Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2020, 04:33 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times

Advertisements

For those interested those doctors who where interviewed that I gave a link to will be on fox news tonight!

I dont normally watch fox but i will be interested in seeing what they have to say. apperently whether you agree with them or not they have gained national attention!! good for them!

https://www.bakersfield.com/news/loc...57407c86b.html

I don't know if anyone watched the second video but on that video the doctor says " if you try to take away our rights the only appropriate response is violence." Even I would not say that.

They are extreamly far right. Other doctors have chimed in on social media trying to point out their flaws in their calculations. I still think most of what was said by these doctors makes sense.

I was hoping they would be on Tucker carlson but they will be on the Ingrahm show.

The journalists interviewing the doctors where rude.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-27-2020 at 05:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 05:22 PM

2,955 posts, read 1,412,392 times
Today was Takeout Day in Worcester to support our local restaurants, so I did my duty as a good citizen and ordered a pastrami and cheese sandwich with mustard from a deli. I called and ordered and paid over the phone. Then bundled up so no germs could escape nor get into my nose, ears, eyes or mouth, drove over, opened the door of the deli, shouted out my name, ran in and snatched my food while holding my breath and left.

Old 04-27-2020, 05:32 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
Today was Takeout Day in Worcester to support our local restaurants, so I did my duty as a good citizen and ordered a pastrami and cheese sandwich with mustard from a deli. I called and ordered and paid over the phone. Then bundled up so no germs could escape nor get into my nose, ears, eyes or mouth, drove over, opened the door of the deli, shouted out my name, ran in and snatched my food while holding my breath and left.
Brilliant having take out day to help restaurants on the one day restaurants are often closed.

Old 04-27-2020, 05:35 PM

2,955 posts, read 1,412,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Brilliant having take out day to help restaurants on the one day restaurants are often closed.
Ya, not sure why they picked today, but today was the day.

Old 04-27-2020, 05:37 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
For those interested those doctors who where interviewed that I gave a link to will be on fox news tonight!

I dont normally watch fox but i will be interested in seeing what they have to say. apperently whether you agree with them or not they have gained national attention!! good for them!

https://www.bakersfield.com/news/loc...57407c86b.html

I don't know if anyone watched the second video but on that video the doctor says " if you try to take away our rights the only appropriate response is violence." Even I would not say that.

They are extreamly far right. Other doctors have chimed in on social media trying to point out their flaws in their calculations. I still think most of what was said by these doctors makes sense.

I was hoping they would be on Tucker carlson but they will be on the Ingrahm show.

The journalists interviewing the doctors where rude.
I only watched the second video, which was the basis for my conspiracy theory comment. Maybe "conspiracy theory" is too easy a descriptor for you, but anytime someone blames words as a controlling device of the government/imaginary deep state, that's the word I'll use, and I think it fits.

They have a clear agenda, which FOX is unsurprisingly happy to spread.

Old 04-27-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
I only watched the second video, which was the basis for my conspiracy theory comment. Maybe "conspiracy theory" is too easy a descriptor for you, but anytime someone blames words as a controlling device of the government/imaginary deep state, that's the word I'll use, and I think it fits.

They have a clear agenda, which FOX is unsurprisingly happy to spread.
Ya cnn and msnbc does not have a agenda with flat out lies. The science of how you have to expose yourself to germs to strenghten your immune system is not a agenda its a fact. If you try and avoid germs you might end up like howard hughes.

Old 04-27-2020, 05:48 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Ya cnn and msnbc does not have a agenda with flat out lies. The blind will always be blind.
Spoiler: nearly everything on broadcast TV is editorialized, so unless you're watching CSPAN and drawing your own conclusions, you're probably no more "woke" than the average MSNBC viewer.

Old 04-27-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Spoiler: nearly everything on broadcast TV is editorialized, so unless you're watching CSPAN and drawing your own conclusions, you're probably no more "woke" than the average MSNBC viewer.
that is why i get my news from alternative media. all the major networks are owned by few companies. I can watch agenda news and not be affected. in fact i probably have watched more cnn then fox .

Old 04-27-2020, 06:05 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
I do think there's a difference of degree (a big difference) between editorializing and lying.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:36 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I do think there's a difference of degree (a big difference) between editorializing and lying.
I was being generous, but yes, I agree. I consider Fox News to be a propaganda station with just enough straight news to provide a veneer of legitimacy. I say this as someone who reads a fair amount of center-right editorials which I view as sincere policy thinking.

The core problem is many Americans, perhaps even the majority, do not fundamentally understand the difference between "news" and "editorials". It's why many view NPR as a leftist news outlet despite NPRs actual reporting being no more biased than traditional "neutral" sources like the AP. And others think Hannity is "the news" ... GUH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts