Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2021, 05:24 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I'm not here to debate on being in the office vs being at home.
Your entire posting history says otherwise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2021, 05:31 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Your entire posting history says otherwise
Others have made it a debate when I have voiced my opinion that I enjoy working from home. It's quiet maddening actually as there are many benefits to working from home. Particularly the environmental and cutting down on traffic one. This is something that leadership people should care about. If they don't then this is a poor leadership quality.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:42 PM

7,925 posts, read 7,818,729 times
I don't think offices are technically bad but some places have people bring their own equipment. BYOC. If an employer has everything in the cloud then they can find out who has what access and what login. I've used the Google Suite for awhile so yes I know the last time someone did something as it records what was done. Emails of course could be forwarded. For the love God do not "Reply to All" if it is meant for one. Come on this morning I saw this and they must have sent it out to at least four dozen people....

In other news some other things covid related are kinda ending. The extra $300 for unemployment is until early September. Forget about wfh, some still aren't working period. The restaurant and hotel industry wants to open up but sometimes there's just enough people. At what point is a owner going to say "Because _____________ rather collect UI than show up we don't have a big enough crew to operate five days out of the week"

The foreclosure federal regulation is ending in six weeks
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fed...um-2021-05-05/

If there's no challenge to this and everything ends at the end of June that's going to have an impact in housing certainly.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:55 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
We actually offer a $5k sign-on bonus just to entice people to apply for a Manufacturing job. Hard to actually get people to apply right now.

Old 05-05-2021, 06:20 PM

6,132 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I'm certainly not working more hours when i'm at home vs in the office. All works out to be roughly the same
Can we trade places? My life has been h*** since the WFH started. Much worse. No breaks between meetings, people scheduling stuff during lunch hour, needing to set up meetings just to have conversations...I could go on. Meanwhile our company has not let up on its demands for profitability and productivity. If this is all I had to look forward to for years, I'd probably quit!

Old 05-05-2021, 06:21 PM

2,353 posts, read 1,780,522 times
Under 500 hospitalized now. That's the first time since early November.

Old 05-05-2021, 06:38 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Heard something interesting today.

Friend of the family's daughter is graduating from UVM shortly. As a requirement, anyone who is attending to watch the ceremony needs to be 2 weeks post vaccination, and show proof of that.

Her parents have not gotten their shots yet, so they won't be able to attend.

Old 05-05-2021, 06:58 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Can we trade places? My life has been h*** since the WFH started. Much worse. No breaks between meetings, people scheduling stuff during lunch hour, needing to set up meetings just to have conversations...I could go on. Meanwhile our company has not let up on its demands for profitability and productivity. If this is all I had to look forward to for years, I'd probably quit!
Before the pandemic when you were in the office did you have back to back meetings ? Even when I was in an office full time people complained about having too many meetings so we tried something called no meeting Wednesday. It worked for a bit but then people found the meetings would just get shoved onto any day that wasn't Wednesday. Not sure why people thought the meetings would go away when we moved to remote. The bigger problem seems to be the need to have so many meetings. Like the saying goes, that meeting could have been an email. Not everything can be and some people have more meetings than others but back to back meetings every day seems like an issue or a sign that more people need to be hired.

Old 05-05-2021, 07:41 PM

6,132 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Before the pandemic when you were in the office did you have back to back meetings ? Even when I was in an office full time people complained about having too many meetings so we tried something called no meeting Wednesday. It worked for a bit but then people found the meetings would just get shoved onto any day that wasn't Wednesday. Not sure why people thought the meetings would go away when we moved to remote. The bigger problem seems to be the need to have so many meetings. Like the saying goes, that meeting could have been an email. Not everything can be and some people have more meetings than others but back to back meetings every day seems like an issue or a sign that more people need to be hired.
It definitely didn't seem this bad. I think a big part of the problem is--with so many people remote, there are no spontaneous interactions by which to learn information. So a meeting is called just to gather or exchange information. And it seemed like the transit time to/between meetings forced a bit of a mental break. And for sure, lunchtime was respected by all.

Old 05-06-2021, 04:04 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Heard something interesting today.

Friend of the family's daughter is graduating from UVM shortly. As a requirement, anyone who is attending to watch the ceremony needs to be 2 weeks post vaccination, and show proof of that.

Her parents have not gotten their shots yet, so they won't be able to attend.
That’s Vermont, not UVM. The state has had that quarantine rule since April. If you’re 2 weeks beyond your second vaccination, you don’t need to do the 2 week quarantine. Personally, I wish all states would adopt that policy.

Last edited by GeoffD; 05-06-2021 at 04:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts