Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2022, 07:03 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Most sane people, regardless of where they live. We have a whole generation now living, who have never seen an indoor establishment where smoking is allowed, and would hardly believe such a place exists! Nothing for WV to be proud of, if that's true.
It's called freedom maybe if you experienced it you would love it. Though I admit as a none smoker smelling it inside stinks. Around here alot less people smoke versus years ago. Your spending 5000 to 6000 a year if you smoke a pack a day.

I'd just vote for smoking and non smoking sections.

Before I was born I heard you could smoke in the hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2022, 07:13 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
It's called freedom maybe if you experienced it you would love it. Though I admit as a none smoker smelling it inside stinks. Around here alot less people smoke versus years ago. Your spending 5000 to 6000 a year if you smoke a pack a day.

I'd just vote for smoking and non smoking sections.

Before I was born I heard you could smoke in the hospital.
Are you kidding? I'm old enough to have experienced smoking inside in my workplace, and on airplanes. It's not freedom, it's the worst kind of constriction you can feel in your lungs. And the helplessness that you can't do anything about it, since it's a confined space, and they have the "right" to pollute your air.

How about freedom to breathe? Isn't that the most basic?

Old 01-10-2022, 07:20 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Are you kidding? I'm old enough to have experienced smoking inside in my workplace, and on airplanes. It's not freedom, it's the worst kind of constriction you can feel in your lungs. And the helplessness that you can't do anything about it, since it's a confined space, and they have the "right" to pollute your air.

How about freedom to breathe? Isn't that the most basic?
Ya I'd love freedom to breathe in mass then I would not have to wear a mask.

I would not allow smoking in hospitals that's ridiculous

Ya I would not allow smoking on airlines it's too confined a space. It's not that it restricts breathing for the non smoker more so it stinks really bad. It gets on your cloths.

Old 01-11-2022, 05:39 AM

7,927 posts, read 7,820,807 times
Every action has some form of regulations and standards to allow it to exist. Drivers license, pilots license, if you want to work with kids there's probably a form of a background check, working with money and forms of credit might require a credit check. Some standards are for direct safety and some are more of a what if. If it all it takes is one death per x number an actuary will probably determine the insurance coverage.

While we can belittle what has been done there's many small businesses that could not deal with the litigation that a larger firm could do easily.

How far would you want to go if we just let anything go. No drinking age, no driving age, no drug tests, criminal background checks etc. Kids would buy booze, people that cannot see would be driving (one hit me years ago on her way to eye surgery!) felons would buy firearms, drugged people would be doing surgery etc The other day I saw an ENTIRE BUS on fire on the highway. Everyone including the driver got out safely. If a defect caused the bus to go up they can sue or would you not allow that to happen in the name of freedom?

Old 01-11-2022, 07:20 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,196,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer2 View Post
The following are actual quotes from Massachusetts based doctors re. current status. This was posted by Robin Schoenthaler a Boston based oncologist, and family friend. …?
Scary and depressing to read… thank you for posting - we need to know.

Another failure by the scientists and politicians.

I can’t understand the pacifying “Omicron is more infectious but milder” phrase.
What the public doesn’t understand is the answer to the question:

Which virus would kill more people: the more virulent or the more infectious?

The correct answer is: more infectious
Thought we already went through this when Alpha appeared last year- which was more infectious than ancestral virus.
And Delta was worse as it was both: more infectious and more virulent.

The Omicron attack rate is a whopping 74%- according to the real case from Norway

https://www.eurosurveillance.org/con....26.50.2101147

Old 01-11-2022, 08:01 AM

959 posts, read 539,979 times
As I understand Omicron is different as it rarely enters lungs. It "lives" in your nose and upper respiratory area.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:06 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,223,904 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
As I understand Omicron is different as it rarely enters lungs. It "lives" in your nose and upper respiratory area.
Yes when i had it I couldn't taste or smell, had a runny nose but no cough. There was one day where I felt slightly feverish.

Old 01-11-2022, 02:30 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,969 times
Quote:
I did the same, but it doesn’t show my Pfizer shots, as I’ve done it through CVS. Only Immunizations I’ve got in my doctor’s office
I got all of my vaccines through CVS and it showed them all.

Old 01-11-2022, 03:15 PM

12,873 posts, read 22,040,579 times
Quote:
I did the same, but it doesn’t show my Pfizer shots, as I’ve done it through CVS. Only Immunizations I’ve got in my doctor’s office
Did you figure it out yet? My fiancee had the same issue (also Pfizer/CVS), but for some reason her Pfizer came up when she requested verification through her cell phone number rather than email.

Old 01-11-2022, 06:24 PM

15,802 posts, read 20,519,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
I got all of my vaccines through CVS and it showed them all.

Same here. It took 1-2 weeks for the booster to show on my medical records.

One thing that caught my attention. For my records it shows my moderna booster was a "full dose". I thought they were giving half-doses for the booster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts