Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 07:29 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
You're probably right. Nothing is truly free even when it's free. My point was more about an ounce of prevention vs. a pound of cure. But witness the average American's diet...maybe that's a foreign notion!
Dr Michael Savage who has a doctorate in epidemiology said vitamin c and d and zinc can be a good strategy for prevention. You know humans have a immune system. There was another one too I forgot. That will cost your immune system as well as losing weight can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 07:36 PM

15,863 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Dr Michael Savage who has a doctorate in epidemiology said vitamin c and d and zinc can be a good strategy for prevention. You know humans have a immune system. There was another one too I forgot. That will cost your immune system as well as losing weight can help.

Sure, that's all true.

And none of it is a replacement for a vaccine and precautions like masks and distancing.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:39 PM

12,432 posts, read 9,529,208 times
I wonder why we have antibiotics? Shouldn't the immune system just take care of it? And what's all this nonsense about polio?

Old 08-20-2021, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I wonder why we have antibiotics? Shouldn't the immune system just take care of it? And what's all this nonsense about polio?
Our bodies are alot better at dealing with viruses than bacterial infections that is why. Yes polio is a virus but bacterial infections are more dangerous before antibiotics if you got an infection you would die

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 08-20-2021 at 08:18 PM..

Old 08-20-2021, 11:52 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,192,519 times
The New York Times is reporting that the FDA could fully approve Pfizer as early as Monday.

Old 08-21-2021, 05:13 AM

Tennessee and Massachusetts have virtually the same population. Covid-friendly TN is averaging 2,040 people hospitalized with Covid, while MA is averaging 383 people hospitalized with Covid. Mind you, I don't think we'll maintain this huge 5x advantage, but I do think the greater efforts to manage the disease in Mass are paying dividends.

TN Data:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

MA Data:

Old 08-21-2021, 05:31 AM

199 posts, read 67,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Tennessee and Massachusetts have virtually the same population. Covid-friendly TN is averaging 2,040 people hospitalized with Covid, while MA is averaging 383 people hospitalized with Covid. Mind you, I don't think we'll maintain this huge 5x advantage, but I do think the greater efforts to manage the disease in Mass are paying dividends.

TN Data:

MA Data:
"manage the disease", yeah I'm sure MAs 40% higher death rate is the envy of Tennessee.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:46 AM

has anyone gone into the towns that have mask requirements? well since I am so lucky I live in a town with mask requirements. Ill just say I go get coffee in the morning sometimes and that coffee place (a big chain) has a sign to cover your face. I walk in there without a mask and see 4 other people with no masks . 2 of them waiting in line. it seems to me even though there is a mandate some of these businesses are not enforcing the mandate because they know people are sick of the masks especially since there is a vaccine.

i bet if went to trader joes though they would flip out. i almost want to go shop to shop looking for how many businesses are really enforcing it. people enforcing these masks mandates have been shot. i doubt it would happen here but they don't want to spend the energy even enforcing these mandates. boston has mandated but that does not take effect until august 27th. if its such a concern why wait so long? its all a dog and pony show!!

i am curious if stop and shop is enforcing it they are scum so they might be. they treat customers and employees terrible. i only go in there if I have to buy one or two items.

the psychology of humans is so interesting. we are supposed to be so smart but yet we have rituals that make it look like we are so dumb.

people are probably fatigued over the covid it's so very draining. this is why people don't want to deal with any of the bs especially employees making minimum wage. i won't wear a mask anywhere so if I a business does enforce the masks I won't get mad ill just say see you later you lost my business.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-21-2021 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: language

Old 08-21-2021, 08:05 AM

16,405 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Stop and shop has signs up encouraging people to wear masks but not enforcing.

Sounds like my town is leaning towards having kids wear masks until Oct 1 to ensure a smooth transition back into the classroom.

Old 08-21-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Stop and shop has signs up encouraging people to wear masks but not enforcing.

Sounds like my town is leaning towards having kids wear masks until Oct 1 to ensure a smooth transition back into the classroom.
Kids under 12 can't be vaccinated, so if you want to try classroom study, masks are the sensible alternative. As we've seen in the south, what can happen otherwise is the virus rips through the classrooms and everyone gets sent home to quarantine if you refuse to use masks - that just invites disaster and makes the in-class study situation impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts