Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2020, 06:57 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,284,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
This really hasn’t been much of a shutdown. The only things shut down are offices, restaurants, gyms, some parking lots closed off. People are free to do whatever they want. It does seem like most people are being responsible but who really knows.
Parks are closed. Schools, Museums, retail stores, all salons, theaters.

You can't control what people do in their own homes. They can be advised on best practice, but if they're going to be stupid, what more can you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 07:04 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,321,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I wish people would just stop it with this totally flawed analogy. How many of the conditions you have listed are contagious, with no vaccine, no known cure, and very serious complications in 20+% of the cases?
Very serious complications in 20+% of the cases when we don't even know how many asymptomatic people there are? Or how many have had it and didn't get tested because they were mild or recovered on their own? So what's this 20+%, then? Of those that were serious enough to go to the hospital, 20% of those?

I wish people would just stop it with acting like this is the single most dangerous thing to have ever happened to humanity. I seriously think some of you would be less upset and anxious about a giant asteroid hurtling toward the earth.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:13 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Hundreds of people are dying a day in our state alone. That’s not serious enough?

Old 04-27-2020, 07:18 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
i-t-a-l-y.
whats your point?

Old 04-27-2020, 07:19 AM

6,129 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
Very serious complications in 20+% of the cases when we don't even know how many asymptomatic people there are? Or how many have had it and didn't get tested because they were mild or recovered on their own? So what's this 20+%, then? Of those that were serious enough to go to the hospital, 20% of those?

I wish people would just stop it with acting like this is the single most dangerous thing to have ever happened to humanity. I seriously think some of you would be less upset and anxious about a giant asteroid hurtling toward the earth.
The issue is that everyone seems to have a different personal risk threshold. Which is why we see people consistently texting and driving, and OUI for example. Honestly I don't care about your behavior except when it starts to affect me or my loved ones.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:22 AM

7,925 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Parks are open. You can still have social distancing in a park. There are differences in local VS state and non profit.

https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus...main-open.html

https://www.westernmassnews.com/news...f9ead370b.html

https://www.masslive.com/living/2020...e-locally.html

Playgrounds are closed that's different. As long as you maintain distance it's fine.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:25 AM

Ok here is a video for those stuck in your homes that can calm your nerves about covid-19.

This video has a doctor who is working on the frontlines with this virus. He uses data that they collected in California . They know how they got the data.

It is well worth watching. since the shutdown domestic violence has gone up , child molestation, and suicides .

If anyone watches this I would like to hear your opinion on it. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLVxx_lBLU

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-27-2020 at 07:34 AM..

Old 04-27-2020, 07:32 AM

6,129 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Ok here is a video for those stuck in your homes that can calm your nerves about covid-19.

This video has a doctor who is working on the frontlines with this virus. He uses data that they collected in California . They know how they got the data.

It is well worth watching. since the shutdown domestic violence has gone up , child molestation, and suicides .

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...o+japan+from+c

If anyone watches this I would like to hear your opinion on it. Thanks
Wrong link...it takes you to Japan statistics

Old 04-27-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Wrong link...it takes you to Japan statistics

sorry ill fix it ......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLVxx_lBLU

Old 04-27-2020, 07:56 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
I’m curious as to when people will feel comfortable getting together with family members? That’s one area where I’ve been surprised to see people so disciplined. I don’t know for sure but I’ve seen people post on Facebook how much they miss their parents or grandparents when the normally see them all the time. I admit I have seen my parents. We’ve gone to their house 3 or 4 times since this happened.

I do wonder when others will feel comfortable with seeing family members?? I don’t see why baker lifting the may 4th closed business plan should have anything to do with people no longer afraid of giving or getting this to family.

Honestly there’s just no way to know if someone’s brother or 10 yr old kid had it unless they get tested. It’s interesting too because many of these people I know so worried about this certainly didn’t practice safe sex or make their partners get tested. But now they won’t go near their own fresh and blood for fear of giving or getting this. Just interesting. I just don’t know when people will feel comfortable being around the people they normally would see before this. Thoughts ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts