Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2021, 06:32 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
About 40% of Mass residents have gotten at least one dose, and about 24% are fully vaccinated. Hopefully, enthusiasm for *getting* the vaccine will remain high as we work our way through the population. I see that some states are already having attendance at vaccine clinics fall off, and that's likely just an early indicator of what we'll see in all states before long. We clearly need to do more communication and education.

https://www.mass.gov/doc/daily-covid...-2021/download

I noticed that too. Trying to book an appt in MA is a struggle, while other states have tons of openings. It’s kinda telling.

I made the mistake of hoping on social media and reading some national vaccine posts, and it’s alarming. Lots of political based anti-vac sentiment. Calling those who get it sheep. Lots of anger. Lots of “I know three people that died from the vaccine” comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 06:45 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I noticed that too. Trying to book an appt in MA is a struggle, while other states have tons of openings. It’s kinda telling.

I made the mistake of hoping on social media and reading some national vaccine posts, and it’s alarming. Lots of political based anti-vac sentiment. Calling those who get it sheep. Lots of anger. Lots of “I know three people that died from the vaccine” comments.

The Washington Post had an article yesterday in my news feed that a lot of the red states aren't even ordering their full allotment of vaccines from the Federal government. Texas was 700k+ unordered. North Carolia was 300k+ unordered.

I'm a vaccine passport supporter. I'd prefer to live in a state that has a mandatory 2 week quarantine for anyone entering the state without being vaccinated and with a stiff $10k fine with jail time for ignoring the quarantine. You're free to choose to not be vaccinated but don't come here. Vermont already does it that way but without any risk of fines. I'm at the point where I would happily patronize a restaurant that required showing your vaccine certificate. Otherwise, I'm waiting for al fresco dining.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:50 AM

23,558 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:

Probably the same people who for half a year denied that Covid was real, until it happened to them or somebody they know...

Now that they can no longer get away with that, they move on to this. Hopefully that will pass in the same matter. I've already witnessed a few personal examples.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:58 AM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:

It's very unfortunate. But, we can have political leaders from both parties do PSAs, plus sports figures, celebrities, public health officials - anyone who might be able to reach people and sway them. And there are numerous tacks the message can take - safety and efficacy data, relative risks of vaccine vs disease, selfish benefits, community benefits, civic or patriotic duty, etc, and don't just run them once, communicate and communicate and communicate.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:03 AM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:

I've seen people on here say "prayer is the answer".

Old 04-10-2021, 08:15 AM

15,943 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Anybody know for sure mask requirements, recommendations, number of people who can meet.
Say, can a bird club of 20. Masks are a nuisance to deal with bins. If everyone is inoculated, how about car pools with masks on?

Old 04-10-2021, 08:18 AM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times
“Black people and Latinos between the ages of 34 and 44 are three times more likely to be hospitalized compared to white individuals 74 to 85 years of age,”

Source: https://www.browndailyherald.com/202...sidents-color/

Old 04-10-2021, 02:30 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,777,099 times
Should have 3 million with one dose this week. Might be able to get at least one dose into all adults that will take it by the end of the month. Could have it wrapped up by the time the school year ends.

Old 04-11-2021, 06:26 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,317,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
Should have 3 million with one dose this week. Might be able to get at least one dose into all adults that will take it by the end of the month. Could have it wrapped up by the time the school year ends.
There’s a lot of adults who want a dose but can’t get it still. It’s hard to share your optimism when I watch friends get walk-in vaccinations in other states while people here have to play pre-registration and Twitterbot bingo hoping to land an appointment 25 miles away. I even know of a few healthy teens who were able to get it in the Midwest while we’re still in 55+ and high risk phases. I don’t see MA catching up within a month.

Maybe the floodgates burst open soon, but so will the number of people wanting one.

Old 04-11-2021, 06:52 AM

23,558 posts, read 18,661,418 times
NH is now opening to MA residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts