Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2020, 08:10 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
It's "separation", in the 1st place.

Quoting a piece of trash like the Washington Times doesn't help your argument, either.
I never discredit a source because of where it came from because I am a critical thinker. I check multiple sources to find the accuracy of the claim.

You like to be petty to point out a spelling error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 08:19 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
More and more communities within Massachusetts are ordering face masks to be worn if there's a chance social distancing may not be possible, and I'd wager we're a long way from opening things back up.

When do you think we should expect our "LIBERATE MASSACHUSETTS" tweet?

Old 04-17-2020, 08:36 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
Honestly, I don't figure Massachusetts people to be the type. They will go along with what the authorities say to do and not blink an eye other than a very small minority.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:43 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Even the house on 20 in Sudbury with the huge TRUMP2020 iron sculpture in their front yard took it down at the beginning of the pandemic.

More people here than elsewhere recognize that scientists aren't out to get them.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:18 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
It’s possible to believe in science and want the economy to get moving again. Why does it have to be one or the other?

This is a terrible ordeal. I don’t want people dying or sick on ventilators but it’s also disheartening to read about people losing jobs and businesses.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:41 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
More and more communities within Massachusetts are ordering face masks to be worn if there's a chance social distancing may not be possible, and I'd wager we're a long way from opening things back up.

When reading this forum i think it might take a thousand years.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:52 PM

If you want to work that badly look online and apply for a different type of job or start some kind of side hustle. Plenty of places are hiring right now and it’s all work that can be done from home.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:34 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
IF you dont find that violations then you dont deserve freedom. you dont care about individual rights.

IF a church building had toxic mold the members would congregate elsewhere in normal times. They are not allowed to congregate anywhere. The govenor has no authority to prevent people from assembeling . If people want to do it for the saftey of everyone that is different. Ever hear of seperation of church and state? I guess not.
This is the same bizarre logic that tries to claim that shouting FIRE! in a crowded movie theater is exercising freedom of speech.

Old 04-18-2020, 09:45 AM

So much controversy over construction right now. I get that workers want to keep working so they can get paid but at this point why would construction even be a priority unless they are building hospitals? Whatever is being built who they heck is going to go there anytime soon ? I can’t imagine there will be much demand for luxury apartment, condos, restaurants or offices anytime soon

Explain to me why continuing construction is so important right now. Boston has been so built up over the past 15 yrs maybe a break wouldn’t be a bad thing?

Old 04-18-2020, 10:30 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,099,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
So much controversy over construction right now. I get that workers want to keep working so they can get paid but at this point why would construction even be a priority unless they are building hospitals? Whatever is being built who they heck is going to go there anytime soon ? I can’t imagine there will be much demand for luxury apartment, condos, restaurants or offices anytime soon

Explain to me why continuing construction is so important right now. Boston has been so built up over the past 15 yrs maybe a break wouldn’t be a bad thing?
Building Hospitals?? Are you that out of touch with reality? And we need people working to keep the barely breathing economy afloat. And things should start opening back up mid May if we know what goods for our country. We won’t have to worry about what’s open or not if this keeps going longer than mid May. We’d have to start searching high and low just for basic things.

The longer we keep things closed and people out of work, foreclosures will skyrocket, auto repo’s will be common occurrence. People won’t be buying cellphones, or even having plans for that matter. Gym memberships will plummet.

We as a society need to get back to work, school , play. Or we will just sit inside and decay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts