Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2021, 05:23 PM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Fauci's exact words:

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. "

That poster is not incorrect; he is correct. And you are gaslighting.
I stand corrected. But the stance changed pretty quickly.

And what I said isn't gaslighting. What I said isn't anywhere near abusive or trying to convince someone they are insane. If you're going to accuse someone at least know what you are accusing them of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 07:50 PM

17,742 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Yes. But they are not going to be hospitalized, or go on a ventilator, or get admitted to an ICU.
It's irresponsible to say people who are vaccinated won't be hospitalized.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:24 PM

6,132 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Nothing is 100%. But take the P-town cluster: 882 cases, 7 hospitalized, 0 deaths. Pretty good odds for me, and pretty compelling case in favor of vaccines.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:26 PM

6,132 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Take your condescending rhetorical question and shove it. And when you've done that, shove it further.

My comment was in response to someone gaslighting, saying it was "incorrect" to claim that experts ever said masks didn't work. And I posted verbatim comments from the top public health official in the United States essentially saying they don't work. And then, because your ego can't handle someone calmly, dispassionately pointing out that Fauci is sometimes wrong -- again, using nothing but Fauci's own words -- you jump all over me for leaving out context that wasn't relevant to the original exchange.

You're on ignore permanently, and I should probably take a break from the Massachusetts forum as well, although there are many good posters here (not you).
From the likes of you, that's an honor. Your posts are simply taking statements out of context, to prop up an untenable case against masks.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:36 PM

17,742 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Quote:
Nothing is 100%. But take the P-town cluster: 882 cases, 7 hospitalized, 0 deaths. Pretty good odds for me, and pretty compelling case in favor of vaccines.
I agree.

Old 08-24-2021, 11:33 PM

12,441 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Governor "Death Sentence"? He literally has blood on his hands. Thank God for Charlie Baker.
Indeed, DeSantis has engineered virtually the worst performance in the nation on Covid-19. He's been going around holding packed political rallies where he rants that every individual has the right to acquire and spread disease.

Recent FL headlines:

"Florida doctors stage walkout to protest surge of unvaccinated patients"
https://nypost.com/2021/08/23/florid...xed-patients/?

"Bodies stacked to the ceiling as COVID-19 surge creates backlog at funeral homes, crematories"
https://www.wesh.com/article/covid-1...ries/37387466#

Just a bizarre choice to hold up as the standard of excellence. Charlie Baker is at least rational, straightforward, and has basic competence. DeSantis has none of those traits.

Old 08-24-2021, 11:43 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Indeed, DeSantis has engineered virtually the worst performance in the nation on Covid-19. He's been going around holding packed political rallies where he rants that every individual has the right to acquire and spread disease.

Recent FL headlines:

"Florida doctors stage walkout to protest surge of unvaccinated patients"
https://nypost.com/2021/08/23/florid...xed-patients/?

"Bodies stacked to the ceiling as COVID-19 surge creates backlog at funeral homes, crematories"
https://www.wesh.com/article/covid-1...ries/37387466#

Just a bizarre choice to hold up as the standard of excellence. Charlie Baker is at least rational, straightforward, and has basic competence. DeSantis has none of those traits.
DeSantis actually had a lot of potential at first, but then later sold his soul to the cesspool that is national politics while turning his back on the state of Florida. He has shown to be a very weak individual.

Old 08-25-2021, 02:11 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
The CDC just reported that you’re 29x less likely to be hospitalized if you’re vaccinated. How can that possibly be irresponsible? Statistically, it’s true. The vaccines keep you out of the hospital.

The first link of many in a Google search:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ith-covid.html

Old 08-25-2021, 04:39 AM

12,441 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The CDC just reported that you’re 29x less likely to be hospitalized if you’re vaccinated. How can that possibly be irresponsible? Statistically, it’s true. The vaccines keep you out of the hospital.

The first link of many in a Google search:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ith-covid.html
I also don't understand people making the argument that you can be hospitalized with Covid-19 whether or not you get the vaccine, so therefore the vaccines don't work. They just ignore the key fact that the risk of hospitalization is vastly greater for those who are unvaccinated - and this isn't any kind of secret, it's been widely reported, for months, so why do people keep making these specious arguments anyway?

Old 08-25-2021, 04:52 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Jesse Jackson and his wife are both in the hospital and fully vaxxed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts