Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 04:52 PM

17,716 posts, read 9,181,543 times

Advertisements

There's talk now about possible brain damage and early Alzheimer's for those who experience prolonged loss of smell & taste and brain fog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 05:45 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
So Bill Gates is Ra’s al Ghul. Cool story.

I get more of a Dr. Evil vibe

Old 08-20-2021, 05:51 PM

3,393 posts, read 1,547,174 times
I don't think this forum talked about this treatment of monoclonal antibodies. I'd ask for that rather than a vaccine.https://news.yahoo.com/monoclonal-an...152854132.html

Old 08-20-2021, 06:26 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,097,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I don't think this forum talked about this treatment of monoclonal antibodies. I'd ask for that rather than a vaccine.https://news.yahoo.com/monoclonal-an...152854132.html
Yeah, why get something that's free and prevents sickness, when you can actually get sick and spend $1500 on first class treatment? This is what's wrong with America today

Old 08-20-2021, 06:33 PM

12,417 posts, read 9,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Yeah, why get something that's free and prevents sickness, when you can actually get sick and spend $1500 on first class treatment? This is what's wrong with America today
The vaccines are paid by the govt, but I think they are about $20 per dose. The monoclonal antibodies are in some cases also paid by the govt, but as you indicate, they in a completely different world of cost, plus they have lower efficacy.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:37 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,097,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
The vaccines are paid by the govt, but I think they are about $20 per dose. The monoclonal antibodies are in some cases also paid by the govt, but as you indicate, they in a completely different world of cost, plus they have lower efficacy.
You're probably right. Nothing is truly free even when it's free. My point was more about an ounce of prevention vs. a pound of cure. But witness the average American's diet...maybe that's a foreign notion!

Old 08-20-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
You're probably right. Nothing is truly free even when it's free. My point was more about an ounce of prevention vs. a pound of cure. But witness the average American's diet...maybe that's a foreign notion!
Absolutely, it makes no sense, but there is just this stubborn ideological opposition to masks, vaccines, and social distancing. Why they arbitrarily like these drugs, many of which are dangerous and don't work - who knows???

Old 08-20-2021, 06:57 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
There aren't enough monoclonal antibodies for everyone, even if you can afford them and/or your insurance will pay.

Right now, there is only supply to offer them to people who are very high risk or people who are very sick. This was a big point when the Governor of Texas got this as part of his treatment despite saying that he had a very mild case.

And this is once again the problem with people not getting vaccinated or taking precautions. If there weren't such immense pressures on the healthcare system, we might be able to get monoclonal antibodies out to more people to prevent worse illness or death for very high risk people for whom the vaccine is not as effective because they are immunocompromised due to age, medication, or illness. Instead, the meds are now going to Susie Sunshine who has signed a petition to bring back Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza but won't even consider taking the vaccine.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
There aren't enough monoclonal antibodies for everyone, even if you can afford them and/or your insurance will pay.

Right now, there is only supply to offer them to people who are very high risk or people who are very sick. This was a big point when the Governor of Texas got this as part of his treatment despite saying that he had a very mild case.

And this is once again the problem with people not getting vaccinated or taking precautions. If there weren't such immense pressures on the healthcare system, we might be able to get monoclonal antibodies out to more people to prevent worse illness or death for very high risk people for whom the vaccine is not as effective because they are immunocompromised due to age, medication, or illness. Instead, the meds are now going to Susie Sunshine who has signed a petition to bring back Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza but won't even consider taking the vaccine.
Yes, for numerous reasons, the monoclonal antibodies are really more of a hail-mary pass, that can't be scaled up too much any time soon. I will say that they do work fairly well when administered early after infection, and they are certainly better than the hydroxychoroquine, ivermectin, injecting disinfectants, or shining a UV laser up your nether regions - some of the other remedies championed by the anti-science set. It's ironic that they'll happily take horse-deworming pills, but vaccines? Heck no - too scary!

Old 08-20-2021, 07:25 PM

16,359 posts, read 8,174,665 times
So now people who eat Taco Bell are assumed to be anti vaxxers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts