Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2022, 04:51 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,778,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It never started.
It sure looked like it, especially in the beginning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 03:59 AM

24,558 posts, read 18,244,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
It sure looked like it, especially in the beginning.
The only rational way to measure is statistically. We’re at just shy of 1 million excess deaths since this started. The CDC has it at 952,707. That’s not debatable and you can’t concoct crazed conspiracy theories about the number. All states have a formal death certificate process and count deaths accurately.

That methodology eliminates counting people who were about to die anyways so it’s undercounting nursing home COVID-19 deaths. 65% of people admitted to a nursing home die within a year.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:32 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Exactly. If anything, excess death statistics indicate that Covid deaths have been underestimated.

I don't get the obsession with this either. Even if you divide the 900K death toll by half (because of overcounting)...does that make it somehow more tolerable?
Yeah, I don't get it. One of the far right misinformation peddlers on the RI forum (no, not "alternative viewpoints", but false information) said something akin to only 900 odd thousand deads, less than 1%, etc.

I'm like, so uh, more American deaths than the Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam combined and yeah, its no big deal!

Insane.

Old 01-14-2022, 07:01 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,092,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, I don't get it. One of the far right misinformation peddlers on the RI forum (no, not "alternative viewpoints", but false information) said something akin to only 900 odd thousand deads, less than 1%, etc.

I'm like, so uh, more American deaths than the Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam combined and yeah, its no big deal!

Insane.
Yes, I stalk the RI forum, and usually don't participate...but that post prompted me to do so also!

Old 01-14-2022, 08:52 AM

3,393 posts, read 1,545,130 times
Default People are outside mayor Wu's house protesting.

Mayor Wu ordered a vaccine mandate for all of Boston. The protestors are out there multiple days starting at 7am. They should start at 5am. They have bullhorns shouting "calling Dr Wu". I hope she gets no sleep. The neighbors are not happy. Even one police officer was protesting.

She took away people's rights and is causing division with the vax mandate so I am ok if she never gets sleep and they are out there every morning she is mayor. They are even waking up her kids..

https://www.boston.com/community/tel...going-too-far/

During her swearing in as mayor they had protestors with sirens and people chanting shame on Wu. You could barely hear the people on the microphone.

How long do all of you think this will go on? I guess they are not breaking any laws.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 01-14-2022 at 09:37 AM..

Old 01-14-2022, 10:20 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,092,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Mayor Wu ordered a vaccine mandate for all of Boston. The protestors are out there multiple days starting at 7am. They should start at 5am. They have bullhorns shouting "calling Dr Wu". I hope she gets no sleep. The neighbors are not happy. Even one police officer was protesting.

She took away people's rights and is causing division with the vax mandate so I am ok if she never gets sleep and they are out there every morning she is mayor. They are even waking up her kids..

During her swearing in as mayor they had protestors with sirens and people chanting shame on Wu. You could barely hear the people on the microphone.

How long do all of you think this will go on? I guess they are not breaking any laws.
Absolutely obnoxious and misinformed behavior. But if they're not violating any laws, and/or threatening Wu & her family (unlike the Michigan protesters), they do have a right to be there. Baker had a steady cadre of misfits outside his residence for the past several months.

Old 01-14-2022, 11:20 AM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
Students in Boston had a walkout this morning:

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2022/01/...rning-protest/

Old 01-14-2022, 02:02 PM

6,807 posts, read 6,036,414 times
Quote:
She took away people's rights
Their right to get other people sick? Next people are going to be complaining about not having their rights to murder respected...

Old 01-14-2022, 03:03 PM

5,100 posts, read 2,661,482 times
Quote:

They should absolutely not be bringing that to her home. But it is interesting to see some of the hypocrisies from those in media who had nothing to say when the last Presidential administration's Cabinet members were being stalked in restaurants and at their homes by threatening mobs. Some of our elected officials even cheered them on if I recall.

Old 01-14-2022, 03:26 PM

3,393 posts, read 1,545,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
They should absolutely not be bringing that to her home. But it is interesting to see some of the hypocrisies from those in media who had nothing to say when the last Presidential administration's Cabinet members were being stalked in restaurants and at their homes by threatening mobs. Some of our elected officials even cheered them on if I recall.
Well when there is tyranny a little protesting is not out of line . Some people might die from the vaccine because of the mandates. If someone wants the vax they are free to take it leave the rest of us alone.

Fighting tyranny must be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts