Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2021, 12:40 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,809,041 times

Advertisements

The two big utilities in MA have mandates, with eversource coming up early December. Lots of job postings going up these days....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 01:53 PM

15,802 posts, read 20,519,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
So am I. In our company, there is stealth preparation behind the scenes, for a potential Jan 4, 2022 deadline. But no official communications have come out, because I think some are waiting to see what happens with the OSHA rule challenge.

I’m sure there are discussions behind the scenes with top management, but hasn’t tricked down to my level yet. Right now, our main task behind the scenes is actively leasing nearby office space as folks who were WFH trickle back into the office.

TBH we are having such a difficult time hiring right now that this would hurt us. We’ve had a few anonymous polls and while the vast majority of white-collar employees are vaccinated (and currently boosting), our blue collar operators on the floor are not quite at the same levels. We have enough work to run 3 shifts 24-7, but can’t due to staffing shortages. I’m afraid what a mandate would do to our candidate pool. It’s already abysmal.

Old 11-24-2021, 12:34 AM

943 posts, read 410,552 times
"Effective November 29, 2021, any hospital or hospital system that has limited capacity must begin to reduce non-essential, non-urgent scheduled procedures to ensure adequate hospital capacity for immediate healthcare needs." https://www.mass.gov/news/baker-poli...care-workforce
Happy Holidays...

Old 11-24-2021, 08:44 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,416,532 times
The consensus among medical people does seem to be that we're heading for a very difficult winter. Not primarily another outbreak of Covid itself, though that's likely to be bad enough, but other illnesses and the effects of people having delayed treatment for everything else over the last 18 months, combined with personnel shortages in the hospitals as well as everywhere else.

I've had my 3 Covid shots and a flu shot. Everyone else should.

Remember when it was ”That new disease in China looks really bad. Hope it doesn't come here.”

Old 11-24-2021, 08:50 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
The consensus among medical people does seem to be that we're heading for a very difficult winter. Not primarily another outbreak of Covid itself, though that's likely to be bad enough, but other illnesses and the effects of people having delayed treatment for everything else over the last 18 months, combined with personnel shortages in the hospitals as well as everywhere else.

Remember when it was ”That new disease in China looks really bad. Hope it doesn't come here.”
They say that EVERY year since the beginning of time.

And hard pass on any shots thanks.

Old 11-24-2021, 11:49 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
They say that EVERY year since the beginning of time.

And hard pass on any shots thanks.
Which is why we'll have these diseases around forever!

Old 11-24-2021, 11:53 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Which is why we'll have these diseases around forever!
There is no "vaccine" that stops the flu or a corona virus. Even this so called vaccine doesn't stop or prevent transmission, so it can't end this. This idea that vaccinating everyone will keep people from getting sick is ridiculous and not even rational. People are still going to get sick, but they will keep calling it covid to keep everyone scared and under control. And if you want even more proof that this mass vaccination won't work just look at the countries and states that are most vaccinated. If 2 of these miracle shots didn't work, why would 3, or 4, or 23 of them. Even if the original vaccine worked, the virus will always mutate and they will always be behind. Does anyone even know what booster they are getting, is it from the original virus that ended probably over a year ago.

People got thru 1918, the Hong Kong flu, and original swine flu without a vaccine and they all ended. The only thing that ends this is natural immunity, but instead we continue to inject people with the same spike protein that we told them to avoid from the beginning.

Old 11-25-2021, 12:01 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post

I hate to say it, but I think we are headed into one of the worst winters ever. We have done nothing to help anyone's immune system in the last 2 years. We are also now short staffed at many medical facilities. And our idiot health officials do nothing to teach or promote preventive care and things that can help, cause it doesn't make big pharma money.

And I know nobody wants to hear it nor will the mass media (owned and controlled by big pharma) say anything, but the vaccine (covid shot not really a vaccine until they changed the definition) and boosters are only going to add to the problems. Additionally the new flu vaccine is stronger than past years which won't help. Many medical people that have been censored have already been talking about cardiac events even in young people which never happened before.

Keep yourself healthy and do everything you can to avoid the hospital, cause that is where sick people go.

Old 11-25-2021, 10:54 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
There is no "vaccine" that stops the flu or a corona virus. Even this so called vaccine doesn't stop or prevent transmission, so it can't end this. This idea that vaccinating everyone will keep people from getting sick is ridiculous and not even rational. People are still going to get sick, but they will keep calling it covid to keep everyone scared and under control. And if you want even more proof that this mass vaccination won't work just look at the countries and states that are most vaccinated. If 2 of these miracle shots didn't work, why would 3, or 4, or 23 of them. Even if the original vaccine worked, the virus will always mutate and they will always be behind. Does anyone even know what booster they are getting, is it from the original virus that ended probably over a year ago.

People got thru 1918, the Hong Kong flu, and original swine flu without a vaccine and they all ended. The only thing that ends this is natural immunity, but instead we continue to inject people with the same spike protein that we told them to avoid from the beginning.
Not sure if this is willful ignorance, a basic inability to grasp how diseases and vaccines work, or just trolling. The answers to all of these "doubts" can be readily found everywhere. To those who don't trust the media, I tell them to just talk to your primary care physician and ask them what they think.

Old 11-25-2021, 08:04 PM

943 posts, read 410,552 times
Just in time for the holidays: A new variant from South Africa, with many more mutations than Delta (and apparently spreading quite rapidly). https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/25/world...ity/index.html
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-covid-variant
The UK and Israel have already put travel restrictions in place.
Already has spread in a quarantine hotel in Hong Kong: "Hong Kong’s first patient found to be carrying the variant was a 36-year-old man who arrived from South Africa on Nov 11. He was in quarantine at the Regal Airport Hotel when he tested positive for Covid-19 on Monday last week.

A guest staying in the room across the hall — a 62-year-old arrival from Canada — tested positive five days later.
Read more at https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3157410/coronavirus-quarantine-hotel-guest-linked-cross?utm_source=TodayOnline&utm_medium=partner&ut m_campaign=contentexchange&utm_content=3157410""
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts