Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 03:21 PM

51,741 posts, read 26,059,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
So what is it, if no plumbing?

Now, a quick check with wikipedia shows GDP(PPP) per capita (pre-war numbers) kind of on par with the lowest end in the EU, still though much higher than that of the non-EU members in Eastern Europe, Ukraine included.
Seems even those with indoor plumbing lack washing machines.

Despite the rosy picture painted of Russia compared to Ukraine, Ukrainians are the ones with the washing machines. Russians are the ones stealing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2022, 04:06 PM

8,221 posts, read 3,769,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Seems even those with indoor plumbing lack washing machines.

Despite the rosy picture painted of Russia compared to Ukraine, Ukrainians are the ones with the washing machines. Russians are the ones stealing them.
There is no rosy picture at all, I just stated the dry facts.

Old 11-23-2022, 05:19 PM

51,741 posts, read 26,059,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
There is no rosy picture at all, I just stated the dry facts.
As did I.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 11-23-2022 at 05:41 PM..

Old 11-23-2022, 05:55 PM

12,723 posts, read 7,651,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Biden proposed giving them such weapons
When?

As far as I know USA has never proposed anything of the sort, if anything they started the conflict even more conservative not wanting to deal out HIMARS but eventually softened there. I've never heard of Biden proposing longer range weapons, who did he propose them to?

Old 11-23-2022, 06:17 PM

10,266 posts, read 16,037,003 times
At this point Ukraine IS justified in retaliating into Russia, the way we retaliated into Afghanistan and Iraq after 9-11 and the way Israel retaliates into the Palestinian Territories.

Maybe the Russians will finally tire of their totally unjustified war when missiles start falling on Moscow and St. Petersburg, this will truly bring the war home to them.

Old 11-23-2022, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
At this point Ukraine IS justified in retaliating into Russia, the way we retaliated into Afghanistan and Iraq after 9-11 and the way Israel retaliates into the Palestinian Territories.

Maybe the Russians will finally tire of their totally unjustified war when missiles start falling on Moscow and St. Petersburg, this will truly bring the war home to them.
Lol. How did those two wars end?

There was ZERO justification of the invasion of Iraq. Just lies, and then more lies. Then, 1 million + dead.

Old 11-23-2022, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
As did I.
Fine.

I grew up around a lot of propaganda, so when I see one, I'm going to call it out regardless which side is creating it. Sorry.

P.S. BTW, the AP journalist was terminated due to the irresponsible, zero evidence based call that could had led to WW3. What happened to the Pravda reporters? Or they are exempt?

Old 11-23-2022, 07:55 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,001,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
When?

As far as I know USA has never proposed anything of the sort, if anything they started the conflict even more conservative not wanting to deal out HIMARS but eventually softened there. I've never heard of Biden proposing longer range weapons, who did he propose them to?
He's never led on Ukraine. He's been behind the curve from the beginning and he gets pulled forward by events, by the guys wiggling the joysticks in the Whitehouse and by the DOD. Just because he didn't propose them doesn't mean they aren't already there or won't be there soon. He's not in charge.

Old 11-23-2022, 09:09 PM

8,992 posts, read 11,880,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Saki air base was in Crimea. Not precisely sure of the location of the arms depot. But, I'm with you. Strike Russians in Ukraine, but not in Russia.

51 cruise missiles were shot down by Ukrainian air defense today. 70 cruise missiles were fired by Russian forces.

When the end comes for Russia it will happen very quickly. The war will go along as it is, and then one day there will be an event that changes everything - riots, assassinations, suicides; who knows? But after that Russia will never be the same. It will enter a downhill slide which will last for many years.
Russian bullies only respect power and strength. Ukraine should strike Russian targets wherever they are, even inside Russia. Not being able to do so is like fighting with one hand tied behind their back. If Ukraine does not strike targets inside Russia, then the Russians can just park their artillery and missile launchers right at the border and fire them into Ukraine with impunity.

Your second point about riots and assassinations in Russia does not reflect realities. There are no riots and assassinations to topple dictators in North Korea, Syria, Iran, China, etc. There won't be riots and assassinations to take down Putin either.

Old 11-23-2022, 09:43 PM

12,723 posts, read 7,651,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
He's never led on Ukraine. He's been behind the curve from the beginning and he gets pulled forward by events, by the guys wiggling the joysticks in the Whitehouse and by the DOD. Just because he didn't propose them doesn't mean they aren't already there or won't be there soon. He's not in charge.
Yeah I'm not interested in politically motivated conspiracy theories, I was talking about the notion of Biden proposing longer range weapons. I don't think it happened, it seems he has been lockstep with DoD and State Dept that it isn't wise due to fears of escalation, since the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies