Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2021, 07:54 AM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times

Advertisements

In the beginning of covid people were told masks don't work. That perhaps stuck with some
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 08:20 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Health care workers did not wear masks all day before covid. They wore them when doing surgery because the person they operated on had open wounds . Would you breath in your ass all day? Many doctors say there is no reason for regular people to Walk around with masks Al day especially if they are not sick.
Surgeries can last for hours. You're saying that it is unhealthy for you to wear a mask at the grocery store which lasts, what? 30 minutes at the most?

Old 08-24-2021, 08:57 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
Surgeries can last for hours. You're saying that it is unhealthy for you to wear a mask at the grocery store which lasts, what? 30 minutes at the most?
there is a difference between hours and all day like 8 hours which grocery store workers had to do. I will not wear a mask again period. id rather starve. i might even start practicing civil disobedience and just walking into places requiring masks.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:59 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Why cant Massachusetts have a governor like this...

the best governor ever!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSbsHQxGwVI

he knows the masks won't end until he puts a stop to them. what are we going to do during flu season oh now we all got to wear masks because of the flu. this could go on for 20 years for a virus with a 99 percent survival rate.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:29 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
454 people died from covid in Florida yesterday. Their hospitals are overflowing. I have friends who are doctors - oncologists, cardiologists, a surgeon - in Miami and Gainesville who are having to postpone chemotherapy, cancel surgery, and other major disruptions to care that will impact survival of non-covid issues.

Meanwhile, there were 4 covid deaths yesterday in Massachusetts. Our hospitals are more full than they've been in months, but no one's chemo or surgeries are getting moved.

Yeah. DeSantis sure is the best governor in the country.

Old 08-24-2021, 10:19 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,023,728 times
there should be a difference in insurance premiums (life and health) for vaxxers and anti-vaxxers. We spent 2.3 billion in June/July on unvaccinated hospital stays.

Old 08-24-2021, 10:47 AM

3,082 posts, read 1,545,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
there should be a difference in insurance premiums (life and health) for vaxxers and anti-vaxxers. We spent 2.3 billion in June/July on unvaccinated hospital stays.
are you going to chg more for the overweight, the sedentary, the ones who engage in risky sports, cancer, heart disease, HIV, poor genetics, travel to risky areas, those who refuse flu shots, pneumonia shots, etc etc etc.? How much did we spend on heart disease and cancer during those 2 months? That number you quoted is meaningless unless you know how much everything else costs!

Old 08-24-2021, 10:57 AM

2,279 posts, read 1,342,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
454 people died from covid in Florida yesterday. Their hospitals are overflowing. I have friends who are doctors - oncologists, cardiologists, a surgeon - in Miami and Gainesville who are having to postpone chemotherapy, cancel surgery, and other major disruptions to care that will impact survival of non-covid issues.

Meanwhile, there were 4 covid deaths yesterday in Massachusetts. Our hospitals are more full than they've been in months, but no one's chemo or surgeries are getting moved.

Yeah. DeSantis sure is the best governor in the country.
Amen

Old 08-24-2021, 11:20 AM

962 posts, read 469,598 times
Quote:
I believe people did not wear them all day and it might be a violation of OSHA.
What you believe is wrong, and it is most certainly not an OSHA violation to wear a mask or respirator for extended periods.

Nobody wants to wear a mask all day (myself included), but if you want to keep your job (and your health) you just do it. I worked 30 years for a chemical company that dealt a lot with dry-blending powders, and every worker in every plant wore a mask for the entirety of their shift. Some would change masks at lunch but most didn't find it necessary. When I was in a plant I wore a P100 for up to 14 hours non-stop (because you don't shut down a production line for test batches or equipment upgrades and toodle off for a long lunch).

Quote:
Do you remember being in science class and tested common surfaces and seen how much bacteria was on it. Even if you wash the masks in no time at all it accumulates bacteria
Is that the highest level of science class you attended? You should probably listen to the experts. In any large corporation there is an EHS Department full of people who know the OSHA rules better than OSHA, and whenever there is a new product or process they do a full review of required safety precautions. There are many industries / occupations where extended mask use is routine. If there was ever a problem, you'd have lawyers on TV - "Did you or a loved one suffer a bacterial infection while wearing a mask at work?" But no.

Quote:
The mask is unhealthy and filled with bacteria. Not only that you are re breathing your own mouth bacteria. There is more bacteria in your mouth than your ass.
If you don't pull your head out, you'll eventually reach equilibrium.

You've made up your mind based on something other than facts and now you're looking to justify it to those outside your FB freedumb-and-choice-mask-haters group.

Old 08-24-2021, 11:43 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post

I'm not sure how feasible that is.

Something more interesting to me would be if someone claims and exemption from the vaccine on religious grounds because of use of stem cells... then bar them from taking any medicine with research based in stem cells. It would effectively bar them from many many new medical treatments. I'm not proposing that, its potentially unethical in itself, but it is a a debate I'd like to hear bioethicists engage in. I fear lots of people are going to go the faux "religious exemption" route. People sure do love to pick and choose when they hold their religious "values" dear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts