Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2021, 02:37 PM

12,432 posts, read 9,529,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
People went without a covid vaccine for over a year and not everyone contracted covid. Look, I got the vaccine, I'm not against it but it's silly to assume anyone who didn't get this shot has it. Or charge them more for health insurance.
They are not exactly charging more for the insurance. But for a time, health insurance companies took the highly unusual step of waiving co-pays and cost-sharing for Covid-19 hospitalization - they were paying 100% of the charges, which weren't the terms of the insurance agreement - for a time they did it anyway though.

But now that it's become a situation where virtually anyone who wants to avoid hospitalization can easily do so, the insurance companies are saying in essence "Why should we pay 100% of these huge costs that could be avoided entirely with a modicum of personal responsibility?".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 02:37 PM

16,406 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Welp then insurance should be raised for fat people too then. Can't discriminate. I could care less if insurance rates do go up for the unvaccinated. It's likely that if that were ever a threat many of those people would run out and get the vaccine.

Old 08-24-2021, 02:39 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
nope, just anti-vaxxers.
most of the people in critical condition from the virus are overweight. we should force them to lose weight then. being overweight is a huge contributing factor. being overweight is more of a contributing factor than being unvaccinated. not only for covid but being overweight raises the cost of health insurance and drains on the health care system. I might be wrong but it might contribute more than smoking.

Old 08-24-2021, 02:42 PM

12,432 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Welp then insurance should be raised for fat people too then. Can't discriminate. I could care less if insurance rates do go up for the unvaccinated. It's likely that if that were ever a threat many of those people would run out and get the vaccine.
Again, insurance rates aren't going up. But going forward, if someone is hospitalized for Covid, they will pay their co-pay and their portion of cost-sharing, just like the insurance contract terms always specified.

Old 08-24-2021, 03:29 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,606,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
most of the people in critical condition from the virus are overweight. we should force them to lose weight then. being overweight is a huge contributing factor. being overweight is more of a contributing factor than being unvaccinated. not only for covid but being overweight raises the cost of health insurance and drains on the health care system. I might be wrong but it might contribute more than smoking.

Hah! Good luck with forcing overweight people to lose their excess pounds. I don't think weight should be a factor in insurance costs; unless every insurer in the USA can prove that every single person who works for them is not overweight.

My own doctors now define obesity/food addiction as a disease; which is surprising to me. Insurers should not penalize anyone for a disease.

I am obese, have cancer, and have taken the Moderna vaccine to prevent COVID. So far, so good, no COVID.

Old 08-24-2021, 03:39 PM

15,864 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Gentle reminder that health insurance does not assist with weight loss treatment programs, including surgical and nonsurgical interventions.

Weight loss can take years. Getting a shot takes seconds.

Old 08-24-2021, 03:49 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
People who are vaccinated can still get covid so it's hypocracy to treat the unvaccinated different. And
No I don't believe the vax lessons symptoms there is no way to prove that.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:26 PM

6,130 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Why cant Massachusetts have a governor like this...

the best governor ever!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSbsHQxGwVI

he knows the masks won't end until he puts a stop to them. what are we going to do during flu season oh now we all got to wear masks because of the flu. this could go on for 20 years for a virus with a 99 percent survival rate.
Governor "Death Sentence"? He literally has blood on his hands. Thank God for Charlie Baker.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:31 PM

6,130 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
People who are vaccinated can still get covid so it's hypocracy to treat the unvaccinated different. And
No I don't believe the vax lessons symptoms there is no way to prove that.
Yes. But they are not going to be hospitalized, or go on a ventilator, or get admitted to an ICU.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:48 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,780,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Yes. But they are not going to be hospitalized, or go on a ventilator, or get admitted to an ICU.
A lot less likely you mean, with Delta around. The hospitalizations are starting to get close to April levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts