Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2022, 07:27 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
What if they change the definition of a vaccine and they approved it within 8 months instead of 8 to 10 years. Just because a company which has billions in incentives is called false is ridiculous. There is no common cold virus vaccine that has ever worked, but suddenly we did it in a few months...ok.
We don't agree; see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
The vaccines have been the biggest miracle of this pandemic, developed in record time. Yes - they are not perfect; they have literally avoided millions of deaths and hospitalizations around the world already. Go get your shot or booster! Of course we are all (or at least many of us) hoping for even better vaccines that can keep up with this rapidly mutating and by now super infectious virus.
I have my life back. I don't mind if it's monthly. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 08:33 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
We don't agree; see below.

I have my life back. I don't mind if it's monthly. Seriously.
I'm not succeeding at wrapping my head around how someone who bills himself as a "contrarian and free thinker" can say, yeah, I'll take 12 shots a year if they tell me to. I think I need to pour another drink and log off now.

Old 04-05-2022, 08:37 PM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I think I need to pour another drink and log off now.

This is all starting to make sense now...

Old 04-05-2022, 10:32 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I'm not succeeding at wrapping my head around how someone who bills himself as a "contrarian and free thinker" can say, yeah, I'll take 12 shots a year if they tell me to. I think I need to pour another drink and log off now.
I am not doing it because someone tells me to. I would do it because I think it is actually the best thing. The authorities tell me to mask as well and I do so only by virtue of almost main force. I returned to work in the office in June 2020, at a time when it was being discouraged.

I am the last person to obey for the sake of obedience.

Old 04-06-2022, 06:05 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am not doing it because someone tells me to. I would do it because I think it is actually the best thing. The authorities tell me to mask as well and I do so only by virtue of almost main force. I returned to work in the office in June 2020, at a time when it was being discouraged.

I am the last person to obey for the sake of obedience.
Got a stark reminder of how masks & distancing were helping us keep safe from a lot of other crap overall. Caught a bug at the tail end of my UK trip this past weekend. There were zero, I mean no, restrictions anywhere, including at our workplace. Was fearing the worst because of the symptoms, but was lucky to get a negative PCR test the day prior to my return flight. Back in MA today but still feeling crappy!

Old 04-06-2022, 02:07 PM

12,451 posts, read 9,540,640 times
How about the adenovirus vector vaccines for Covid-19 from Astra Zeneca and J&J? Is anyone afraid of those, or just the mRNA vaccines? There is really no reason that the adenovirus vaccines shouldn't be feared as dangerous and as a conspiracy to thin out the world's population, or to inject us with Bill Gates' mind-controlling microchips, or just to give the developing companies revenue - I think those are a few of the more popular conspiracy theories around the mRNA vaccines - there is absolutely no reason not to assert the same things about the adenovirus vaccines. As long as we are being delusional, let's at least be consistently delusional.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 04-06-2022 at 02:33 PM..

Old 04-06-2022, 02:45 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
How about the adenovirus vector vaccines for Covid-19 from Astra Zeneca and J&J? Is anyone afraid of those, or just the mRNA vaccines? There is really no reason that the adenovirus vaccines shouldn't be feared as dangerous and as a conspiracy to thin out the world's population, or to inject us with Bill Gates' mind-controlling microchips, or just to give the developing companies revenue - I think those are a few of the more popular conspiracy theories around the mRNA vaccines - there is absolutely no reason not to assert the same things about the adenovirus vaccines. As long as we are being delusional, let's at least be consistently delusional.
Says the guy who seems to be talking to himself.

Suppose it were pertinent to find out the detailed personal reasoning of the 3% or so of people in Massachusetts that refused the Covid shots. It's not, but suppose it were. How is calling these people "delusional" going to get you the information you're so curious about?

Old 04-06-2022, 05:31 PM

5,116 posts, read 2,672,758 times
It won't. It's just about being delusional that you're intellectually and morally superior to those that disagree with you. And it's what that clown does best on every thread on which he appears. I wonder how many of these incessant covid neurotics have dogs that slobber all over them? https://nypost.com/2022/04/06/your-d...ug-study-says/

Old 04-06-2022, 06:45 PM

12,451 posts, read 9,540,640 times
P.S. And the scariest thing of all is, the adenovirus vaccines are, like the mRNA vaccines, new technology, and the mRNA conspiracy people were very clear in their (totally arbitrary) assertions that you should not trust new vaccines (let alone new vaccine technology) for 10-20 years after they are introduced. I think we need more highly agitated ranting and raving about adenovirous vaccines. Why should mRNA vaccines get all the attention?

P.P.S. And just remember - just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Old 04-07-2022, 01:17 PM

943 posts, read 410,552 times
We suck! Our politicians are going on a 2 week vacation without passing even this tiny covid funding bill. https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...olicy-00023790
In the meantime, free testing is stopping, we are running out of treatments, we are not ordering further therapeutics that are currently in limited supply, and we have not put in orders for potentially updated vaccines for the fall, unlike other developed countries all over the world. When we will no longer have any "tools" to fight the pandemic without masks and lockdowns - what are they going to say then? Are some politicians hoping for a deadly variant in the fall without any vaccines and treatments just to win the elections?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts