Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2020, 06:27 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I'll disagree with one point--the elective surgeries are already starting to take place..
Yes, the elective surgeries are probably the surgeries that were supposed to take place sometime in early March. I know my husband's surgery has already been put off several times and it's a serious operation but I guess they were only taking emergencies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 06:58 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,799,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
He is a jew that ratted out his neighbors to the nazi's . He admits it in interviews. He is a evil man.

he pretended to not be jewish to save his life. he turned on his own people. they asked him if he felt guilty about it and he said no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWizajL7tA

the german occupation was the happiest time of his life!! he admits it.
He was born in 1930, so his "crimes" were committed between the ages of 11 and 15. A real juvenile delinquent.

Old 05-20-2020, 07:04 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCapeCod View Post
He was born in 1930, so his "crimes" were committed between the ages of 11 and 15. A real juvenile delinquent.
Ya i guess you could say he cant be held accountable at that age but the point is when he got much older he never felt any guilt for what he did.

Old 05-20-2020, 07:27 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I'll disagree with one point--the elective surgeries are already starting to take place..
There’s a difference between the state allowing elective surgery and people flocking to the hospital to get procedures done. My girlfriend has an office in a hospital. She’s working remote and the half of her staff that isn’t furloughed across a bunch of hospitals is working remote. If a large hospital holding company doesn’t think it’s safe for non-essential employees to be in the building, do you think people are rushing into hospitals to get elective things like colonoscopies that can easily be deferred? Hospital revenue is going to be in the toilet as long as there are COVID-19 patients. No matter how you isolate them, it’s going to be impossible to dispel that plague ship image.

Old 05-20-2020, 07:30 PM

162 posts, read 102,128 times
Quote:
. he never felt any guilt for what he did.
You don't have any clue what Soros did or didn't do 75 years ago and you're not qualified in any way to be his judge or jury. Another in a long line of nut job right wing conspiracy theories.

Old 05-20-2020, 07:40 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
...My girlfriend has an office in a hospital. She’s working remote and the half of her staff that isn’t furloughed across a bunch of hospitals is working remote. If a large hospital holding company doesn’t think it’s safe for non-essential employees to be in the building, do you think people are rushing into hospitals to get elective things like colonoscopies that can easily be deferred? ...

I think the idea is to have as few people available to be making contact as is reasonably possible, not that the remote workers can't be in the building because it's not safe. That said, I had the same thought that the hospital where I'm getting a sleep apnea study done Friday was too full of COVID for me to feel okay. I found out casually that there is sufficient PPE, the COVID wing is being closed down for lack of need and is separate from the regular beds, etc. etc. Also that, while a sleep study might well be elective and able to be postponed, the effects of untreated apnea could be very dire. I've gone to the dentist, had an audiology check and chiropractic treatment since realizing this is the new normal and everything is being done for proper precautions in the circumstance.

Old 05-20-2020, 07:51 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
So do we trust what the CDC is saying or the fact that it is newsworthy. Look at all of those news articles, it's almost always cited as "rare".

More US children ill from rare syndrome with possible link to coronavirus

Coronavirus: Children affected by rare Kawasaki-like disease

Doctors in Italy make a link between Covid-19 and rare 'Kawasaki-like' inflammatory disease in children

I'm not trying to deny that the syndrome is real or that it isn't important to know about. It's just important not overstate the danger. The evidence is that this is a rare syndrome. You get to pull the fire alarm once, maybe twice, without a real fire before people start ignoring the fire alarm. There is already social distancing fatigue.
I am 73, I have never in my life seen my fellow citizens take this attitude that the death of 100 children or a few thousand seniors is ok if it means the difference between me staying home or being able to have my nails done or go to the gym. It's depressing that we have so little ability to empathize with or care about others. I'm not sure how we got here or how this can be changed, it's just sad.

Old 05-20-2020, 07:53 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Ya i guess you could say he cant be held accountable at that age but the point is when he got much older he never felt any guilt for what he did.
He did what he did to stay alive. Now we have US citizens saying we shouldn't worry about people dying from Covid because our "freedom" trumps their right to live.

Old 05-20-2020, 08:04 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I am 73, I have never in my life seen my fellow citizens take this attitude that the death of 100 children or a few thousand seniors is ok if it means the difference between me staying home or being able to have my nails done or go to the gym. It's depressing that we have so little ability to empathize with or care about others. I'm not sure how we got here or how this can be changed, it's just sad.
Just wondering- do you know how many children die per year of any number of any other causes? It's quite a lot more, I hate to say. If this is really your logic, you should have NEVER left your home your entire life. And even then, you aren't doing enough, because kids die in the thousands every year regardless.

Old 05-20-2020, 08:20 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I think the idea is to have as few people available to be making contact as is reasonably possible, not that the remote workers can't be in the building because it's not safe. That said, I had the same thought that the hospital where I'm getting a sleep apnea study done Friday was too full of COVID for me to feel okay. I found out casually that there is sufficient PPE, the COVID wing is being closed down for lack of need and is separate from the regular beds, etc. etc. Also that, while a sleep study might well be elective and able to be postponed, the effects of untreated apnea could be very dire. I've gone to the dentist, had an audiology check and chiropractic treatment since realizing this is the new normal and everything is being done for proper precautions in the circumstance.
Sure, but you can do a home sleep study like most of the rest of the first world does. You don’t need a sleep study in a sleep center for garden variety obstructive sleep apnea. The machines have a cellular data modem in them. They can watch every breath remotely. Same for a pulse oximeter. They ship you one with Bluetooth and the widget with the cellular data modem to relay the data. You only need the sleep center if what you have is more complex than vanilla obstructive sleep apnea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts