Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2021, 12:12 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Excepting healthcare facilities here which are still requiring masks, these days I'd say Newburyport is more like 10/90/ or 20/80, masked/unmasked.

I'd also say that mask useage has fizzled down quite a bit. Ironically i was also in Newburyport last weekend, but in other places as well, you might see 1 or 2 people with masks, but for the most part everyone else is unmasked.

Exception being places that require masks, like healthcare and public transit and other specific locations

My wife did take the kids to the Mueseum of Science last week, and reported that most people did have masks, even though the signage said it was optional if vaccinated. She did say however that since the kids weren't vaccinated and had to wear masks, that she felt the parents were modeling behavior by wearing them as well. She did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 01:05 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Yeah it's been a bit hairy on what to do with kids...i've been having my kids put one on when we go inside somewhere which isn't often...plus most signs on stores say anyone not vaccinated has to wear a mask...i've seen plenty of kids not wearing masks...have there been any issues over this? My kids did a weekly camp this week where they were inside sometimes. They said masks are optional. The group of 10 kids that showed up to camp were not wearing masks.

we know of one child who got covid about 2 weeks ago. Apparently he went to a family party where no one had been vaccinated so they're assume he got it there.

Old 07-08-2021, 01:19 PM

12,870 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
Aside from places requiring masks (or employees still required in masks), I'd say Boston is even less -- maybe 5% masked at this point.
That's my observation in town too. Here in Eastie I'm guessing it's closer to 15% masked, probably due to the fact that we have one of the lowest vaccination rates in the city. Transit has been the biggest surprise for me. Up until a week ago everyone was wearing masks on the T. It's still probably 95% masked, but I'm seeing unmasked riders every trip now.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:38 AM

2,353 posts, read 1,780,522 times
Hampden is up to 62% of 12+ having at least one dose. Bristol is 64%.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:24 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
Hampden is up to 62% of 12+ having at least one dose. Bristol is 64%.

You really need to look at fully vaccinated since one jab is so ineffective against the Delta variant. County also isn't great granularity to pick out the likely upcoming hotspot areas. New Bedford is still a miserable 40% fully vaccinated. Springfield #2 at 42%. I saw a few of the usual suspects in the upper-40s.

My fiancee's hospitals are now mandatory COVID-19 vaccination. That's 90+ hospitals nationally.

Health care, nursing home residents, and public safety people who got vaccinated early probably need to start wondering about a booster shot. Very preliminary Israel data analysis is showing that the breakthrough infections trend to people who were vaccinated 6+ months ago. They're the only ones who are doing COVID-19 testing as part of contact tracing. I guess it's time to buy more Pfizer and Moderna stock?

Old 07-09-2021, 07:27 AM

Looks like Pfizer is seeking approval for a 3rd shot

https://www.newsday.com/news/health/...fda-1.50301119

Old 07-09-2021, 09:45 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Looks like Pfizer is seeking approval for a 3rd shot

https://www.newsday.com/news/health/...fda-1.50301119
Not Logging todayin the woods "high Wind Warning " so I read this and its just my OPINION,and everyone is allowed one even on here.
They say its for another variant . The third would be a booster ,they say ,
Long time I got a Polio shot with all my friends ,none got Polio Now that's a life time altering disease.
Big Pharma just needs more money
Let the Flaming begin.

Old 07-09-2021, 09:56 AM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Not Logging todayin the woods "high Wind Warning " so I read this and its just my OPINION,and everyone is allowed one even on here.
Long time I got a Polio shot with all my friends ,none got Polio Now that's a life time altering disease.
Let the Flaming begin.

I take it you don't feel a 3rd shot will be necessary? I will accept any data or informed opinions supporting that. Now is your chance to bring it forward.

Old 07-09-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Let the Flaming begin.

CDC/FDA share the same opinion.

https://wtam.iheart.com/content/2021...ent-necessary/

I got the Pfizer shot. I don't really want to get a 3rd "just because" so ill wait and see what the data says as i'm sure this is going to get debated for the next few months

Old 07-09-2021, 10:43 AM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
CDC/FDA share the same opinion.

https://wtam.iheart.com/content/2021...ent-necessary/

I got the Pfizer shot. I don't really want to get a 3rd "just because" so ill wait and see what the data says as i'm sure this is going to get debated for the next few months

I'd definitely want to see more data before jumping in, although I can't say I have a whole lot of confidence in the CDC/FDA. They certainly won't be making a decision that important for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts