Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2020, 01:16 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
ya i was going to wait until putting it on after spraying the sanitizer like hours and hours after. but maybee there is a reason why most dont spray the sanitizer on their masks.
I was not going to use lysol but hand sanitizer but probably a bad idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 01:55 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
Curious if anybody on this forum is doing any antibody testing this weekend. Several Health Express locations on the south shore (and I assume around other parts of the state) are offering antibody testing starting yesterday. Must be over the age 10 and obviously be symptom-free for 14 days.

I called and the testing is done on a first come, first serve basis. You park, call the front desk, and they come out and do everything from your car. The nurse I talked with this morning said to expect a "very long wait". Given that I've been symptom-free and definitely don't have hours to wait, I think I'll wait to take it. I did call my regular doc in hopes that their lab is doing the testing and I could get an appt. to take the test, but they aren't offering it "yet".

I'm glad to see these tests start to roll out. I've read there have been some issues with the early serology tests, but hopefully they are resolved quickly and the antibody tests will be widely available. While I don't see it changing anybody's behavior, I do think it will be eye-opening to see the numbers roll in.
Good to know, but I have a strong aversion to waiting in lines. I am waiting for Bringham and Women hospital to get their antibody test approved by FDA. I read yesterday that the official list of symptoms has been expanded to include 'chills' and 'sore throat' which were my two primary symptoms 5 weeks ago, so my self estimate that I had and got over the virus has increased to 70%. And it would be good to know if they test for both IgM and IgG, and if it is possible to get some kind of certificate.

Old 04-25-2020, 02:42 PM

15,802 posts, read 20,519,731 times
I’d take the antibody test if it was easy to do and not too expensive.

my mom recently admitted to us that she thinks she had COVID back in feb. She works at a nursing home that has been affected and thinks some residents had it then, as some do now.

Around the same time, I had 2-3 days where I was down with fever, chills, cough and no congestion(as I usually get) and then recovers but was achy for a few days.

Of course, could be any of the more common cold viruses, but I’m really curious and if I can do the test easily, I’d like to try. I’m just not waiting in line for hours or spending $200+ to do it.

Old 04-25-2020, 02:46 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,553,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I’d take the antibody test if it was easy to do and not too expensive. .
The Health one test is $200.00. You can just go to any Quest lab for the draw. They are all over.

Old 04-25-2020, 03:17 PM

17,759 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Good to know, but I have a strong aversion to waiting in lines. I am waiting for Bringham and Women hospital to get their antibody test approved by FDA. I read yesterday that the official list of symptoms has been expanded to include 'chills' and 'sore throat' which were my two primary symptoms 5 weeks ago, so my self estimate that I had and got over the virus has increased to 70%. And it would be good to know if they test for both IgM and IgG, and if it is possible to get some kind of certificate.
Are those symptoms new? I recall hearing about sore throat a long time ago.

And Chris Cuomo, the CNN anchor and brother of NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo, was shivering so bad that he chipped a tooth. Hallucinations also.

Chris Cuomo reveals he chipped a tooth after experiencing coronavirus 'rigors'

""So the sun comes up. I was up all night,'' he said. "I tell you, I was hallucinating. My dad was talking to me.""

Old 04-25-2020, 03:20 PM

18,732 posts, read 33,406,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I’d take the antibody test if it was easy to do and not too expensive.

Around the same time, I had 2-3 days where I was down with fever, chills, cough and no congestion(as I usually get) and then recovers but was achy for a few days.

I'm one of the many people who had a virulent upper respiratory thing a few months ago "never been sicker in my life" etc. After three days of severe symptoms (painful hacking dry cough, soaking fever, rigors, weak and unable to walk without holding onto furniture) I did go to the E.R. and they said my lungs were clear and that "something is going around."

I would certainly take an antibody test, if it were one that was approved (not black market) but I don't know that I'd do anything different based on the results whatever they were. Yeah, I'd pay for it.

Old 04-25-2020, 03:39 PM

2,353 posts, read 1,784,045 times
Still seems like there is doubt whether immunity is even given. The antibodies test may not end up being all that useful if you don't get immunity or it's not for long.

Old 04-25-2020, 03:43 PM

17,759 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I would certainly take an antibody test, if it were one that was approved (not black market) but I don't know that I'd do anything different based on the results whatever they were. Yeah, I'd pay for it.
What's really the point? As far as I know, there's no guarantee that you're immune. And even if you are immune, nobody knows for how long.

Old 04-25-2020, 03:51 PM

18,732 posts, read 33,406,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
What's really the point? As far as I know, there's no guarantee that you're immune. And even if you are immune, nobody knows for how long.
I know that, obviously. I'd just like to know. I said I wouldn't do anything differently based on the results.

Old 04-25-2020, 04:14 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Are those symptoms new? I recall hearing about sore throat a long time ago.

And Chris Cuomo, the CNN anchor and brother of NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo, was shivering so bad that he chipped a tooth. Hallucinations also.

Chris Cuomo reveals he chipped a tooth after experiencing coronavirus 'rigors'

""So the sun comes up. I was up all night,'' he said. "I tell you, I was hallucinating. My dad was talking to me.""
I had thought that sore throat was a symptom also, but according to this article it is new. The chills/shivering is definitely new.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-add...ms-2020-04-25/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts