Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2021, 04:52 PM

7,927 posts, read 7,820,807 times

Advertisements

I'm *trying* to get my booster. I signed up Tuesday for today. Got a message it was cancelled and to reschedule. So I did and it was still cancelled. I had no issue at all with the first two when the town did it. I don't get how drug stores could drop the ball on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 05:56 PM

23,598 posts, read 18,730,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
I'm *trying* to get my booster. I signed up Tuesday for today. Got a message it was cancelled and to reschedule. So I did and it was still cancelled. I had no issue at all with the first two when the town did it. I don't get how drug stores could drop the ball on this one.

Got mine at CVS this past Monday. No issues with the appointment system or anything.

Old 11-27-2021, 10:47 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
Several dozens of people estimated positive on two KLM flights from South Africa into the Netherlands that arrived today prior to the travel restrictions. 15 of 110 test results already positive, 600 pending. Sh**. I sure hope the Biden admin has made any plans for further highly mutated variants other than let's vaccinate people with a now possibly outdated vaccine.
Stop testing, its useless. They aren't accurate and don't actually always indicate if someone is really sick. Additionally, by the time any new variant or virus is around, it has probably been around for a month or more before anyone knows. By the time they react and do anything (not that anything will matter), another variant will start. There are something like 12,000 mutations of sars-cov-2 already, but one or two will always rise to the top as being the most contagious. This will never end, just as we have never eliminated the common cold or the flu. The consistently mutate. Just look at the most vaccinated states and countries, they are the biggest disasters, while avoiding any conversations over places that have no stupid covid restrictions.

This will continue to call the cold or flu a new "variant" to scare people to promote testing (more money) and shots (more money). And neither will stop or make one difference unless people decide to get more healthy and natural immunity. Otherwise, your just on a subscription service of big pharma.

Ask yourself why when other bad flu or cold seasons we got over them without any vaccine. This entire thing has nothing to do with a virus with a 99.96% survival rate. If you want to live in fear the rest of your life go for it, but your giving up all your freedoms and control to big pharma and governments.

Old 11-28-2021, 08:49 AM

943 posts, read 410,776 times
A bit embarrassing that so many countries all over the world have suspected and confirmed Omicron cases, while nothing has been mentioned by the US. I guess they don't want to distract people from spending and travelling this holiday weekend (I did read on a twitter thread that a provider in LA was waiting for sequencing of two cases that they suspected - so it's probably all over here as well).
Oh, and another brilliant coincidence: "On Nov. 12, the federal agency removed virtually all such restrictions and advised the country’s nursing homes to allow visitation “for all residents at all times.” https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/27/h...ing-homes.html

Old 11-28-2021, 09:53 AM

16,417 posts, read 8,223,904 times
The US isn’t going to do anything at this point other than tell people they should wear a mask and get vaccinated. There won’t be anymore lockdowns. I don’t really care if there are any but it seems like many are just focused on continuing life as normal. Even commercials are showing happy holiday gatherings saying we’re really living it up this year since we couldn’t last year, etc. whatever and kudos to the people hosting these huge gatherings but I won’t be

Old 11-28-2021, 10:31 AM

17,758 posts, read 9,208,286 times
While everyone seems to be focused on the uncertainty of Omicron, and rightly so, this seems like a good time to remind people that Delta is still here and it's no joke - especially considering that the non-boostered "fully vaccinated" are not protected after 7 months.

Old 11-28-2021, 11:28 AM

16,417 posts, read 8,223,904 times
I haven’t heard many people discussing the new variant. I mentioned it to one person and they rolled their eyes. Another just said they’d heard about it.

When the vaccines came out I have to say I don’t recall much messaging of, oh hey these are only going to last 7 months.

Old 11-28-2021, 11:59 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
When the vaccines came out I have to say I don’t recall much messaging of, oh hey these are only going to last 7 months.
The flu vaccine is only good for 6 months which is why I try to wait until November 1 to get it. Why should a COVID-19 vaccine be any different? When the vaccines first showed up, there was no data on how long they would remain effective. The first real data was Israel in July that Pfizer drops off significantly by 6 months.

Right now, there is no real data about B.1.1.529. Only speculation. I have my boxes of N95 masks. I got my booster. With the information I have now, I just live my life knowing that Delta is 50+ infections per day per 100,000 in my county. I doubt much would change that if omicron replaced Delta as variant du jour.

Old 11-28-2021, 12:56 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Stop testing, its useless. They aren't accurate and don't actually always indicate if someone is really sick. Additionally, by the time any new variant or virus is around, it has probably been around for a month or more before anyone knows. By the time they react and do anything (not that anything will matter), another variant will start. There are something like 12,000 mutations of sars-cov-2 already, but one or two will always rise to the top as being the most contagious. This will never end, just as we have never eliminated the common cold or the flu. The consistently mutate. Just look at the most vaccinated states and countries, they are the biggest disasters, while avoiding any conversations over places that have no stupid covid restrictions.

This will continue to call the cold or flu a new "variant" to scare people to promote testing (more money) and shots (more money). And neither will stop or make one difference unless people decide to get more healthy and natural immunity. Otherwise, your just on a subscription service of big pharma.

Ask yourself why when other bad flu or cold seasons we got over them without any vaccine. This entire thing has nothing to do with a virus with a 99.96% survival rate. If you want to live in fear the rest of your life go for it, but your giving up all your freedoms and control to big pharma and governments.
For someone who is "Leaving MA"...you sure seem to enjoy flying by the MA forum like a seagull and dropping the disinformation grenades!

Old 11-29-2021, 04:53 AM

7,927 posts, read 7,820,807 times
the general point is that more we allow something to mutate with fresh hosts (ie non vaccinated) the stronger it will get and we'll continue this wack a mole mentality. The legal ramifications for exposure are significant. I just went shopping in person for a few hours. Some wanted masks and some didn't. One that was pretty strict was the one for kids.

As for more money keep in mind the medical industry isn't the most profitible. Ask yourself this. Considering all the tech companies out there if this was high margin how come there's no Facebook vaccine or Google?

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...o-what/385214/

So if the profit range is 10-40% what about businesses that are beyond it? I can tell you in home improvement it isn't lumber that gets money, it's fasteners. No one buys wood without nails and screws. Wood is a loss but nails and screws are probably 50%.

Here's a list that's constantly put out about what industries have what margin. After taxes it's...tobacco by far. let's not also talk about software, utilities and railroads. These are industries with little competition. Now if the vaccine cost $5,000, was only in the midwest and only from one company sure you might have an argument but you don't.

https://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~adamoda...le/margin.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts