Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 11:23 AM

23,568 posts, read 18,707,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post

Have they yet determined the Delta's influence on the wastewater tracker vs. earlier variants? In other words, would the current count translate to the same number of probable cases as the same count would have in January? Or due to a higher viral load, would a certain number of Delta cases result in a higher wastewater count than the same number of local cases of previous variants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 11:24 AM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
The corrections officer union is opposing vaccine mandates, so I think it's safe to say that most correction officers are anti-vaccine.
The union is against them unless.....there's a little something extra in the paychecks for getting them. Just wait and see.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
For the people so afraid to take it I do wonder what they think will happen to them...grow horns or a tail? I'm sure most people have ingested or taken in things that could have caused harm

It's certainly puzzling, when somebody pops tylenol like candy (something with KNOWN long term negative effects) or drinks alcohol, etc., yet refuses a life saving vaccine with no (known) long term effects.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
The union is against them unless.....there's a little something extra in the paychecks for getting them. Just wait and see.

Exactly, it's all about leverage. And ALL unions play this game, don't make it just about correctional officers.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:42 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
For the people so afraid to take it I do wonder what they think will happen to them...grow horns or a tail? I'm sure most people have ingested or taken in things that could have caused harm
They are afraid of blood clots ,they are afraid it trains their immune system to attack their organs. It causes myocarditis in young people. We can argue if it happens alot but even the mainstream media admits these are all side effects of the vaccine. Healthy people with no problems developed problems right after the vaccine. There is even one doctor I listened to that thinks 70 percent of the people who take it will be dead in 3 years. I don't even know I would believe that and I'm more sceptical than most.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 08-20-2021 at 11:50 AM..

Old 08-20-2021, 11:56 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,321,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
They are afraid of blood clots ,they are afraid it trains their immune system to attack their organs. It causes myocarditis in young people. We can argue if it happens alot but even the mainstream media admits these are all side effects of the vaccine. Healthy people with no problems developed problems right after the vaccine.
I think the strange logic some of us aren't understanding from this crowd is that they're terrified of a vaccine with a ~0.00001% chance of death, but not terrified of something with a ~0.5% chance of death without the vaccine. They convince themselves it's the other way around because the nascent fear scares them far more than the bigger but now-familiar fear.

If this were a horror movie, these people are the prototypical blonde girl who runs away screaming from the safe hiding place into the field because they think they can escape to safety. The axe murderer eventually shows up and hacks them to bits for their poor decision.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:02 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
They are afraid of blood clots ,they are afraid it trains their immune system to attack their organs. It causes myocarditis in young people. We can argue if it happens alot but even the mainstream media admits these are all side effects of the vaccine. Healthy people with no problems developed problems right after the vaccine. There is even one doctor I listened to that thinks 70 percent of the people who take it will be dead in 3 years. I don't even know I would believe that and I'm more sceptical than most.
There's a small chance those things happen and they could happen without getting the vaccine.

How are these people going to die in 3 years because of the vaccine? that's really awful that he would say that.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:03 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
With Judges all being over a certain age... good luck finding a fair and impartial judge to uphold their rights.

What about the prisoner's rights? They do still have them, you know.

From a management perspective, if COVID rushes through a prison staff and multiple people are out for 2, 3 or more weeks at a time, who will actually maintain the prison?

Old 08-20-2021, 12:04 PM

6,132 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
I think the strange logic some of us aren't understanding from this crowd is that they're terrified of a vaccine with a ~0.00001% chance of death, but not terrified of something with a ~0.5% chance of death without the vaccine. They convince themselves it's the other way around because the nascent fear scares them far more than the bigger but now-familiar fear.

If this were a horror movie, these people are the prototypical blonde girl who runs away screaming from the safe hiding place into the field because they think they can escape to safety. The axe murderer eventually shows up and hacks them to bits for their poor decision.
Very apt analogy. But the minute you start introducing decimal-based math, you lose 80% of these "geniuses".

Old 08-20-2021, 12:04 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post

I don't think it's killed alot of people only 45 thousand but they are hiding deaths that's why there is a lawsuit going on against the CDC. The other rumor is that they did studies on animals with a different study name using mRNA vaccines and all the animals died in 6 months. The creater of the mRNA vaccines even gave warnings. It will kill more in the years to come the short term is not that dangerous but the long term is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts