Girkin, a former Russian militant commander and prominent critical voice in the Russian milblogger information space, returned to Telegram following a nearly two-month stint in Ukraine and used his return to offer a vitriolic first-hand account of the situation on the frontlines. Girkin posted on Telegram on December 6 to speak on his experiences in Ukraine for the first time since he announced he was leaving to join the Russian army to fight in Ukraine in October.[9] Girkin detailed his multiple and unsuccessful efforts to register and join various units and contentious interactions with Russian and Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) commanders and noted that he finally joined a DNR battalion illegally, which allowed him to deploy to the Svatove area in Luhansk Oblast.[10] Girkin concluded that based on his experience on the frontline, it is clear that Russian forces are suffering from a “crisis of strategic planning” due to the fact that troops are relying only on tactical inertia and not cohering around a wider strategic goal.[11] Girkin also noted that the Kremlin will be unsuccessful in igniting protests in Ukraine with its missile campaign against critical energy infrastructure, further noting that winter weather will not stop Ukrainian forces from advancing.

Old 12-07-2022, 03:49 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,694,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Yes, good.
He joins Trump, Putin, both Bush's, Andropov, Nixon, Stalin (twice), and Hitler.

Not "The Spirit of Ukraine"...that's very cool & deserving.

Old 12-07-2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Yes, good.
He joins Trump, Putin, both Bush's, Andropov, Nixon, Stalin (twice), and Hitler.

Not "The Spirit of Ukraine"...that's very cool & deserving.

The Man of the Year award is about having the most impact on global matters. On occasion that "impact" is for the good. Zelensky exposed Russia as being a Paper Tiger and has literally forced nations to reassess their geo-political calculations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies