Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2021, 06:48 AM

1,055 posts, read 1,415,487 times

Advertisements

It is a public health failure, but I'm not going to hold back on saying this--the people there are at fault. They're risking their lives and other people's lives by not doing what they should be doing, and at this point there aren't any excuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 06:59 AM

12,863 posts, read 22,026,395 times
I've been riding the T almost daily to/from work and mask compliance is still very good during working hours. But last night going to/from Fenway, I was surprised at how bad it was. Maybe 50% of riders were wearing masks. One Green Line driver made a few "Masks MUST be worn!" announcements, but there was little effort to enforce the requirement outside of that.

Old 07-01-2021, 07:18 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
…unless you’re somewhere like New Bedford with a 39% fully vaccinated rate. 38,563 fully vaccinated out of just shy of 100,000. It’s now worse than Springfield. A total public health failure.
Yeah, it’s definitely problematic.

There’s a handful of think-tanks/orgs from all political spectrums working in tandem to improve immunization rates within certain demographics. I know Frank Luntz, the Republican pollster, worked with some of these groups via the de Beaumont org to develop messaging for resistant Republican demographics and the initial data suggests that the right messaging can penetrate.

One hopes these groups can find success in other demographics.

Old 07-01-2021, 08:59 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I've been riding the T almost daily to/from work and mask compliance is still very good during working hours. But last night going to/from Fenway, I was surprised at how bad it was. Maybe 50% of riders were wearing masks. One Green Line driver made a few "Masks MUST be worn!" announcements, but there was little effort to enforce the requirement outside of that.
Given how hot it is I guess i'm not surprised that people aren't up for wearing masks even on the air conditioned train. Plus they may be vaccinated and dont care...or not.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:11 AM

12,863 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Given how hot it is I guess i'm not surprised that people aren't up for wearing masks even on the air conditioned train. Plus they may be vaccinated and dont care...or not.
Probably all of the above. I think the difference between the 9-5 commuters and the people on the T for the Sox is mostly just habit. I use the T daily and know that it's one of the few places I'm supposed to wear a mask - everyone this morning had theirs on too. People riding the T for the Sox might largely be out of the habit of wearing them in their daily lives and either didn't pack one or didn't think to put it on. They make announcements every minute or two in the stations, but frankly, most people aren't paying too much attention to those. I'm sure some are also well aware and just not doing it on principal, but it's interesting to see the disparity.

Also, you can register for "Vaxmillions" today.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:15 AM

I registered! lol

Old 07-01-2021, 09:50 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Yeah, it’s definitely problematic.

There’s a handful of think-tanks/orgs from all political spectrums working in tandem to improve immunization rates within certain demographics. I know Frank Luntz, the Republican pollster, worked with some of these groups via the de Beaumont org to develop messaging for resistant Republican demographics and the initial data suggests that the right messaging can penetrate.

One hopes these groups can find success in other demographics.
No vaccination, no Mass Health benefits would be a good start in New Bedford.

Old 07-01-2021, 05:12 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I took a hard look at changing mountains to Sugarloaf when I lived in Portsmouth NH. It’s superb when it’s good but it has huge wind hold problems with nowhere to hide and it doesn’t see the skier visits to have acceptable snowmaking in lean snow years. Wickid pissah far from Rhode Island. The property tax rate sure is attractive compared to Vermont, though.

I found the newly reopened Saddleback to be a great alternative to Sugarloaf. They seem to have a much better handle on keeping the trails in good condition, and of course the lighter crowds help.

Old 07-02-2021, 04:22 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Massachusetts stopped publishing the weekly by-town COVID-19 infection data.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:18 AM

This is interesting, not in MA but a group of nurses chose not to get the vaccine because they felt it was rushed:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nurses-fi...202817653.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts