Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 04:36 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
That's what I suspect too. I don't think people put it on *for* the solo car ride. But if they're in and out of public places, maybe some forget to take it off, or just don't care and leave it on. I have left it on when running errands myself now and then. I prefer the comfort without it, but, it just doesn't bother me that much that I am gasping for air when I exit a public space or anything, so I have occasionally left it on when going from one place to another in town.
Yes, when I'm running errands, in and out, it is just easier to keep the mask on while driving. I don't care what anyone else thinks. They obviously don't understand. Some of us need to continue wearing masks and we have lots of stuff to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 04:56 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yes, when I'm running errands, in and out, it is just easier to keep the mask on while driving. I don't care what anyone else thinks. They obviously don't understand. Some of us need to continue wearing masks and we have lots of stuff to do.
Would be true for Lyft and Uber drivers too. Why keep taking it off and on? Just leave it on. It's not like you even really notice it that much after a little bit.

Old 04-19-2022, 06:36 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
No more masks on the MBTA:

https://www.wcvb.com/article/here-s-...rport/39759030

Maybe they're hoping that will lead to less violence

The MBTA is actually a good place to continue wearing masks at least for the short run even if not required. There are a lot of nasty things you can breathe in down in the underground stations and tunnels and every so often you're standing near a person on a crowded bus or train who doesn't cover their mouth or nose when coughing or sneezing. It's been like this pre-pandemic and it's an easy way to catch all kinds of respiratory viruses. On the last Friday before the pandemic (March 13, 2020), I still remember this extremely inconsiderate individual coughing several times out into the open air as if he deliberately wanted his germs to coat everyone. Now we know better or at least I hope we do. It's not my job to obligate anyone to wear a mask anywhere but I elect to continue wearing one on the T just like I elect to continue wearing a necktie to work.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:04 PM

16,396 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Yeah I’m not sure I follow why the mbta is saying it’s ok to not wear masks now but it seemed like an obvious place where it would be a good place to wear them. Packed in with a bunch of strangers and all.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:09 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Yeah I’m not sure I follow why the mbta is saying it’s ok to not wear masks now but it seemed like an obvious place where it would be a good place to wear them. Packed in with a bunch of strangers and all.
It's that they can't mandate it due to the Federal Court decision that came out of Florida. Same reason Amtrak can't mandate it.

Old 04-20-2022, 04:55 AM

12,866 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Well, just about everyone on the T was still wearing a mask this morning and the “Masks Required” announcements are still playing. I’m sure that’ll change pretty quickly (the Sox game traffic probably looked different yesterday).

Old 04-20-2022, 07:42 AM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Well, just about everyone on the T was still wearing a mask this morning and the “Masks Required” announcements are still playing. I’m sure that’ll change pretty quickly (the Sox game traffic probably looked different yesterday).
Barring some new, dangerous surge, I do think that mask-wearing will fade over time with the mandates gone. I still smile when I think of the political hacks who claimed that if you wore a mask you'd get brain damage. Most of them seem pretty brain-damaged to begin with.

Old 04-20-2022, 08:19 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Barring some new, dangerous surge, I do think that mask-wearing will fade over time with the mandates gone. I still smile when I think of the political hacks who claimed that if you wore a mask you'd get brain damage. Most of them seem pretty brain-damaged to begin with.
Yup--brain damage, developmental disorders, "mask-ne", you name it. And given what's now going on in Ukraine, it's an extreme lack of perspective at best, for those who equate the last 2 yrs to "tyranny" or "abuse".

Old 04-20-2022, 04:57 PM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Yup--brain damage, developmental disorders, "mask-ne", you name it. And given what's now going on in Ukraine, it's an extreme lack of perspective at best, for those who equate the last 2 yrs to "tyranny" or "abuse".
I mean, you can criticize masks and still be factual, say something like "Masks won't prevent all air-borne Covid transmission". Which is fine, but for some people, that isn't dramatic enough. It doesn't make people angry and fearful. So instead we got "Masks are utterly useless for preventing disease, but they can do grave harm!!!"... "Masks are a government plot to condition the people to accepting government instructions. How long can it be before they tell us to make our way to the gas chambers???". The sad thing is, all of that stuff worked, and the crazier it got, the more that people seemed to want to believe it. That's why I only occasionally weigh in here. It's really not worth it to try to argue with the people who want to believe the nonsense - nothing you can say will sway their rock-solid faith in these lies a single millimeter.

Old 04-20-2022, 08:03 PM

4,661 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
I mean, you can criticize masks and still be factual, say something like "Masks won't prevent all air-borne Covid transmission". Which is fine, but for some people, that isn't dramatic enough. It doesn't make people angry and fearful. So instead we got "Masks are utterly useless for preventing disease, but they can do grave harm!!!"... "Masks are a government plot to condition the people to accepting government instructions. How long can it be before they tell us to make our way to the gas chambers???". The sad thing is, all of that stuff worked, and the crazier it got, the more that people seemed to want to believe it. That's why I only occasionally weigh in here. It's really not worth it to try to argue with the people who want to believe the nonsense - nothing you can say will sway their rock-solid faith in these lies a single millimeter.
Are you done?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts