Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2022, 11:19 AM

325 posts, read 925,316 times

Advertisements

Springfield drops school masks
https://www.masslive.com/springfield...committee.html

What towns are left that are still muzzlling kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 11:45 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmass View Post
Springfield drops school masks
https://www.masslive.com/springfield...committee.html

What towns are left that are still muzzlling kids?
Can't make people wear masks forever and to me, I'm not sure if schools are as important as when adults go visiting or shopping or attending large gatherings. I hope the teachers can still wear masks if they feel they need to. Kids can probably still wear masks if they need to and some should if there is an elderly person in their home, for instance.

Not talking about one sheet of cloth, I mean a good mask. Studies show that even the two ply cotton masks we were making ourselves way back when, were fairly good, and it gets a lot better if you combine one of those masks with a blue surgical nonwoven mask.

Old 04-04-2022, 08:13 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
What the h*** are you talking about? You're still barking up the "vaccines don't work" disinformation tree?

The vaccines and boosters are working for those who have taken them, including me. They prevent serious illness if you do get infected, and the viral loading is lower among the vaxxed so their chance in turn of spreading it is lower. Inconvenient facts for those who have denied the existence or seriousness of this disease from Day 1.
It works so good you need 4 shots within a year. And the best they can tell you is that it prevents illness. A vaccine used to stop illness, not hypothetically prevent it. What variant does it stop considering there will always be another one?

Old 04-04-2022, 08:21 PM

Quote:
In my view, "free thinking" includes the right to call out disinformation. To say the vaccines don't work, is outright false.
What if they change the definition of a vaccine and they approved it within 8 months instead of 8 to 10 years. Just because a company which has billions in incentives is called false is ridiculous. There is no common cold virus vaccine that has ever worked, but suddenly we did it in a few months...ok.

Old 04-04-2022, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Don't lump me in with the anti-vaxxers. I agree with you on vaccines and boosters; I also agree that the Covid panic is overblown. Isn't there room for a moderate?
Yes, there is degree for debate which I'm always open to. I don't like the fact that if I don't agree with an experimental shot that is different than other vaccine, they just say your anti vaccine. People call somethin a vaccine and then if you disagree they act like you try to kill someone. Not one stupid vaccine, mask, or lockdown measure has stopped a respiratory virus.

Yet nobody vaccinated or otherwise can explain anything other than masks or vaccines stop a virus, when evidence shows they don't. It makes people feel safe but nothing else.

There will always be a new variant just as there is for the flu or any other common cold virus but we don't make a big deal out of it.

Old 04-05-2022, 02:04 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Yes, there is degree for debate which I'm always open to. I don't like the fact that if I don't agree with an experimental shot that is different than other vaccine, they just say your anti vaccine. People call somethin a vaccine and then if you disagree they act like you try to kill someone. Not one stupid vaccine, mask, or lockdown measure has stopped a respiratory virus.

Yet nobody vaccinated or otherwise can explain anything other than masks or vaccines stop a virus, when evidence shows they don't. It makes people feel safe but nothing else.

There will always be a new variant just as there is for the flu or any other common cold virus but we don't make a big deal out of it.
The disinformation continues unabated. It's not an "experimental" shot if you knew anything about mRNA vaccine development. And never mind that it's been the most closely monitored vaccine rollout in history. And never mind that you quite obviously don't even understand what a vaccine is.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-05-2022 at 05:25 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 04-05-2022, 10:03 AM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
The disinformation continues unabated

This is but one downside of giving "everybody a trophy".

Old 04-05-2022, 10:24 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Apparently a new wave has begun? Just in time for April vacation.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:25 AM

12,451 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post

The people calling them vaccines are scientists and doctors, i.e., those who should know.

The time when one could plausibly call the mRNA vaccines "experimental" was before they went through clinical trials. Once they've gone through proper clinical trials and have been found to be safe and efficacious, they are proven. And 100s of millions of people have gotten these vaccines after the trials - so it simply makes no sense to use that word for them now.

Given that nearly 1 million Americans have died from Covid-19, it's certainly worth making a big deal out of it.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:52 AM

943 posts, read 410,552 times
The vaccines have been the biggest miracle of this pandemic, developed in record time. Yes - they are not perfect; they have literally avoided millions of deaths and hospitalizations around the world already. Go get your shot or booster! Of course we are all (or at least many of us) hoping for even better vaccines that can keep up with this rapidly mutating and by now super infectious virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts