Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 01:40 PM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
In a way they don't matter but when you are on the wrong side of 185-2, that should tell you something. .........
Doesn't tell me anything.
You're talking about UN delegates. Bureaucrats. I don't even care what the US delegate thinks.
I will not go around holding my finger to the wind in order to determine what I should believe.

FWIW, many of my favorite columnists and journalists are speaking out against granting more money to Ukraine. I disagree with them. I think we should go full balls to the wall enforcing sanctions and providing weapons until Russia is impoverished beyond the possibility of recovery. It will be one giant step toward world peace, as the last two (China and Russia) belligerent superpowers enter into a long period of economic and population decline and then into irrelevance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2022, 02:08 PM

2,156 posts, read 1,465,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You're talking about UN delegates. Bureaucrats. I don't even care what the US delegate thinks.
I will not go around holding my finger to the wind in order to determine what I should believe.

That's fine, when people from around the world believe differently though and are ignored, there can be consequences for this and other issues, so the US should be ready to face them.
Even the US itself is far from unified on the continuing embargo and hostility with Cuba.

Quote:

FWIW, many of my favorite columnists and journalists are speaking out against granting more money to Ukraine. I disagree with them. I think we should go full balls to the wall enforcing sanctions and providing weapons until Russia is impoverished beyond the possibility of recovery. It will be one giant step toward world peace, as the last two (China and Russia) belligerent superpowers enter into a long period of economic and population decline and then into irrelevance.
Well, I'm finding myself agreeing with certain right-wing politicians I hope to see voted out someday.

I think the last part of this paragraph is more fantasy.
China and Russia may outlast us for all we know.

Old 12-22-2022, 02:13 PM

8,218 posts, read 3,771,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Ukraine has an ally in Bakhmut. Wanted by the Putin Regime, Chechen jihadis side with Ukraine. If Ukraine prevails, they hope to take back their country Chechnya from Putin. They strap explosives to themselves so they won't be captured alive.

They say, "Russian troops are good at killing civilians. Here we slaughter them like cattles."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hND3DPX3sNU
I suggest you read up on operation Cyclone and everything that followed. Some people never learn.

Old 12-22-2022, 03:38 PM

5,308 posts, read 3,882,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
And Putin has been getting his tail whipped since March. So he should just pull out and concede.

Sure he has. What are you watching besides Denys? You do know what winning and losing mean don't you?

Old 12-22-2022, 04:11 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,761,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Sure he has. What are you watching besides Denys? You do know what winning and losing mean don't you?
Wrong....it ain't just Deny.....some of the most highly qualified military analyst can see the obvious.

Old 12-22-2022, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Yes, I'm 100% sure it doesn't tell YOU anything. Of course that's not the case for most people when they see that the only two countries voting against are US and Israel.

Old 12-22-2022, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
About time. A defensive weapon which works.
Unlikely that changes anything. Real world performance has been underwhelming to say the least. Seems suitable for protecting limited areas like military bases, not cities. And at a cool $1 billion, we are talking ONE battery.

Old 12-22-2022, 06:43 PM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Sanctions at work:
European sanctions have cut off Russian metallurgists from a key sales market. According to the head of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs Alexander Shokhin more than 30 million tons of steel products can't be sold.
That's not quite their yearly output, but it's pretty close.

In March 2022 Russian oil supplies to Europe through Druzhba pipeline amounted to 1,041 thousand barrels per day. According to the forecast for December 2022 they will drop to 260.
The price, meanwhile, has halved, to around $35.

Can Russia survive?..... Doubtful. The world no longer needs them.

Old 12-22-2022, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Wrong....it ain't just Deny.....some of the most highly qualified military analyst can see the obvious.
Betrayus and the like I am sure. Clueless liars but go on believing if it makes you feel good.

Old 12-22-2022, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Yes, I'm 100% sure it doesn't tell YOU anything. Of course that's not the case for most people when they see that the only two countries voting against are US and Israel.
World peace. Tell that to the half a million dead children the US killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies