Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2021, 11:55 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlurryCat View Post
If you don't pull your head out, you'll eventually reach equilibrium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 11:59 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
What you believe is wrong, and it is most certainly not an OSHA violation to wear a mask or respirator for extended periods.

Nobody wants to wear a mask all day (myself included), but if you want to keep your job (and your health) you just do it. I worked 30 years for a chemical company that dealt a lot with dry-blending powders, and every worker in every plant wore a mask for the entirety of their shift. Some would change masks at lunch but most didn't find it necessary. When I was in a plant I wore a P100 for up to 14 hours non-stop (because you don't shut down a production line for test batches or equipment upgrades and toodle off for a long lunch).

Is that the highest level of science class you attended? You should probably listen to the experts. In any large corporation there is an EHS Department full of people who know the OSHA rules better than OSHA, and whenever there is a new product or process they do a full review of required safety precautions. There are many industries / occupations where extended mask use is routine. If there was ever a problem, you'd have lawyers on TV - "Did you or a loved one suffer a bacterial infection while wearing a mask at work?" But no.

If you don't pull your head out, you'll eventually reach equilibrium.

You've made up your mind based on something other than facts and now you're looking to justify it to those outside your FB freedumb-and-choice-mask-haters group.
I don't use Facebook . If it was chemicals I would wear a mask.

Old 08-24-2021, 12:24 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,209,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
In the beginning of covid people were told masks don't work. That perhaps stuck with some
Incorrect. There were told they didn't need them mainly to keep people from hoarding them.

Old 08-24-2021, 12:29 PM

4,661 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Incorrect. There were told they didn't need them mainly to keep people from hoarding them.
Fauci's exact words:

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. "

That poster is not incorrect; he is correct. And you are gaslighting.

Old 08-24-2021, 12:39 PM

962 posts, read 469,491 times
"Not providing the perfect protection they think it is" is a far cry from "They don't work."

Old 08-24-2021, 01:01 PM

12,426 posts, read 9,519,802 times
Regarding insurance, one thing I did read recently is that most health insurance companies have been waiving co-pays and cost-sharing for Covid-19 hospital treatment. But some of them were already rolling off this largesse as the vaccines gained EUA, and now more of them are doing so.

Per Kaiser: "More than 97% of hospitalized patients last month were unvaccinated. Though the vaccines will not necessarily prevent you from catching the coronavirus, they are highly effective at assuring you will have a milder case and are kept out of the hospital.

For this reason, there’s logic behind insurers’ waiver rollback: Why should patients be kept financially unharmed from what is now a preventable hospitalization, thanks to a vaccine that the government paid for and made available free of charge?"

See:
https://khn.org/news/article/analysi...iew/republish/

Old 08-24-2021, 01:05 PM

4,661 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
"Not providing the perfect protection they think it is" is a far cry from "They don't work."
Those comments read in their entirety can be interpreted in good faith to mean, in essence, "they don't work." I guess you don't agree.

Old 08-24-2021, 01:42 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
are you going to chg more for the overweight, the sedentary, the ones who engage in risky sports, cancer, heart disease, HIV, poor genetics, travel to risky areas, those who refuse flu shots, pneumonia shots, etc etc etc.? How much did we spend on heart disease and cancer during those 2 months? That number you quoted is meaningless unless you know how much everything else costs!
nope, just anti-vaxxers.

Old 08-24-2021, 02:16 PM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
People went without a covid vaccine for over a year and not everyone contracted covid. Look, I got the vaccine, I'm not against it but it's silly to assume anyone who didn't get this shot has it. Or charge them more for health insurance.

Old 08-24-2021, 02:20 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,138,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
People went without a covid vaccine for over a year and not everyone contracted covid. Look, I got the vaccine, I'm not against it but it's silly to assume anyone who didn't get this shot has it. Or charge them more for health insurance.
Insurance is ultimately a risk assessment and if you're unvaccinated against a highly transmissible virus during a global pandemic that is a pretty big (and unnecessary) risk you're taking.

Ultimately, I don't want my or my employer's health insurance costs rising (as either impacts my take-home comp) because some low-IQ homeopathy or alt-right types can't bother to roll up their sleeve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts